New V10, Setting Up Contacts

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a new V10, added my gmail account, and it created a contact for just about every email I've ever interacted with in the 10 years using gmail. I'm obviously missing something - I just want the 200+ contacts I have defined on contacts.google.com to sync on the phone after linking it to a gmail account. What am I missing? I don't remember this with previous Android phones.

I tried doing a factor reset, setting up as a new device, linked the gmail account, but it still decided to create 2000+ contacts.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem back when I switched to the G2. And no real way to edit. The V10, if you go to contacts>>settings (the 3 dots on the upper right will bring you to the menu

From there, you can select which contacts to display, with additional granularity to the Gmail account. Hope that helps..
1ad7bc55bb2df0c4b09cb6b1016930ee.jpg

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Still a pretty crummy thing for LG to do. Well, maybe not. Was it the 'other contacts' group that was enabled? I know Google used to (and may still) add everyone you email to that group.

Last edited: