I full well realize that the reason corporations offer rebates is because they're gambling on how many people will actually either forget to apply for them, or fill out the information wrong and be denied thus saving the company money. LG rebates are ridiculously at a snails pace. I was so happy to see that my new v10 was going to come with an extra battery, external charger, and sd card. Plus a $100.00 gift card. Only problem is I needed the sd card and battery for trips so I had to go out and buy my own. So now, when my SD card and battery comes, I'll keep the external charger, and sell the card and battery on ebay. I probably won't get what it cost me to purchase the ones I bought. With The gift card, I dont mind waiting. But when a customer spends over $600. 00 for an item, the freebies should be given to them at the time of purchase. And take the hundred bucks of the price of the item right then and there. I bought my V 10 on December 3rd,filled out all the info immediately, and im just now being informed that all my items have been approved. God only knows how long they'll take to arrive. Hopefully I'll get them before I upgrade next holiday season.

Posted via Android Central App
    dfve likes this.
    01-31-2016 07:51 AM
    Yeah I'll admit they do take a while to get to you but they're definitely worth it. I lost the spare battery and charger. Those things are going for well over 30 on eBay though. The combo of that and the 200GB I've seen sold for well over 100. It's a good deal but crazy slow. Samsung was slower though. The wireless puck they sent took over 2 months

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-31-2016 08:44 AM
    We should be thankful they are even "giving" the accessories away!!
    01-31-2016 09:16 AM
    I full well realize that the reason corporations offer rebates is because they're gambling on how many people will actually either forget to apply for them, or fill out the information wrong and be denied thus saving the company money. LG rebates are ridiculously at a snails pace. I was so happy to see that my new v10 was going to come with an extra battery, external charger, and sd card. Plus a $100.00 gift card. Only problem is I needed the sd card and battery for trips so I had to go out and buy my own. So now, when my SD card and battery comes, I'll keep the external charger, and sell the card and battery on ebay. I probably won't get what it cost me to purchase the ones I bought. With The gift card, I dont mind waiting. But when a customer spends over $600. 00 for an item, the freebies should be given to them at the time of purchase. And take the hundred bucks of the price of the item right then and there. I bought my V 10 on December 3rd,filled out all the info immediately, and im just now being informed that all my items have been approved. God only knows how long they'll take to arrive. Hopefully I'll get them before I upgrade next holiday season.

That's not a problem with rebates. That's a problem with your expectations.

You needed something right away. So acquire what you need when you need it. That's the true cost of your system.

The rebate game has always been as you describe. Why you would pose that as a "problem", I don't know. It's like whining that "the problem with planting an apple tree is that it takes a long time to grow apples, but I want an apple pie NOW!"
    01-31-2016 10:10 AM
    But look at the auto industry. Used to be you had to wait too. But when I bought a car years ago and was ready to finalize the deal, I told my dealer to take the rebate off the price of the car or im not signing. Guess what, when I got up to leave, they agreed. When I got the check over 2 montgs later, I signed it over to them.

01-31-2016 11:11 AM
    Giving it away? No manufacturer gives anything away. All these rebates are worked into the price of the product.

01-31-2016 11:14 AM
    But look at the auto industry. Used to be you had to wait too. But when I bought a car years ago and was ready to finalize the deal, I told my dealer to take the rebate off the price of the car or im not signing. Guess what, when I got up to leave, they agreed. When I got the check over 2 montgs later, I signed it over to them.

The auto industry is WAY WAY different than the consumer electronics industry. WAY WAY different.

Like I said, the process you describe is...the process. It's not a problem, any more than growing an apple tree is a "problem".
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-31-2016 11:43 AM

Mine only took 3 weeks from submission to me actually getting it in the mail!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-31-2016 11:54 AM
    got mine november 18 after the first rebate and too early for the second .emailed lg they said sorry about your luck
    01-31-2016 02:00 PM
    same here, still waiting...i think helen whaite is in charge of the freebe's, so if you want your freebe's, you have to go to helen whaite lol
    02-06-2016 06:09 PM
    a dea l is a deal..
    02-25-2016 08:07 PM