A powered off LG V10 phone turned itself on when plugged into wall socket

A

AC Question

Before plugging the LG V10 phone to a wall socket, I switched it off. On plugging it for battery charging, the phone itself turned on. Why?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: A powered off LG V10 phone turned itself on when plugged to wall socket

Some phones do that. I will move this to the v10 forum to see if others have the same situation

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine does not power on when plugged in. It shows a battery screen with the % charged when the screen is not completely off.

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
it's possessed... take it to your nearest carrier exorcist... jk... mine shows the battery symbol when plugged in, but if i unplug the charger (to take with me) the phone turns on automatically...

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For me it has depended on the state of the device. I've accidentally let my devices die and charged them. Those have powered back on.

If I turn it off at the emergency power down point and then charge it, it will also turn on when sufficiently charged.

But if I turn it off at like 1 or 2% it will stay off until I turn it on.

Now I haven't been bad with my V10 yet. My goal is to never get myself into that can of worms.

Posted via the Android Central App

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
When I turn mine off to charge, I wait at least 10 or 15 seconds before plugging in. If I am too fast with it, sometimes, but not always, it starts back up. Mind of its own I guess.

Tom Pajak

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
When my power is off and I plug it in to charge it lights up for the moment and then goes to the battery % screen and then goes dark

Posted via the Android Central App