Data transfer from iPhone 6 to V10

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Switching to V10 from iphone

No thanks, I actually use the app and don't feel that I should be handcuffed on what apps to use and not use to keep my battery from draining.

I love the phone other than the battery life. Hopefully it gets better.

Posted via the Android Central App

The browser client is equivalent to the app, and the app will noticeably reduce battery life on any android phone.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

Also, like other users have mentioned, battery life gets better after a few weeks (there's a term for this, although i forget what it is). Additionally, I came from an iPhone 5s and battery life is only barely worse for a phone that does so much more. Additionally, i have swappable battery options as well as quick charging for when i get home, so I haven't actually had an issue yet.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Also, like other users have mentioned, battery life gets better after a few weeks (there's a term for this, although i forget what it is). Additionally, I came from an iPhone 5s and battery life is only barely worse for a phone that does so much more. Additionally, i have swappable battery options as well as quick charging for when i get home, so I haven't actually had an issue yet.

Really? I find my v10 a good bit better than my 5s was. Oh well, to each his own.

Posted via the stainless steel LG V10

cox727

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

What is everybody's recommendations on brands for quick chargers for home and car? Also extra battery and battery charger? Thanks!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

I like the Anker stuff.

Over the years, I've also come to depend on the Blackberry-branded stuff.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

Really? I find my v10 a good bit better than my 5s was. Oh well, to each his own.

Posted via the stainless steel LG V10

I actually had a charging case for my 5S so I never had to worry about battery life, that's probably why lol. Also, i kinda abuse the V10 with (totally legal 🌚) PSP emulators through the day.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

I actually had a charging case for my 5S so I never had to worry about battery life, that's probably why lol. Also, i kinda abuse the V10 with (totally legal ������) PSP emulators through the day.

What's the deal with emulators, and why are they frowned upon?

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

ROMs are illegal to download if you don't own the game. However, i have a PSP and all the games worth playing, and Sony no longer profits off of the original versions of these games that you play on emulators. Most emulators are frowned upon since users abuse the ability to download videogames online for free.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

No thanks, I actually use the app and don't feel that I should be handcuffed on what apps to use and not use to keep my battery from draining.

I love the phone other than the battery life. Hopefully it gets better.

Facebook will drain the hell outta iPhone battery too. I just go to Facebook through the browser..

tomski808

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

When I first got this phone I loved everything about it except the battery life. It was so bad that I almost kept the 6p instead that I had also picked up. Only reason I didn't was I ended up cracking the screen on my v10 2nd day I had it.
Guess this ended up being a blessing in disguaise. As others have stated battery life significantly improves after a week or so of use. Its actually not too bad now,though still can't compare with the iPhone 6. I also switched to metal for my Facebook app.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Not sure where to post this so I will start here I guess.

One of the nice things about iMessage is that it works from any apple device, so my kids (and their little cousins) could send txt messages to the iphone I was on from the family computer or ipod touch... so long as they were connected to a wifi.

Is there an android text message app that can receive txts from iMessage wifi-only devices ?

thanks in advance

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

One of the nice things about iMessage is that it works from any apple device, so my kids (and their little cousins) could send txt messages to the iphone I was on from the family computer or ipod touch... so long as they were connected to a wifi.

Is there an android text message app that can receive txts from iMessage wifi-only devices ?

thanks in advance

Yes, Hangouts is IM service and the app can also be used to handle texts.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

thanks in advance

Hangouts.. Can load it on any phone any computer will even work as a add on to the chrome browser

cox727

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

Any recommendations on apps that will cause other apps to have a notification counter show up on the icon? My email and text apps do this but would like other apps to do the same thing.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Any recommendations on apps that will cause other apps to have a notification counter show up on the icon? My email and text apps do this but would like other apps to do the same thing.

Switch to Nova Launcher and Tesla for notifications. Nova Launcher is so damn good for many other reasons. Look at some of the AC articles recently about folders and swipe actions with Nova. Also, I'll reiterate the suggestion to at least try out Metal as a FB client. It's somewhere between the FB app and the mobile web site, but it's got some very nice features and saves a ton of battery life. Finally, once the V10 gets Marshmallow, aka Android 6.0, it's standby battery life will improve a lot, although still not as good as the iPhone's standby battery life.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Agree with Nova Launcher and TeslaUnread. You could also try Notifyer Unread Count.

cox727

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

Switch to Nova Launcher and Tesla for notifications. Nova Launcher is so damn good for many other reasons. Look at some of the AC articles recently about folders and swipe actions with Nova. Also, I'll reiterate the suggestion to at least try out Metal as a FB client. It's somewhere between the FB app and the mobile web site, but it's got some very nice features and saves a ton of battery life. Finally, once the V10 gets Marshmallow, aka Android 6.0, it's standby battery life will improve a lot, although still not as good as the iPhone's standby battery life.

Thanks for the good advice! My battery life has improved just as you all said it would. How hard Is nova to learn and setup? I'll look into that and metal. Thanks again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Nova has lots of options, but is quite easy to use. Give it a shot--your stock launcher's setup won't go away, and you can always go back to the stock launcher any time.

sterrac

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

I just switched to the iPhone 6s+ from a note 4 and wish I hadn't. This thread cracks me up. 10 days to return phone and thinking I will and get me the v10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt