LG V10 vs Motorola Droid Turbo 2 (Verizon)

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using an LG G4 and have an upgrade available. I was thinking of moving to the V10 but then I was introduced to the Droid Turbo 2. I like that the Droid has wireless charging and a shatter proof screen but I don't drop my phones (I know, I know lol) so that's not a requirement. The issue with the Droid is some bad history of not updating their OS and it's smaller but not much smaller than my current G4.

I'm not put off by the size of the V10 and I think I'll really like a 5.7" screen. I like the build of the V10 and it'll probably have Marshmallow before the Droid. Battery is the same as the G4 and with a bigger screen will probably drain a bit faster too. But LG has some bad press with the G4 just suddenly dying which is what happened to my first device. So I'm leary about going back to LG.

Considering this, would you still own your V10 or could you consider a Droid Turbo 2 as a replacement? Thanks for your input.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a droid turbo in my possession that works pretty good, but what I do not like is that the camera has no optical image stabilization. I also have a HTC One M8, then I then switched to the LG g4 about a year ago.. It was and is a great feeling phone... But in my eyes the V10 reigns supreme. I just like you I'm not a person that has dropped and broke the screen so there is no need to go with the droid turbo 2. house for the weekend you can add in wireless charging to your back plate cover just look on Amazon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the G2 and G3. I also had the Droid MAXX and the Droid Turbo.

When I was leaving the Note 4, I went Nexus 6.

Then I was deciding between the V10 or Droid Turbo 2. I still love the V10. Sometimes pure Android is boring.

I like the LG customization. I never had the G4, but both the G2 and G3 were great. The G3 is still doing great and I recently gave it to my son.

I just got a wireless charging back for the V10 and it is now basically perfect

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just switched from the Turbo 2 to the V10. The turbo is a good device. However what drove me over the edge was the phone has static issues. I have never seen anything like it. The phone picks up lint and other things like crazy. Camera is not nearly as good either as the V10. But otherwise the turbo is a very nice device.

For me in the end I switched though. Hope that helps a little.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I own both a Moto X Pure and a Verizon V10. If you're on Verizon and you have a hankering for "stock" Android, Moto X Pure is the way to go. A fully decked out one from Motorola will cost you $200 less and have no bloatware. Plus you get to use Moto Maker. For the cost of a comparatively equipped Droid Turbo 2, you can have a LGV10 at Verizon, which is far and beyond the better buy. There's still some bloatware and Verizon nonsense (no themes, installer mode on USB) but I'm willing to tolerate that more on a device that is made from "skinned" Android than I would a Moto/Nexus device.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I went into a Verizon store last week fully expecting to get a V10 after hearing some previous good comments. It was the store employee that was talking up the Droid Turbo 2. I took some time to check things out for myself, including posting here but also reading several reviews on both phones. I ended up buying the V10 yesterday and so far I am very happy with that decision. Thanks again for the information.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Congrats. Verizon pushes the Droid line hard. I was at a corporate store with my brother asking about the Turbo 2 and he said it was excellent and what not. When asked questions on specs he was clueless and wandered away lol.

glove4

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually bought the Turbo 2 a week ago and ended up returning it for the V10 three days later. The rep was also pushing the Droids harder than anything else I mentioned interest in, including the V10. The Turbo 2 is mostly stock Android which bores the hell out of me. I've used various LG phones in the past and have always favored their Optimus launcher customization even though "purists" here hate it. The Turbo 2's battery life was quite underwhelming for me as well. I am no power user and don't tend to drive my phone hard. Still, I found the battery life expectations unmet on the Turbo 2 given the claims. I returned it for the V10 and couldn't be happier. It did however really annoy me when the Verizon rep began questioning me on what kind of phone I am looking for AFTER TELLING HER I WAS GOING WITH THE V10. She went on about how a lot of people have gotten the V10 and were disappointed with battery life. It made me realize just how much certain phones are expected to be pushed over others. After explaining that both of these phones have QHD that will drain the battery making the claims on paper unrealistic even despite the smaller battery in the V10, and that I wasn't impressed by the battery of the Turbo 2 nor the hideous Verizon logo on the front, she kind of shied away from saying anything further. I mentioned the high end audiophile DAC in the V10 as another reason to get the V10 and she didn't even know what that was. All in all, the V10 is easily the winner. Another awkward experience with Verizon reps notwithstanding.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the dt2. After 2 defective phones I went with the v10..the one I wanted originally. No regrets.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
What was interesting, although now it seems more clear, is the first Verizon employee I talked to over a week ago, and the one I bought the phone from yesterday both had the V10 as their current devices and loved them. The one I talked to on Friday was the only one that was really pushing for the Turbo 2. I should have asked him to show me his phone. lol He kept saying that he loved the original Turbo and would go back to that in a heartbeat. He then tried convincing me based on the promotion that VZW had with up to $200 in accessories by trading in an old phone - only available if buying a Turbo 2. I'm glad I waited and went to a different salesperson who had the V10 and never tried to convince me otherwise. :)

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You know, this is funny.. I stopped by a VZW store to compare the V10 and the Note 5... As I was speaking to the associate who was helping me, a second one suggested the Turbo 2 to me... I told both of them that I thought the V10 was the best buy for the $$... There is nothing wrong with the Turbo 2, but I don't think it is better than the V10 or the Note 5..

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Same experience. I went in knowing as much as I could with both phones. Salesperson suggested, rather lightly the T2, after I asked to see the black V10.

He was carrying a V10.

Posted from my LG V10

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
She went on about how a lot of people have gotten the V10 and were disappointed with battery life.

Absolute hogwash.
Now you can take this with a grain of salt since my user experience is basically "Verizon lifer using Android phones".
But the V10 running Lollipop has absolutely great battery life compared to previous smartphones I've owned through Verizon (DROID 4, Galaxy S5).
And if it's not to your liking, you can always go on Amazon and buy a second battery/charger.

But really, I leave that phone unplugged and untouched for quite some time and am amazed when I go back to the phone and see how much battery life is left. IMO, Verizon should be pushing its LG phones more.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
After now using the v10 for a bit I must say it is one of the best phones I have used. I have been rocking the device naked for a bit and so far I love it. Definitely feels solid and well built.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463