V10 Verizon Update - VS99011B

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys see if the fingerprint works for third party apps. Android pay, bank of America, etc

Posted via the Android Central App

It already worked with Android Pay.....don't know about anything else, but after looking at the settings, seems doubtful at this point.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
My alarm was louder than ever this morning. They definitely ramped that up in the update. The second screen seems to work better, I haven't nailed down exactly what's different though.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Think I might be the first one to be disappointed in this update. This never happened before. As soon as I dial a number, before even putting to my ear, my screen goes black. So, if you get one of those numbers where you: hit 1 for.......hit 2 for.....you have to cross your fingers, tap the power button to get screen back on. Do not like that. Before, the screen stayed lit until putting it to the ear, then would appear when away from ear (the sensor portion). Anyone else find this?

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Think I might be the first one to be disappointed in this update. This never happened before. As soon as I dial a number, before even putting to my ear, my screen goes black. So, if you get one of those numbers where you: hit 1 for.......hit 2 for.....you have to cross your fingers, tap the power button to get screen back on. Do not like that. Before, the screen stayed lit until putting it to the ear, then would appear when away from ear (the sensor portion). Anyone else find this?

I will have to check this out. I remember being frustrated with the light sensor performance during calls (the screen would come back on when still next to my ear). If they turned up the sensitivity or something, it may have been to prevent those instances.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Just tested this and it's not happening with my phone.

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

Just tried my wife's work number where you have to hit 1, #, *....ect. No problems, screen stays on unless I'm putting it to my ear, comes back on when I move it away from my ear.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Fixed. Went into Second screen settings; Turned it off; went to home screen; then back in and turned second screen on and for some odd reason phone is working like it was. Very weird. Also, someone mentioned the second screen looked smaller, mine's a bit bigger then before.

edwu624

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Any of you guys still on unlimited data, I don't want to update and find something sneaky from Verizon. I use Foxfi for my hotspot.

Hi, I asked about Foxfi yesterday as well. No one responded either yea or nay, and I went ahead and took the plunge and updated the phone an hour ago. The result is...Foxfi works great! :) So no worries. Also, my original posting mentioned a bluetooth audio connectivity issue with my Parrot Zik 2.0 noise-cancelling headset. Well, after the update, it connects just fine! ;)Now looking forward to the big Marshmallow update...hopefully Foxfi will continue to work on that too!

raresuperman

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the update and the fingerprint scanner works like it should with the case. 4k video playback no longer stutters. This is the way the phone should have shipped.

Posted via the Android Central App

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I had that happen when I first got the phone over a month ago. I thought it was going to be a problem, then it never happened again.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My fingerprint sensor was flawless, since the update it's bad.. Maybe I'll try to re do the print after work and see what happens

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I had just received mine and was in the process of setting it up after activation when the update occurred.

So far I have not had any issues at all with the phone. I am TOTALLY loving it!

FastLane228

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I asked about Foxfi yesterday as well. No one responded either yea or nay, and I went ahead and took the plunge and updated the phone an hour ago. The result is...Foxfi works great! :) So no worries. Also, my original posting mentioned a bluetooth audio connectivity issue with my Parrot Zik 2.0 noise-cancelling headset. Well, after the update, it connects just fine! ;)Now looking forward to the big Marshmallow update...hopefully Foxfi will continue to work on that too!

Thank you very much, I'll go ahead and update now, many thanks

Data_theNew_Greed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34