Well looks like I'm going to return my V10. Just couldn't love it. Wanted to oh so badly. Back on my LG G Flex 2 for the time being. Forgot how nice the curve and small form factor was until I left it for past week or two. Funny thing is it actually runs some of the games smoother than the v10.... such as DT2. I may be sticking with this for awhile until something else catches my attention. Anyone else loving the V10? It had the potential to be awesome for me. But alas it wasn't. 😢

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2016 02:51 PM
    It's honestly not surprising that the Flex 2 would run some games better than the V10. The Flex 2 has the Snapdragon 810 with the Adreno 430 while the V10 is on the 808 with the Adreno 418. Benchmark wise the 430 performs better.

What you also have to keep in mind is the 430 in the Flex 2 only has to push 1080p vs 1440p for the V10.
    mattdamiz85 and J240 like this.
    01-21-2016 03:13 PM
    Back on my LG G Flex 2 for the time being. ... Funny thing is it actually runs some of the games smoother than the v10.... such as DT2.
    Don't let the release dates fool you. Of the two, the GF2 actually has the more powerful processor and GPU.
    mattdamiz85 likes this.
    01-21-2016 03:16 PM
    Don't let the release dates fool you. Of the two, the GF2 actually has the more powerful processor and GPU.
    That's true. And since the last update I have had literally no over heating whatsoever.

01-21-2016 03:35 PM
    That's true. And since the last update I have had literally no over heating whatsoever.

Except for the 1080p screen, the Flex 2 is basically just as good spec wise as any other phone that launched in 2015.

It's just unfortunate that the 810 had issues before they revised the chipset or it would have been in the G4 and V10 as well.
    mattdamiz85 likes this.
    01-21-2016 04:11 PM
    That would've been epic.

01-21-2016 04:17 PM
    It's just unfortunate that the 810 had issues before they revised the chipset or it would have been in the G4 and V10 as well.
    The G4... ok... that was really early on and they hadn't figured out how to handle that chip just yet. But I really can't figure why they didn't opt for the 810 in the V10.
    01-21-2016 05:03 PM
    The G4... ok... that was really early on and they hadn't figured out how to handle that chip just yet. But I really can't figure why they didn't opt for the 810 in the V10.
    I'm guessing 2 things...

1. LG wasn't convinced that V2.1 of the 810 fully solved all the throttling issues that V2.0 had in the Flex 2.

2. Cost. The 808 was certainly cheaper for LG to use and they may have been able to get a bigger discount by agreeing to purchase for 2 different phone production runs.

The V10 launched at the same price as the G4 even though it has a bigger screen, more RAM, more internal storage, dual front cameras, and more premium construction materials.

I think if they upgraded the SoC they would have had to raise the price of the V10.
    mattdamiz85 and KillerQ like this.
    01-21-2016 05:25 PM
    Except for the 1080p screen, the Flex 2 is basically just as good spec wise as any other phone that launched in 2015.
    With the exception of T-Mobile support.

That's why I got the V10.

Boy, I wish LG would sell factory unlocked, universal phones a la Apple and Blackberry (Priv). Plug in my T-Mo SIM and get all the mobile hotspot, wifi calling, etc. goodies.
    01-21-2016 08:41 PM
    I wish I could return mine but I'm 1 day past the 14 days sigh .I really had high hopes for the phone but my experience has been terrible,bug after bug after bug. First was the dead screen issue figured out the fb message was the problem, then my Bluetooth just started dropping in and out for no reason still haven't fixed this issue, then there is the issue where if I go back to the home screen it has to do some type of quick load and my biggest gripe of all is that every time I answer a incoming call it hangs them up. I gave up my note 5 for this phone and I'm very disappointed
    01-22-2016 07:47 PM
    I wish I could return mine but I'm 1 day past the 14 days sigh .I really had high hopes for the phone but my experience has been terrible,bug after bug after bug. First was the dead screen issue figured out the fb message was the problem, then my Bluetooth just started dropping in and out for no reason still haven't fixed this issue, then there is the issue where if I go back to the home screen it has to do some type of quick load and my biggest gripe of all is that every time I answer a incoming call it hangs them up. I gave up my note 5 for this phone and I'm very disappointed
    1 day past return period? Did all the problems start happening today? Most likely not so why didn't you return/exchange the phone if you were having all these problems?

You may not be able to return it but if you can reproduce the problems in the store, you should be able to get an exchange. What carrier?
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-22-2016 08:24 PM
    Well tbh I was like there is no way lg would not update these issues assuming it wasn't just my phone. But I was having a bad day and my phone was doing what it usually does and I decided man forget this I'm going back with samsung then realized it was too late
    01-22-2016 08:56 PM
    I really have been considering the V10, but I am fearful that I will have your experience.

You don't have to keep the V10. They are going for big money on ebay. You could most likely sell it and make enough to cover the cost of a used Note 5. Or come close. Or just pick another phone all together, like a 6P. You don't have to suffer.
    01-23-2016 02:44 PM
    I see a lot of complaints regarding V10 software, but I've had none. My only assumption is that since most of these issues have arisen an update has come to fix them. My only issues are battery life (which isnt terrible) and notifications occasionally not showing up on the second screen (this only occurs when they have action features and therefore won't fit ). I've also only had the phone for 2 weeks and this is my first full time Android phone, so I may come across some issues in the future.

01-24-2016 10:08 AM
    You don't have to suffer.
    The struggle is real.

Posted via stuff.
    01-24-2016 11:51 AM
    Ok so I ended up staying V10. It grew on me. Battery performance leveled out and the second screen becoming more useful in my daily routine. I'm on board for awhile. Realistically this phone has everything I want. Removable battery, SD card support, amazing camera, and rugged materials.

LeoRex likes this.
    01-25-2016 08:18 AM
    I loved the phone when I first got the phone. Now I'm having issues with it dropping the bluetooth connection all the time as well as locking up on me. I tried a full reset, called LG and they were worthless as far as customer service goes. Not sure what to do now. Guess I'm stuck with this POS until I can get a new phone.
    01-26-2016 05:11 PM
    I loved the phone when I first got the phone. Now I'm having issues with it dropping the bluetooth connection all the time as well as locking up on me. I tried a full reset, called LG and they were worthless as far as customer service goes. Not sure what to do now. Guess I'm stuck with this POS until I can get a new phone.
    Warranty maybe?

01-26-2016 07:38 PM
    I really have been considering the V10, but I am fearful that I will have your experience.

You don't have to keep the V10. They are going for big money on ebay. You could most likely sell it and make enough to cover the cost of a used Note 5. Or come close. Or just pick another phone all together, like a 6P. You don't have to suffer.
    I've had my V10 since release day, no bugs. No issues

michael hester1 likes this.
    01-27-2016 08:28 AM
    I've had my V10 since release day, no bugs. No issues

Same here. Except for a little Bluetooth issue when using Sync in my Ford Explorer dropping momentarily. Some are saying that this is an issue with the V10 but I am thinking it is more of an issue with 5.1.1 as others I know have the same issue with different phones and the same version.
    01-27-2016 10:39 AM
    01-27-2016 01:39 PM