Does anyone know why i cant get 4G LTE on At&t with my unlocked T-Mobile LG V10??

cullen07

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I have an Lg V10 from t-mobile that we switched to Cricket and had 4G LTE and pretty good service... Why is it that now we just switched to At&t for their new unlimited plan and for some reason cant get 4G LTE we can only get 4G HSPA and our service is worse.. can anybody help? cuz i thought cricket was the same at At&t ?

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Just to follow up, I'm also using a T-Mobile V10 on AT&T, and I get full LTE, best signal of any phone I've had actually. These are my APN settings:

NAME: AT&T
APN: pta
Proxy: (not set)
Port: (not set)
Username: (not set)
Password: (not set)
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Keep in mind that with the V10, you first have to unlock the APN settings by accessing a hidden menu through your dialer. You've probably already done this to set up your Cricket SIM, but just in case anyone else needs the steps, you open the dialer, dial 277634#*#, find "APNUnlock", click that, then click "Unlock APN", restart your phone, then you can set a new APN in the regular mobile network settings.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Isn't the TMO version missing an AT&T band? I mean of course you will get LTE 90% of the time, but once you enter an area where that band is the main carrier for the LTE, you won't get it. Dunno... Just something I thought I read somewhere.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Isn't the TMO version missing an AT&T band? I mean of course you will get LTE 90% of the time, but once you enter an area where that band is the main carrier for the LTE, you won't get it. Dunno... Just something I thought I read somewhere.

From what I've read it has full support. My use seems to support that. I believe there were some questions about band 17 possibly being missing on some specs sheet, but people using the T-Mobile variant on AT&T have been able to get band 17, including myself. According to the LTE Discovery app, I've personally seen my phone on 2, 4 and 17. I haven't seen it on band 5, which I believe AT&T uses in some areas for LTE, but I think that's because they don't use it where I live

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Check the Blackberry Priv forum over on crackberry.com about this.

AT&T doesn't know your phone is LTE capable. Maybe they can fix that with a phone call, maybe not. Their database doesn't know what your IMEI is capable of.

cullen07

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
yes, we did it at the store and they said that we could only do 4g hspn+ or something like that. i would like to be able to get the full 4g LTE

cullen07

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
From what I've read it has full support. My use seems to support that. I believe there were some questions about band 17 possibly being missing on some specs sheet, but people using the T-Mobile variant on AT&T have been able to get band 17, including myself. According to the LTE Discovery app, I've personally seen my phone on 2, 4 and 17. I haven't seen it on band 5, which I believe AT&T uses in some areas for LTE, but I think that's because they don't use it where I live

for some reason this is not working for me? do you have a different model then i do or something... i would really like to fix it on here rather then actually have to get one of their phones uhg

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
yes, we did it at the store and they said that we could only do 4g hspn+ or something like that. i would like to be able to get the full 4g LTE

Ok, so it seems like they didn't provision your SIM to receive LTE because they mistakenly thought the phone wasn't capable of LTE on the AT&T network. They're definitely wrong, I have the T-Mobile V10 and it receives LTE fine with AT&T. You'll either have to call AT&T or visit the AT&T store again. They probably have some bad information, but they're incorrect, so don't take no for an answer if they say you can't get LTE, they probably want you to buy an AT&T phone but it's not necessary

alusk4

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I tried these APN settings, but they did not work. It does say "4G" at the top of the screen, but I do not believe it is true LTE (Speed test is giving me around 4 mbps down and 1 up). Do I need to power cycle my phone after entering these settings?

alusk4

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
ALL,

I figured it out. My issue was my sim card. It does not support LTE (it was for my iphone). I put the sim from my work phone (also an iphone), but when I powered my phone on it worked! LTE speeds up the wazoo!. I will follow up when I order my new sim card to let you know if it solves the issue.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I was on phone with AT&T support for a couple hours to no avail. I then read somewhere that you have to put sim card in a working ATT phone, verify that lte works, then put it back on your t mobile v10. I put it in my Nexus 6 then back in my v10 and Lo and behold lte worked like a champ. Another side benefit I noticed with this t mobile v10 on ATT is i can actually enable the mobile hotspot on the unlimited data plan. I verified it worked, but I don't use it for fear they will cancel my unlimited data. My wife's iPhone will not allow mobile hotspot to be enabled.

alusk4

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. I was on phone with AT&T support for a couple hours to no avail. I then read somewhere that you have to put sim card in a working ATT phone, verify that lte works, then put it back on your t mobile v10. I put it in my Nexus 6 then back in my v10 and Lo and behold lte worked like a champ. Another side benefit I noticed with this t mobile v10 on ATT is i can actually enable the mobile hotspot on the unlimited data plan. I verified it worked, but I don't use it for fear they will cancel my unlimited data. My wife's iPhone will not allow mobile hotspot to be enabled.
I put my sim card back in, but still no LTE. I ended up putting the sim card from my LG into my work (iPhone), and it would not get LTE, only 4G. I have a new sim card at home that I am going to try, if that doesn't work, I am going to go to my IT department here at work and ask them why my work phone sim card will give me LTE but the personal sim card will not.

alusk4

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
So this is weird... I put my sim card in my work phone (again, AT&T iPhone) again and left it for about 10 minutes and it started showing LTE at the top of the screen. So I took it out and put it back into my LG, and now it has LTE! Phones are so weird... I guess the sim needed to be updated on a different phone or something... I can not explain it.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
So this is weird... I put my sim card in my work phone (again, AT&T iPhone) again and left it for about 10 minutes and it started showing LTE at the top of the screen. So I took it out and put it back into my LG, and now it has LTE! Phones are so weird... I guess the sim needed to be updated on a different phone or something... I can not explain it.

Go take a look at the Blackberry Priv threads here, from when it was first released. The first release was the unlocked version; AT&T was getting a version, but it wasn't out for awhile at first. And everyone was having this very problem, and the solution is exactly the same.

It turns out that AT&T's systems won't simply turn on LTE just because. They are set to recognize IMEIs from AT&T-branded phones, period. If it sees that IMEI, it will turn on LTE.

If it doesn't see that IMEI and your SIM isn't set up in their system as having been on an LTE device, no go. So the answer is to pair the SIM up with an AT&T-branded LTE phone first (take it to the AT&T store if you have to), let their system see the combination and record it, and you're good to go. Your SIM is now set up in their system as working fine with (known) LTE, so now when it sees your SIM the system will enable LTE on your account.

So just plug your SIM into your unlocked non-AT&T branded phone, and voila.

And if your phone has AT&T's LTE bands in it, you're good to go.

alusk4

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out. Att had to manually update my phone type into their system and I had to get a different SIM. My phone has been working since my last post. Works better than ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc