LG V10 issues

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I came from a LG G Flex 2. Recently got the V10 and was absolutely thrilled. But now I'm seeing things that worry me. Data seems to hang up a lot. WiFi antenna seems to be weaker. My G Flex 2 could pick up and hold the weakest WiFi signal and still be functional. Are these known problems? Or did I get a dud? Currently using my Flex 2 as I have reset the V10. Figured that may cure what ails it. About to dive back into it shortly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I came from an LG G Flex 2. Recently got the V10 and was absolutely thrilled. But now I'm seeing things that worry me. Data seems to hang up a lot. WiFi antenna seems to be weaker. My G Flex 2 could pick up and hold the weakest WiFi signal and still be functional. Are these known problems? Or did I get a dud? Currently using my Flex 2 as I have reset the V10. Figured that may cure what ails it. About to dive back into it shortly.

Let us know what happens

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I came from a LG G Flex 2. Recently got the V10 and was absolutely thrilled. But now I'm seeing things that worry me. Data seems to hang up a lot. WiFi antenna seems to be weaker.

Are you saying it was fine at first, and now getting worse? If that's the case I'd say a rogue app might be causing issues. Otherwise, maybe you just got a dud. I did have wifi issues on mine, but turning off IPv6 on my router fixed that issue.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
It definitely seems to be fixed now. No data issues whatsoever. Battery life is still a bit suspect but maybe that will improve with some time.

kytre67

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
My fingerprint scanner wont work with my case on but only with my finger. My gfs finger does it like normal. Also my screen will stay black (including the second screen) while its in sleep mode and cant be turned back on unless i plug it into a charger. This might happen twice a day at most. Hopfully these problems will be fixed in the next update.

toast9897

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, new guy here. Got my V10 on Friday and have been having a problem with it occasionally, semi-regularly. The problem is that the screen will dim, but not like the auto-brightness setting. If my keyboard is open, it will close, the screen will dim significantly (the kind of dim like when you pull the notification slider down), and the main buttons on the bottom of the screen shows up. An example of when this is regular was today, while on an elliptical exercise machine, with the Kindle app open, every time I changed the page it would happen approximately 15 or so seconds later.

Any ideas?

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, new guy here. Got my V10 on Friday and have been having a problem with it occasionally, semi-regularly. The problem is that the screen will dim, but not like the auto-brightness setting. If my keyboard is open, it will close, the screen will dim significantly (the kind of dim like when you pull the notification slider down), and the main buttons on the bottom of the screen shows up. An example of when this is regular was today, while on an elliptical exercise machine, with the Kindle app open, every time I changed the page it would happen approximately 15 or so seconds later.

Any ideas?

Do you have the Paypal app installed? There's a known issue with it causing random dimming. If you have it installed, uninstall it and see if that helps.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the Paypal app installed? There's a known issue with it causing random dimming. If you have it installed, uninstall it and see if that helps.

Do you know of a reason the PayPal app would cause this? Unless it has something to do with security for the app, I don't see why it would even be related. I'm curious.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying it was fine at first, and now getting worse? If that's the case I'd say a rogue app might be causing issues. Otherwise, maybe you just got a dud. I did have wifi issues on mine, but turning off IPv6 on my router fixed that issue.

What exactly is IPv6? My V10 was great at first but wifi definitely lagging now

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
What exactly is IPv6? My V10 was great at first but wifi definitely lagging now

Me as well. My v10 was perfect aside from the wifi issue. All of a sudden it would drop wifi connection. It would become slow for not reason. I compared it to my other devices by visiting the same websites and opening the same things and the v10 would get stuck. I tired reboots and cleared caches. Nothing worked. I took it to Verizon and they saw it as well but said it was just a faulty device.

Truth be told I was going to exchange it anyway but the wifi issue would have forced me to return it anyway.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Me as well. My v10 was perfect aside from the wifi issue. All of a sudden it would drop wifi connection. It would become slow for not reason. I compared it to my other devices by visiting the same websites and opening the same things and the v10 would get stuck. I tired reboots and cleared caches. Nothing worked. I took it to Verizon and they saw it as well but said it was just a faulty device.

Truth be told I was going to exchange it anyway but the wifi issue would have forced me to return it anyway.

Did you exchange for a refurb V10 then?

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
the only issues I have had are around the light sensor and screen not waking up at certain times unless i press the button on the back.
a reboot usually solves it tho

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Did you exchange for a refurb V10 then?

No. I don't want refurbished phones. I ended up getting something else. I do look forward to the G5 though. I like LG products as the G3 was one of my favorite devices to date.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No. I don't want refurbished phones. I ended up getting something else. I do look forward to the G5 though. I like LG products as the G3 was one of my favorite devices to date.

Ah, your lucky they let you do that. I'm sure if I went to my Verizon store they would have me exchange for a refurb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC