02-09-2016 10:46 AM
57 123
tools
    I've had my V10 for about 3 weeks now and I really do love it. I've personally had no problems whatsoever (maybe one or two random glitches that were immediately fixed with a quick restart), and its definitely my favorite phone I've used.

I've seen many people call this phone the best phone ever and I wanna know- how many people agree?

Additionally, if anyone has any pre purchase questions on the phone, ask away here, I'm happy to answer!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Paul Hue likes this.
    01-30-2016 08:00 PM
    Its a pretty boss phone , I love the little strip of screen on top , and the back cover design , It looks pretty nice , Plus 4gb of ram !! Definitely would get it , but its too expensive were i live , One question though , How is the fingerprint sensor ??
    01-30-2016 08:20 PM
    The fingerprint scanner is pretty solid. Of course this just my opinion but after owning the Note 5 and iPhone 6 the scanners all are buggy at times. For the most part though, solid.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-30-2016 08:53 PM
    Well I have I only had this phone for a full day now. I have had a ton of phones believe me. 4 this week. But so far the V10 is proving to be a excellent choice. So far no problems. Phone runs super smooth. Smoother then my 6s plus and Note 5. Of course time will tell as more stuff gets loaded on it but so far I'm digging it.
    01-31-2016 01:09 AM
    I have not had any problems at all with mine.
    As I write this I have had it off charger for 15 hours and still have 60% battery left.
    The phone is plenty quick. Lots of memory.
    I use the second screen for my most used contacts and apps all the time.
    I had the Verizon store install the Zagg tempered glass screen protector. I am using an Obliq Flex Pro case.
    I turned off the auto sync on my email accounts. I check my email frequently during the day, then it does the update. That saves the battery.
    I like the large screen size. The keys on the touch screen are bigger for my fat fingers.
    The camera is a beast. I need to study photography basics so I can fully utilize the manual camera mode.
    The only drawback, compared to my Nokia Lumia 928 with Win 8.1 is the Google voice control doesn't do all the functions the Cortana did. It doesn't understand a command like, "Okay Google, drive to Dad Mitchell's".
    I love this phone.

01-31-2016 02:28 AM
    If it had a stylus holder like the Samsung Note line I'd buy. That's the only thing holding me back.
    wlonsdale likes this.
    01-31-2016 02:58 AM
    Im glad I bought it, but coming from a galaxy note 4. I wish samsung had kept the sd card slot and swappable battery. Now that Sammy is bringing back the sd card and bigger battery, I may go back.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-31-2016 10:17 AM
    When a Samsung Note is fresh out the box, it is the best phone. However I have enough to know there is the inevitable lag fest.

Had the V10 for over a month now and it is still great. Just got the wireless charging back and it is just about perfect. Although sometimes I miss the spen and the Samsung Calendar

carlos12001 likes this.
    01-31-2016 11:13 AM
    When a Samsung Note is fresh out the box, it is the best phone. However I have enough to know there is the inevitable lag fest.

Had the V10 for over a month now and it is still great. Just got the wireless charging back and it is just about perfect. Although sometimes I miss the spen and the Samsung Calendar

This +1000

01-31-2016 02:37 PM
    It doesn't understand a command like, "Okay Google, drive to Dad Mitchell's".
    I love this phone.

Make sure you're not doing something wrong.... I give extremely specific directions and commands (even more specific than what you cited) to my Google Now all the time and it works nearly flawlessly.

Posted via stuff.
    01-31-2016 03:55 PM

I'm going to be coming from the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and I've used nothing but wireless charging since I've got it including a cradle in my car. How are you liking the wireless charging back and which one did you get?
    01-31-2016 07:39 PM
    I like the phone, still doesn't match the versatility of my Note Edge. I kept it for over a year. But it is real good...
    wlonsdale likes this.
    01-31-2016 09:42 PM
    Had mine since 12/31/15.

The finger print scanner just up and quits on me. I can get it back if I re-set the phone every other week, but then I have to re-do a whole bunch of my settings so thats kind of a pain. So I just use the knock codes to unlock it.

It is BIG. I have gotten used to its size, sort of. I still find it a little disturbing having the phone stick out of my pockets when I sit down.

The camera lens scratches easily, so be careful reaching for the buttons and FPS... especially if your hands are dirty or dusty.

I find the speaker to be plenty loud for my needs (that was a surprise, with all the complaints I have read).

Overall I am very happy with mine, the positives FAR outweigh and out-number the negatives.
    01-31-2016 10:00 PM
    I just got my v10 three days ago. So far my fingerprint sensor works flawlessly. Works the same as on my iPhone 6s plus and Note 5. I even have a case on it.

Those with finger print issues. Did it start right off the bat or did it slowly happen over time. Just curious if I should keep a eye on it.

When I turned the phone on for the first time there was a update for it. I'm on Verizon. I'm not sure if the update was for the finger print sensor or not though.
    02-01-2016 03:49 AM
    Went to the VZW store to look at both the V10 and the Note 5...both are nice devices, but the fact that the Note 5 doesn't have the SD card slot and removable battery pushes me to the V10... Liked the feel of the V10... The upgrade is coming this week for me!
    02-01-2016 07:04 AM
    Had mine since 12/31/15.

The finger print scanner just up and quits on me. I can get it back if I re-set the phone every other week, but then I have to re-do a whole bunch of my settings so thats kind of a pain. So I just use the knock codes to unlock it.

It is BIG. I have gotten used to its size, sort of. I still find it a little disturbing having the phone stick out of my pockets when I sit down.

The camera lens scratches easily, so be careful reaching for the buttons and FPS... especially if your hands are dirty or dusty.

I find the speaker to be plenty loud for my needs (that was a surprise, with all the complaints I have read).

Overall I am very happy with mine, the positives FAR outweigh and out-number the negatives.
    Is your type of work hard on your fingers? Mine is, and even my iPhone fps would stop working with all the little scratches and dry skin on my fingers.

02-01-2016 12:17 PM
    I just got my v10 three days ago. So far my fingerprint sensor works flawlessly. Works the same as on my iPhone 6s plus and Note 5. I even have a case on it.

Those with finger print issues. Did it start right off the bat or did it slowly happen over time. Just curious if I should keep a eye on it.

When I turned the phone on for the first time there was a update for it. I'm on Verizon. I'm not sure if the update was for the finger print sensor or not though.
    Yeah mine has been spotty since day-1. Works fine for a week right after getting it, then it dies and I turn it off. I did a Verizon update around 1/8/16 and it worked fine for about ~2 weeks. The last time it died, was on a 2 night camping trip... cold and rainy the whole weekend. We did a cave exploration trip, where were squirming and slithering through tight cracks and gaps in the rocks about 700 feet down.

Is your type of work hard on your fingers? Mine is, and even my iPhone fps would stop working with all the little scratches and dry skin on my fingers.

I didn't think about it but absolutely... the last time the sensor died, last weekend was on a 2 night camp out. It was cold and raining the whole time. I led some boy scouts through an underground caving expedition (more like they led me!!). We were squirming, crawling and slithering through mud and water the whole day. That evening, my FPS died and I just turned it off like I always had been doing. When I got home in the evening, my hands and fingertips were thrashed... dried, callous and worn smooth. My fingertips looked more like small fish scales than anything human.

WHOA... Just now I turned on the FPS, deleted the old prints, re-scanned them once more... and it works once again.

I think you are onto something here. I don't recall my hands and fingers being dried and callous the first time the FPS went awol, although I was not really paying close attention at the times.

Whatever... I once again have FPS recognition!!
    02-01-2016 01:29 PM
    Oh FWIW... I have ALWAYS had dry, callous hands and fingertips. for whatever reason.... shrug, Laborer hands if you will.
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    02-01-2016 01:33 PM
    When I got home in the evening, my hands and fingertips were thrashed... dried, callous and worn smooth. My fingertips looked more like small fish scales than anything human.

WHOA... Just now I turned on the FPS, deleted the old prints, re-scanned them once more... and it works once again.

I think you are onto something here. I don't recall my hands and fingers being dried and callous the first time the FPS went awol, although I was not really paying close attention at the times.

If your prints are chaining due to this kind of activity it will continue to do this to you because the imprint the phone has can not longer recognize the print is has saved. So you may need to refresh your prints periodically to get around this. Also you can scan up to 4 fingers, so you might try scanning more than one finger if you have not done this already. (Assumed)
    02-01-2016 01:47 PM
    Yeah mine has been spotty since day-1. Works fine for a week right after getting it, then it dies and I turn it off. I did a Verizon update around 1/8/16 and it worked fine for about ~2 weeks. The last time it died, was on a 2 night camping trip... cold and rainy the whole weekend. We did a cave exploration trip, where were squirming and slithering through tight cracks and gaps in the rocks about 700 feet down.

I didn't think about it but absolutely... the last time the sensor died, last weekend was on a 2 night camp out. It was cold and raining the whole time. I led some boy scouts through an underground caving expedition (more like they led me!!). We were squirming, crawling and slithering through mud and water the whole day. That evening, my FPS died and I just turned it off like I always had been doing. When I got home in the evening, my hands and fingertips were thrashed... dried, callous and worn smooth. My fingertips looked more like small fish scales than anything human.

It's definitely a problem. I've had this problem with 2 iPhones and now this one. I don't believe LG would include a fps that doesn't work, it's not like they're Samsung lol.

02-01-2016 02:07 PM
    Oh FWIW... I have ALWAYS had dry, callous hands and fingertips. for whatever reason.... shrug, Laborer hands if you will.
    Same here. No matter what.

02-01-2016 02:09 PM
    If your prints are chaining due to this kind of activity it will continue to do this to you because the imprint the phone has can not longer recognize the print is has saved. So you may need to refresh your prints periodically to get around this. Also you can scan up to 4 fingers, so you might try scanning more than one finger if you have not done this already. (Assumed)
    good tip... I just scanned in my pinky fingers too. my least used fingers
    02-01-2016 02:40 PM
    I've had my V10 for about 3 weeks now and I really do love it. I've personally had no problems whatsoever (maybe one or two random glitches that were immediately fixed with a quick restart), and its definitely my favorite phone I've used.

I've seen many people call this phone the best phone ever and I wanna know- how many people agree?

Additionally, if anyone has any pre purchase questions on the phone, ask away here, I'm happy to answer!

I love this phone other than the non-functional fingerprint reader. Other than that, it's my favorite phone ever.
    02-01-2016 07:03 PM
    I'm looking at picking up the V10 within the next week or so. How is sound and voice quality during calls? Any complaints on either end?
    02-01-2016 11:44 PM
    I have had the V10 for about a month now with Verizon and for me, the sound and voice quality are very good. In my humble opinion, the speakerphone functionality can sound blurry and the person's voice on the other end of the call can become distorted. The speakers are loud too, but all of this is based on my own personal experience ....
    02-01-2016 11:51 PM
57 123