Coming Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if that's poorly written or poorly translated but it definitely has conflicting statements. It says MM is available for the V10 then says it should be coming soon.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Personally, what I really want right now is the fingerprint with a case fix to hit the T-Mobile version. I can wait for Marshmallow

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
BTW by the announcement of the LG V10 they said it will arrive early this year (2016)

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG V10

Unfortunately 'early this year' is very ambiguous. That could be tomorrow or in the case of many companies, early in the year means 1st quarter so it could be March as well. And that's for the international version. Carrier versions could be looking at May or June.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Spigen Rugged Armor Ultimate case (from Amazon) that works perfectly with the fingerprint feature.

From the reviews on Amazon, some people are having problem with that case too, are you on the T-Mobile version?

I'm probably just gonna do the aluminum tape mod on my current case

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
From the reviews on Amazon, some people are having problem with that case too, are you on the T-Mobile version?

I'm probably just gonna do the aluminum tape mod on my current case
TMO all the way. It's not a thick case, so I don't know why they're having a problem. Maybe they need to reset the fingerprint setting with the case on. Mine works every time.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
TMO all the way. It's not a thick case, so I don't know why they're having a problem. Maybe they need to reset the fingerprint setting with the case on. Mine works every time.

The case I have is a very thin case as well, but my fingerprint scanner won't read at all. Tried resetting with the case on, but it won't scan with the case on. Perhaps there's some variation in sensitivity between phones, or perhaps it could even be physiological differences between people. I suppose you might just produce more electricity than I do lol

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The case I have is a very thin case as well, but my fingerprint scanner won't read at all. Tried resetting with the case on, but it won't scan with the case on. Perhaps there's some variation in sensitivity between phones, or perhaps it could even be physiological differences between people. I suppose you might just produce more electricity than I do lol
Yes, I'm a pretty electric dude. LOL

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I have the Spigen rugged armor as well and my FPS works about 10% of the time with the way my finger naturally lays on the back of the phone. It works 100% of the time with no case. If I alter the way my finger lays and make sure to just use my fingertip, the FPS works about 75% of the time. Again, no case and its pretty much perfect.

This is with resetting my prints with the case on.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When I set mine, it was bare. The case came afterwards. I set both index fingers from various positions, and I've never had a problem with either finger working.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhh this article states "The Android 6.0 upgrade is currently available for LG V10 smartphone." ahhh since when?who put published this nonsense... Such a confusing article. they ought to be a whipped, keel hauled and flogged for this #uckery

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen rugged armor as well and my FPS works about 10% of the time with the way my finger naturally lays on the back of the phone. It works 100% of the time with no case. If I alter the way my finger lays and make sure to just use my fingertip, the FPS works about 75% of the time. Again, no case and its pretty much perfect.

This is with resetting my prints with the case on.

I have a Spigen liquid crystal ultra thin case and mine works pretty well. I have found that having dry hands affects the reader. I have wet my finger tip and it makes a difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Update to Marshmallow? First, Korea... Then the rest of the world, except the US. Then it will be T-Mobile. Then AT&T. SPrint will get it next. And Verizon will just say, "Ho hum... Two or three years from now or most likely, never....

anon(331524)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't heed to anything IBTimes says in its articles. Its purely Clickbait!!!!

Also the fingerprint fix hasn't rolled out to Tmobile V10 yet, so some folks will see inconsistent FP behavior. Verizon and At&t users are already enjoying flawless FP sensing and unlocking after the fix, case or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol