Getting pop-ups and routed to Google Play

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I've had my V10 since November, I'm enjoying it greatly especially the camera controls (coming from a Lumia 1020 user) and this is my first Android phone. I've noticed out if know where if I'm don't something on my phone I'll be randomly routed to Chrome to page saying "battery corrupted" or "virus detected on your V10" and things along those lines. Also ill be randomly taken to Google play to apps like Uber or Candy crush, even though I have the Uber app installed. Was wondering if this is normal to Android or if I should consider don't a factory reset.

This happens when I'm just messaging a friend so I know I'm not hitting a link on accident anywhere.

Posted via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The only way a factory reset would help is if you know which app has the spyware/malware in it, as you don't download it again.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I had that happen and it turned out to be a music app. You can download lookout and scan. It should tell you the app that is causing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
sometimes it's just the new way websites are doing ads... like popups on a regular computer... annoying... wish we had a popup blocker like iphone and safari browser (without root)..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm