Delayed / Laggy Wake up with knock on...

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Any gripe I have is minor, and this is still the best phone I've ever owned... But

I've noticed that there is quite a variance in the tike it takes to wake the screen with knock on. Sometimes in a bright Room, it's instant. Other times, from a pocket or dark room, it can take 3 or more seconds.... Of it works at all without having to repeat.

Any thoughts? Similar issues?

I'm assuming it's a combo of the proximity/light sensor and/or the second screen waking...

Posted via the Android Central App

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I posted a similar thing recently. Especially when the phone is in my pocket and then I take it out and knock to open, there is a big lag. I am not sure if it is just slow. I always just knock again, then again, etc. until it wakes up. I'll try just doing it once and waiting but I seem to remember that is not the issue. It seems like when the phone is really asleep, it just takes 5 to 10 seconds before the screen will respond to the knocks. If I press the power button. it wakes up instantly.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I "kinda" know what you're talking about. It seems to me it's not about where (pocket) or how bright or dim the conditions are ... but how long it's been at rest, or asleep.

The longer it's been at rest, unused and without any e-mail/text etc messages ... then sometimes (rarely) I will have to tap/knock the screen a third or fourth time.

.... it's a bit like me in the morning too ... the longer I've been asleep ... the harder it is for me to open my eyes and "come to life" ;- )

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I got the update yesterday.

It may be too early to tell, but it seems to be responsive to a Knock-Knock no matter how long it was asleep. I'll keep you posted.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you also notice, if you cover the sensor completely (that the second screen goes off) it won't tap on.

Ah ha! That may be the issue. I have noticed the past couple of days that if I just wait a few seconds after removing my phone from my pocket, it works. You know, wait for the phone to wake up and show the 2nd screen. If I knock before the 2nd screen lights up then it does not work. So the issue for me seems to be knocking before the few seconds it takes the phone to wake. 3 or 4 seconds is nothing but it seems long when you are waiting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463