Bluetooth issues?

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone won't stay connected to my car Bluetooth and even when it says connected on the phone, it won't play music via the car speakers.

This seems to be a day to day issues meaning some days it works and other times it won't.

Anyone else having this?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
No, not having any Bluetooth issues in my car. What car model / year and what head unit, factory, aftermarket?

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've since switch to AUX to utilize the HiFi DAC, but I used bluetooth for a bit when I first got the V10, and it worked perfectly. The quality of bluetooth tech in car stereos can vary though. My last phone was fine in most cars, but refused to stay connected to a Chevy Malibu I rented (my mom's iphone connected fine to that same car)

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have some issues with my 2015 Explorer and the Bluetooth cutting out but not any issues with not connecting or disconnecting. I think, and have read, that this may be an issue with 5.1.1. ( I will have to find my reference to this.) I came from the HTC ONE M8 running 5.0.1 and never had the cut out issues.

What I have done up until now to temporarily resolve the issue above is restart my phone. But the issue would come back in about 2-3 days.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2014 vw. The radio system is stock and worked perfectly every time with my iPhone (not trying to start a debate. Just saying I don't think it's the car).

It has worked with my v10 but it's sporadic and I get the "Bluetooth has stopped" message sometimes. Even though my car is on and my phone Bluetooth is on.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2014 vw. The radio system is stock and worked perfectly every time with my iPhone (not trying to start a debate. Just saying I don't think it's the car).

It has worked with my v10 but it's sporadic and I get the "Bluetooth has stopped" message sometimes. Even though my car is on and my phone Bluetooth is on.

Same thing here. I'm awaiting a fix for this particular bluetooth bug.

Now to the next issue: I can send music to the car; however, it's not automatic. Just playing the music on the phone doesn't make the car stereo do anything. I must switch the car stereo to that input specifically so it plays the music that's coming across bluetooth.

That's different from phone calls, which just automagically appear over bluetooth and interrupt music playing from any source.