Is the LG V10 the best phone for sound quality?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the HTC One m8 and it had served me well but my contract runs out and I'm on the hunt for a new phone. I know there are a slew of new phones coming out around the corner but just wanted to know which phone is the current audiophile master? Also what are the current rumours about the next best upcoming audiophile phone? Many thanks!

engineeringfukrey

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Is this the best phone for sound quality?

The smartphones in this list have great audio quality and have the OOmph factor to make you groove on Rock or Jazz whatever is your dope
1. HTC M8
2.IPHONE 5S
3. MICROSOFT LUMIA 525
4. VIVO XPLAY 3S
5. SONY XPERIA Z3

these are the next best upcoming audiophile phone which we know. if you find any other phone then do let me know about it and if you have any other question then reply me

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

There are some asian market phones that might compete from companies like Meizu, Letv, Vivo and Lenovo that have similarly high quality audio hardware and good reviews on Head-Fi, but in terms of widely available phones the V10 is currently in a class by itself.

I've owned a number of HTC phones, which have a reputation for good smartphone audio quality, and while they're a cut above your average smartphones, the V10 trounces them. The V10's biggest advantage is that it produce such a clean, flat signal with good power from the amp, so it's very resolving with a great soundstage and good separation and clarity.

There are rumors that the S7 might have a good DAC/Amp combo too (Samsung has used some decent Wolfson hardware in the past), and I'd imagine the G5 might continue what LG started with the V10.

glovenc

May 29, 2014
Visit site

This phone is known for having an "audiophile" class DAC. It has the capabilities of producing outstanding audio. You can read a lot more about it over at Head-Fi.org, just search the forums for LG V10.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Top class DAC and amp. Id consider myself an audiophile and i love the sound of the V10. Had the M9 before this and the V10 kills it.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Now I need some headphones to get the best out of my music. I've been saving flac files on my phone.

What are some good headphones that wont cost an arm and a leg

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

Now I need some headphones to get the best out of my music. I've been saving flac files on my phone.

What's your max budget? Do you want in-ear, on-ear, over-ear? Do you need sound isolation from outside noise?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Damn can't get the V10 here in Canada... I could import it but can't afford $600-800 outright. I'll wait for the next batch of smartphone releases on contract subscription wait and see if any of them offer audiophile quality hardware...so far in Canada looks like it will be Galaxy 7 and possibly Xperia 6 and hopefully G5. No news yet if of my current company HTC will have audiophile quality hardware in their next phone, I wish they would as I love sense software...unfortunately HTC look to be going backwards with regard to sound quality, I hate that they are getting rid of stereo speakers!

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Sennhieser mm70s. $75-$100.

Posted via the stainless steel LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

My favs... HD558, HD650 and K701. All 3 are high enough impedance to trigger the 50-600 ohm setting... were things get REALLY GOOD with the V10 amp circuit and Poweramp player. Honorable mention for the HD558, solid $ value IMHO.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

The V10 does wonders with sound quality, especially if you're using Poweramp (v2 or v3 alpha). The set of cans I usually use are Audio Technica ATH-M70X for a more neutral sound and V-Moda Crossfade M-100 when I want more oomph in the lows.

Posted via the Android Central App

dfve

May 30, 2011
Visit site

my last phone was a m8, it blows v10 away, but i love my new v10...

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

my last phone was a m8, it blows v10 away, but i love my new v10...

When using headphones, especially ones with an impedance of 50ohms or more this is definitely not the care. The speakers on the M8 will be better, but for headphones the V10 is definitely the better choice.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

How can we even compare the sound quality over speakers? Really? A high quality DAC over any phone speaker? Smh

Posted from my LG V10

Tom Pajak

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The built in amp is nice but you don't get to play with the hi fi setting unless you use the default LG MUSIC PLAYER

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
The built in amp is nice but you don't get to play with the hi fi setting unless you use the default LG MUSIC PLAYER

Some other apps can you use it by default, but if you download the DAC Fix app from the play store, it works on any app

N0BOX

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Works with Tidal without the "fix app".

Yeah, since my whole music collection is either in mp3s or iTunes AAC files, I subscribed to Tidal. It has a few annoying UI issues, but once you work your way around them it ends up being worth it. At least to me. I have found that it is natively compatible with the Hi-Fi DAC, and it can also be remotely controlled via my Samsung Gear S2 Classic smartwatch music app.

When I went to the Verizon store to get a new phone, I took the headphones I wanted to use with me. I might've looked like an ***** walking around with Sennheiser HD 650s, plugging them into phone after phone after phone, but I came to the realization that the V10 had the best sound quality. The G4 also sounded pretty good, but I couldn't find anything from Motorola or Samsung that compared.