Can anyone recommend a high quality wired headset with inline mic?

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for a high quality headset , wired, with inline mic and the capability to do "hands free" calls.

I have the LG Tone HBS-730 BT headset, but all I get when I try to use it is "Unrecognized command".

Why doesn't LG/Verizon include a wired headset with the phone?

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Those do not appear to have a mike, with volume & call button.

I am looking for something that will allow me to use OK Google commands to open apps, make calls, etc.

David W. Mitchell
Posted from LG V10 via Android Central app...

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've been really happy with the Bose soundtrue headset. Although the only "OK Google" commands I have use it for have been the GPS driving directions.

mic and ear speaker audio quality are very good. When I am on conference calls for work people several times have asked me what phone and headset I am using because my audio and voice clarity is better than others.... including land lines and IP phones. Its a good sounding headphone too just for music listening and YT videos...etc. Overall it pairs very well with the LG V10. Oh one more thing... my headset is for iOS, so the volume buttons don't work but everything else works fine.

I have a Bose QC25-Android headset on order too. I will post back my impressions on those when they arrive. I would hope for similar performance as the soundtrue, but with active noise canceling.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Sennhieser mm70s I believe is the model. $75-$100. Also, say what you will but have a pair of skullcandy "the fix" and they sound incredible. Found them at tj maxx for like $15.

Posted via the Android Central App

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Check out Marshall Monitors. I've been really pleased with my pair. They're comfortable, sound really nice and are fairly portable. They also have in ear ones now, but I don't know much about their quality.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
didn't someone say the inline remote messed up the DAC?

There are two chips associated with the Hi-Fi audio on the V10. One is the ESS DAC which converts the digital files to analog. The other chip is an amp that powers your headphones. The Hi-Fi amp has a high power setting / mode that is controlled by the phone and kicks in with headphones that are 50 ohms or greater (these are harder to drive).

Th in-line remote seems to interfere with the amp kicking into high output mode. The DAC still works.

If you are into the technical aspects of the V10's audio prowess, check out this thread at the Head-Fi website. http://www.head-fi.org/t/785335/lg-v10-hi-fi-audio-quality-review-on-serious-audio-performance/555