wifi connection issues

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My wifi keeps losing connection with my V10. Other devices in the house are connected just fine with a very strong signal. I've tried turning V10 off and back on, I've pulled the battery and told it to forget the network and then reconnect again but my signal is never good like it used to be and it disconnects. Also very slow. At first I thought it was my modem but we've got several other devices in the house working great. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Connect to your router using a browser in one of the other devices. Go to the wireless section and check the encryption type. It should be AES, not TKIP or TKIP+AES.

(If you have to change it, you'll have to delete the connection on all the other devices and reconnect them.)

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I agree about never using TKIP since it's outdated that doesn't explain why the other devices work just fine.

You could try changing channels on the 5ghz band. The G4 had WiFi issues when it first came out and switching channels solved it for me. Haven't had an issue on the V10.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Connect to your router using a browser in one of the other devices. Go to the wireless section and check the encryption type. It should be AES, not TKIP or TKIP+AES.

(If you have to change it, you'll have to delete the connection on all the other devices and reconnect them.)

How exactly do i connect to the router via my iPad? What exactly do i do?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Same issues. All my other devices worked just fine. The V10 would run slow. Would freeze. And would disconnect on its own. I ended up returning mine. Best of luck. There's no way I would try resetting my modem and all my other devices that worked perfectly fine to get one device to work.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Same issues. All my other devices worked just fine. The V10 would run slow. Would freeze. And would disconnect on its own. I ended up returning mine. Best of luck. There's no way I would try resetting my modem and all my other devices that worked perfectly fine to get one device to work.

Sorry u had this experience. Mine is working fine. But my fingerprint scanner did go wacky for a little bit but doing a factory reset fixed it.. Did you try a factory reset? It's difficult to blame a phone when they are dependent and able to be broken by third party software in it. Any phone us susceptible to this. And all phones can do this. Sometimes you have to troubleshoot before giving up on the device. I hope your happier with your new device.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah tried all that. Believe me I have had more phones than I can count as in literally every new phone Verizon currently offers. I did a factory reset and the wifi problem was present even with factory settings and no additional apps installed. I am glad your phone is working good for you though. Mine just had issues.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
How exactly do i connect to the router via my iPad? What exactly do i do?

The address will be dependent on the router but just open a web browser, type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, and you should get a login page.

You can also Google the model of your router to find out exactly what web address to go to.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok thanks. Did yours work great for months at first and then start having issues?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The address will be dependent on the router but just open a web browser, type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, and you should get a login page.

You can also Google the model of your router to find out exactly what web address to go to.

Thanks!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
mine was a like that from the beginning. I figured the phone just needed to settle from all the new set up and everything. Then I figured I was getting a weak signal where I was. But after restores and such I realized it was just my device.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
mine was a like that from the beginning. I figured the phone just needed to settle from all the new set up and everything. Then I figured I was getting a weak signal where I was. But after restores and such I realized it was just my device.

Hmm ok, mine has been great for months. this problem is just the past 3 weeks or so. I have no new apps so it's strange

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000