Is the v10 a GREAT phone with a bonus screen, or a so-so phone with a second screen gimmicks?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I REALLY want to get the LG V10.... My dilemma is trying to figure out whether or not:

a) The v10 is an excellent, top of the line Android phone that happens to also have an awesome new feature to enhance the already great phone.....

Or,

b) The v10 is a sub-par, nothing special Android phone that tacked on a second screen as a gimmick to help is sell, when the phone without said screen wouldn't really sell.

My other question is.... I multi-task like a mad man, and am always flipping back and forth between several apps at the same time. Will second screen be a welcomed, helpful additional features to help me with my multitasking mayhem...

I'm coming from an s5, s6 and Droid turbo...

Thanks!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It's A.. Not B..

I had the Note 5.. gave it to my wife.. Before that I had the S6 Active.. gave that to my son..

While both were excellent phones neither of them are as nice as my v10.. and no the second screen isn't a gimmicky thing at all.

The camera is better than any other smartphone.. and the sound quality is too IMHO.

The only complaint I have is the speaker volume and that really is a minor complaint.

I switch through several screens and have no issues..

Buy it.. You'll be glad you did

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I wrote an article last week. Im coming from a galaxy note 4, and s6 edge. The v10 is an awesome phone. Its fast, has expandable storage and swappable battery even though my battery gets me through a full day. It handles apps smoother than the samsungs. I never thought I'd say that. But true. The 2nd screen is no gimmick, but a useful tool. Go test drive one. That's what I did. Im a v10 fan now.

Posted via Android Central App

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, it's most certainly NOT b.

But please, do a little more research on the second screen before you go any further. It's not what you think it is. Find the owner's manual, hit youtube, etc.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's most certainly NOT b.

But please, do a little more research on the second screen before you go any further. It's not what you think it is. Find the owner's manual, hit youtube, etc.

Thanks... Yes, I'm familiar with the second screen.... I am curious how convenient it is have the icons for the most recently used apps always available in the second screen....

Thanks again!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
You know, I never think about it. That's my fault. Of course, I do use the little square icon on the bottom to pull up my last windows/apps. There's always another way to do things.

Frankly, I never use the second screen. I have it set up, but I never use it. They say it replaces a blinking light with a better notification indicator, and maybe it does, but I don't care about notifications--I don't let my phone run my life for me. If I had a notification LED, I'd just turn it off.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Definitely A. The phone is on par with just about anything else out there right now.

I like the second display. I think I would feel like something was missing without it. I don't really use it for shortcuts, but I love how the notifications work. I thought I would miss a notification light, but the screen is very good for letting you know not only that you have a notification, but from what app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Huh. I don't see it. If you're staring at the phone you'll see things scroll across the top screen, but other than that it really isn't all that great at showing a bunch of information--all the worse because of how dim it is when the main screen is off.

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The V10 is a very nice phone, certainly not middling. However, all of the Android flagships have "issues" this year.

The V10's include: shipping with Lollipop; lack of OEM accessories (EBay and Amazon scalpers, don't count); Using the 808 when the 810 has largely been sorted; poor battery life; and some "light bleed".

Even with its " issues", I do enjoy the V10 a great deal and reach for it before my Nexus 6 nearly all the time.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I was considering this phone, main thing keeping me away are onscreen buttons, I hate then.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If judged only on the second screen, then it is a work in progress. While useful, it can be much more. I think much of the functionality is in the hidden menus that they should develop quickly.

Otherwise it fits into the category of a very good/excellent phone. The best I have had to date.

Posted from my LG V10

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
If judged only on the second screen, then it is a work in progress. While useful, it can be much more. I think much of the functionality is in the hidden menus that they should develop quickly.

Otherwise it fits into the category of a very good/excellent phone. The best I have had to date.

Posted from my LG V10

What he said..

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about the second screen as well. I found it gimmicky on the end. I can access my apps much easier on the home screen in folders then reaching for the second screen

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I like the second screen.. I like when the notifications come in. I don't really use it for recently opened apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech