I received my battery promo and I was wondering. I usually don't use a second battery but was thinking about charging it and keeping it handy. Was curious though, Will it drain over time? Will it harm the battery charging it and not using it until it drains? Thank you
    01-04-2016 11:00 AM
    With the second battery I have cut myself free from being tethered to the charger. Instead, it's the battery charger that is attached to the wall outlet. I swap out the battery when the phone shows the level around 5%.
    Joeykool and corvette72778 like this.
    01-04-2016 11:26 AM
    I just hate to keep taking the case and back off once or twice day.
    01-04-2016 12:04 PM
    With the second battery I have cut myself free from being tethered to the charger. Instead, it's the battery charger that is attached to the wall outlet. I swap out the battery when the phone shows the level around 5%.
    this is what I used to do with my Note 4, and will plan on doing with my V10 when I get my spare tonight.
    Joeykool likes this.
    01-04-2016 12:28 PM
    this is what I used to do with my Note 4, and will plan on doing with my V10 when I get my spare tonight.
    It's nice to have this option and freedom isn't it??

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-04-2016 03:56 PM
    I used to be the same way about swapping batteries. Mainly the wear and tear on the battery plate. The good thing is that all the parts are replaceable. It's one of the best things about this phone.

01-04-2016 06:37 PM
    Do you guys have cases on your phones as well?
    01-04-2016 09:50 PM
    I do not have a case. But I am putting a case in the LG G3 that my son is getting, and it has a spare battery. Will probably be a pain to swap.

Joeykool likes this.
    01-05-2016 05:18 AM
    Do you guys have cases on your phones as well?
    Yes only reason for me is the phone naked is slippery and when I sell the phone I won't it to be as close to mint condition.

Joeykool likes this.
    01-05-2016 07:18 AM
    I carry the battery and case when I am going out with a less than full battery. I have only swapped it out once or twice. This last time I swapped it out when the phone shut down but the charger case seems to have a problem charging the dead battery. I had it plugged into a Ventev wall wart all night and most of the night it seemed to be flashing yellow. Reseat the cable and it goes red for a while before flashing yellow again. I gave up this morning with the Venetev and plugged the stock LG charger that came with the phone. I'll see what the status is when I get home this evening.
    02-18-2016 07:34 AM
    the extra battery fits perfectly in a wallet. I can't get over how cool it is to have a 2nd battery that is barely noticeable in a wallet.
    02-18-2016 10:42 AM
    the extra battery fits perfectly in a wallet. .
    that seems like a bad idea
    02-18-2016 12:15 PM
    Be careful with an extra battery. I bought one and it started to mess my phone up. It started to lag BAD. But as for the case I have the oblique case and it's perfect for slipping on and off to access the battery.

02-18-2016 02:21 PM
    I just hate to keep taking the case and back off once or twice day.
    I agree. I do swap out my battery daily but lately I've been wondering about the repercussions of doing this. Is the back getting extra wear and tear from being taken off daily? What about the phone? I get the "Android is starting up" screen occasionally, that seems odd. I dont know....this is the first phone I've ever swapped battery out this often and the back IS very easy to get off and put back on. I just hope its ok to do this daily for 2 years!

02-18-2016 04:43 PM
    that seems like a bad idea
    Why would that be a bad idea? I've carried a spare battery in my wallet for years. Of course I keep my wallet in my front pocket if that makes a differece..
    02-18-2016 05:13 PM
    Why would that be a bad idea? I've carried a spare battery in my wallet for years. Of course I keep my wallet in my front pocket if that makes a differece..
    When I had my Note 3, they shipped my spare battery with a thin LDPE case that snapped closed around the battery. I was able to slip it in my back pocket when I went places where I thought I'd need it. With the V10, I don't have that, so I've found myself toting my spare battery around inside the charger (which is significantly bigger, but I don't want to carry a naked battery).
    02-19-2016 09:27 AM
    The extra battery I ordered off Amazon has a case for it.
    Genuine OEM Original LG Spare Extra Regular Standard Li-Ion Battery + Protective Case 3000mAh BL-45B1F / BAK-110 For LG V10 Phone (1x LG Battery) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018PEE94K...cUvbUpU5004524

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    02-19-2016 03:21 PM
    I try to not go past 10% if I can help myself before I switch
    02-20-2016 12:56 PM
    I swap out my battery weekly to keep them both fresh. If you never use your second battery then it will eventually discharge itself.
    Joeykool likes this.
    02-20-2016 11:58 PM
    The extra battery I ordered off Amazon has a case for it.
    Is it possible to buy just this case?
    Joeykool likes this.
    02-22-2016 07:59 AM
    Or just buy another spare battery? Lol how much would u pay for my case?

02-22-2016 09:01 PM
    I charged mine up to 100 and let it sit in the car for two weeks before I needed it. It was still fully charged when I put it in the phone.
    Joeykool likes this.
    02-23-2016 11:13 PM
    Or just buy another spare battery? Lol how much would u pay for my case?

I'd pay $5. PM me if you're serious.
    02-26-2016 07:28 AM
    i looked and looked before, but never found one. Much like the other posters, I had the Note 4, and it had the spare battery case. I got my V10 spare battery with the Promo and it did not include the case. I also carry my spare with the charger cradle. Not a problem in winter since I have coat pocket to keep it in, but probably not ideal for summer.
    02-26-2016 07:51 AM
    Of course I keep my wallet in my front pocket if that makes a differece..
    i would think that would make difference. I assumed you had a naked battery in your wallet in your back pocket, being sat on multiple times a day. Seems like that would break or snap it if you hit the wrong angle.
    oditius likes this.
    02-26-2016 07:52 AM