Best uses for 2nd screen? [LG V10]

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set to only be on when the screen is on because of the delay when unlocking my phone.
Is the 2nd screen something you guys use regularly or is it just a silly feature?

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Best uses for 2nd screen?

I find it useful. Especially when you pull your phone out of your pocket and it lights up in black and white. I will you that to launch straight into the flashlight or for controlling the sound settings. And for when the full screen is on and the phone is awake... That's another's story.

Posted via the Android Central App

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Use it to launch widgets with the Beautiful Widgets app.

Posted from my LG V10

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I have mine set to only be on when the screen is on because of the delay when unlocking my phone.
Is the 2nd screen something you guys use regularly or is it just a silly feature?

I like the second screen and find it useful to have it on while the phone is in standby. However it'd be nice if you could unlock it without having to wait for the screen to come on after you've taken it out of your pocket. The delay is only a second or so but it's quite frustrating.

wcharon

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Use it to launch widgets with the Beautiful Widgets app.

Posted from my LG V10

Do you have to be rooted to use the Widgets in the second screen???? I will like to have my Calendar shortcut there.

Thanks in advance...

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

No. If you use a 3rd party launcher, you have to switch back to the home launcher to move them onto the 2nd screen, but they remain there when switching back. I use Nova Prime..

Posted from my LG V10

wcharon

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

No. If you use a 3rd party launcher, you have to switch back to the home launcher to move them onto the 2nd screen, but they remain there when switching back. I use Nova Prime..

Posted from my LG V10

Ok. Thanks.... Seem that i am not going be able to use it at the moment because i am still stock with no 3rd. party launcher.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

You can use it with the stock launcher as well.
b540a9ca3ecded2c061bd6fb3ca45d4c.jpg

wcharon

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok. I downloaded Beautiful Widgets the free version but didn't find what i was looking. The only Calendar Widget that i found is a 5x5 size.
Maybe to explain myself better, what i am looking is a Widget like the one we have in the V10 when you select the second screen options and recent applications. If you have used the calendar recently it will display that icon as a Widget and you can select it to go to the Calendar.

Hope that helps...

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

My bad! Sheesh!
It's "pop up widgets" which will set an icon, which will then pop up the widget.

Posted from my LG V10

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

this pop up widgets for 2nd screen is really cool! but i am trying to decide how much different this is than just launching a shortcut.. i guess it would save homescreen space..

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Very useful for me. Its like another tray at the top where I can keep more app icons. I keep my txt message icon up there and I can get quick notifications that way from any screen, up and out of the way without interrupting what I am doing. I also put the 32bit DAC everywhere app up there so I can toggle it on and off without side stepping too far out of the app that I am doing/using.

When the main screen is off I like having another way to quickly access to the flashlight and camera.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i bought the app for $1.50 but still struggling to figure out how much value it really provides other than it can unclutter your homescreen.
If you want less on your homescreen and dont mind extra steps to get to a widget now that was previously right there.. then i guess its really valuable...

It is really cool that it can float a widget anywhere on the screen you like.. but for me its just a cool factor, more than its practical.
I mean if i am working out or something.. and I want to get into my music widget quickly to select a specific song... instead of just directly accessing the widget on my homescreen, i have now to click on the shortcut which then pops up the floating widget

It just adds extra steps now .. so I guess the main benefit of this app is if you want to eliminate or unclutter homescreens.
If anyone has any other tips i would really welcome them! .. like i said.. i bought the app but struggling to find its value to me personally.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Pop up widgets was cool and "decluttering" for me. I also use knock on/off during meetings, gestures to open apps and beautiful widgets to open other apps/shortcuts. So I make fewer mistakes with more available space.
Secondly, I find myself wanting to scroll through a newsreader widget, while keeping another app open that I can return to easily.

Posted from my LG V10

wcharon

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Pop up widgets was cool and "decluttering" for me. I also use knock on/off during meetings, gestures to open apps and beautiful widgets to open other apps/shortcuts. So I make fewer mistakes with more available space.
Secondly, I find myself wanting to scroll through a newsreader widget, while keeping another app open that I can return to easily.

Posted from my LG V10

Can you explain how you configured the gesture to open applications???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781