Worried about screen randomly cracking/ selfie cam

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been seriously considering buying the V10 and have been saving money for it for several months now (I am planning on buying a sim lock free version as they are more readily available in my country). However, after seeing the thread from this forum titled "LG V10 Crack Glass after 14 days. Anyone else?", I am scared that something like that (screen randomly cracking) might happen to me and that I will lose all the money I've been saving up... How common is this issue? Should I be really worried about it?

Also what is everyone's opinion about the selfie cam? I've read as much as I could about it (and even went to Korean blogs to see more sample pictures) but I am still getting conflicting information on it. Some people think it's good/great and others say it's terrible.. From what I've seen it's not very good in low light, but does flash help with that?

Thank you!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My screen hasn't cracked and I dropped it twice.. No Crack and perfect condition still..

The wide angle is really cool for the selfie cam but the quality isn't as good as the LG G4.

Posted via the Android Central App

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have dropped mine several times without any issues. I really think the cracked screen issues described here is a hit or miss on the device.

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot for letting me know! What a relief! I am still considering perhaps taking out insurance for it, but it's good to know that it's not really a common problem.

I have heard people mention that the phone isn't as durable as LG claims it is, so I'll definitely be getting a case for it.. Is there a case that is particularly good for the V10 that isn't UAG?

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I am worried about that as well with the screen randomly cracking. I emailed lg about it and have received no response. I am not sure at all now about the phone. Any input would be great.

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
This is the case I'm currently using. Works well, but I haven't dropped it in any crazy way.. just off my computer desk at work and out of my car as I stood up.

--

Here is a drop-test.
(I can't post links yet, hence why this isn't quoted properly)

Thanks for this! I've seen that drop test and it does make me feel somewhat better, but the claims on that other thread are still terrifying.. (especially since I've been saving money for a few months now and still have to wait a bit more until I'll have enough) It's reassuring that people on this thread don't have this problem though!

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I am worried about that as well with the screen randomly cracking. I emailed lg about it and have received no response. I am not sure at all now about the phone. Any input would be great.

From my research I've only found this thread ("LG V10 Crack Glass after 14 days. Anyone else?") that documents this sort of thing happening to the V10, whereas there are actually quite a few threads documenting this happening to the S6/S6 edge and the iphone 6s. Also there are some old threads documenting this happening to the Samsung S3 and S5.. It seems like this is a thing that can just happen to almost any phone.. I'm not sure if the V10 is particularly prone to it or not.. I am still strongly considering getting insurance though...

It's such a terrifying problem.. I travel to different countries with different climates a lot (hence why I want a phone that would be able to take amazing pictures and video and thus help me stay in touch with my family) and am worried that it might crack because of the heat or cold or something.. but then again Korea's climate is supposed to be pretty harsh in the winter and warm in the summer, so you'd think the phone would be able to take it..