Im thinking of buying a spare battery for my friend’s LG V10. Is it easy to swap battery?
    02-28-2016 08:10 PM
    Yep, just snap the back off and pop the battery in.
    02-28-2016 08:23 PM
    Over time wear and tear will kill the back
    02-28-2016 08:29 PM
    Spare battery is a necessity with the V10 as the battery life is relatively short. But with a spare battery and cradle, no phone compares.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ntchwaidumela and kramer5150 like this.
    02-28-2016 08:34 PM
    Oh it will huh? So you killed your back already with wear and tear?
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    02-28-2016 08:53 PM
    Spare battery is a necessity with the V10 as the battery life is relatively short. But with a spare battery and cradle, no phone compares.

Short battery life? Is 6 hours SOT short battery life?
    Ntchwaidumela and huntnyc like this.
    02-28-2016 08:53 PM
    Thank you for you guys for replying. I finally ordered a mpj 3000mah battery for his LG V10. Anyway the performance out of the new battery seems ok so far.
    Cheers!
    05-08-2016 09:46 PM
    Oh it will huh? So you killed your back already with wear and tear?
    Depends on how one treats the V10's back. Removing it and replacing it over and over will eventually have the plastic give and introduce cracks near the areas where the back clips onto the phone. Had this happen with every phone I had or had experience with that has a removable back (GS2, S3, S4, S5, G3, etc.).

On the bright side, removable backs for the V10 aren't expensive and won't wear out as fast due to the silicon-esque layer over the actual plastic of the door.

Posted via an LG V10
    dwmitchell61 likes this.
    05-08-2016 09:52 PM
    Good to know... thanks!!
    It makes me a little uneasy how I have to peel the case-back off. It just doesn't really feel as sturdy as the battery doors I have used in the past for things like TV remotes and garage door openers.
    05-08-2016 10:33 PM
    Not sure what you paid, but you should have checked out LG's website. Battery and charging cradle for 20 bucks total.
    05-09-2016 06:32 AM
    Depends on how one treats the V10's back. Removing it and replacing it over and over will eventually have the plastic give and introduce cracks near the areas where the back clips onto the phone. Had this happen with every phone I had or had experience with that has a removable back (GS2, S3, S4, S5, G3, etc.).

On the bright side, removable backs for the V10 aren't expensive and won't wear out as fast due to the silicon-esque layer over the actual plastic of the door.

Posted via an LG V10
    My gf still has an S3 and changes the battery every day. She has 3 spares all on their way out. No cracks or other problems. I've never had a problem with removable back. I'm trying to get her to change phones as you might guess.

With my V10 like I mentioned in a different thread, battery is very good on MM. I no longer need to swap batteries.
    huntnyc and michael hester1 like this.
    05-09-2016 11:02 AM
    My gf still has an S3 and changes the battery every day. She has 3 spares all on their way out. No cracks or other problems. I've never had a problem with removable back. I'm trying to get her to change phones as you might guess.

With my V10 like I mentioned in a different thread, battery is very good on MM. I no longer need to swap batteries.
    Ah interesting. Perhaps I wasn't being as friendly to the plastic doors as I thought I was. As for V10 battery life with MM, it's consistently satisfying to see more than 50-60% capacity still available after some medium usage browsing the web with music via Poweramp over the course of 8 hours. That's only with good reception all throughout. Were I to move to a location where cellular reception is weak or nonexistent, battery will drain a bit more consistently until doze kicks in.

Posted via an LG V10
    tardus likes this.
    05-09-2016 03:37 PM
    I change batteries at least once a day since I got the phone back in December. I have not had a problem with the back yet.

05-10-2016 07:15 AM
    I change batteries at least once a day since I got the phone back in December. I have not had a problem with the back yet.

Cool thats good to know. thanks!!
    05-10-2016 10:45 AM
    Im thinking of buying a spare battery for my friend’s LG V10. Is it easy to swap battery?
    One thing I'd like to tell you regarding battery swapping. You need to wait a few seconds after removing the old battery and before putting in the new one. If you go too fast, the phone will not recognize the battery change, and when you turn it back on, the battery percentage will still show low. I have seen this several times, as I swap batteries every day instead of plugging the cord into my phone all night.

Cheers.
    huntnyc and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    05-10-2016 01:28 PM
    One thing I'd like to tell you regarding battery swapping. You need to wait a few seconds after removing the old battery and before putting in the new one. If you go too fast, the phone will not recognize the battery change, and when you turn it back on, the battery percentage will still show low. I have seen this several times, as I swap batteries every day instead of plugging the cord into my phone all night.

Cheers.
    Good advice... thanks!! We need to unplug the USB cord too... correct?
    05-10-2016 01:58 PM
    Good advice... thanks!! We need to unplug the USB cord too... correct?
    What is the USB cable plugged into? The phone? If so, yes you should definitely unplug it first. And if so, I must ask why you're changing a battery while the USB is plugged into it?

OR, if you're talking about swapping batteries in the charger, I have never unplugged my USB from THAT while swapping batteries.
    05-10-2016 07:33 PM
    Ok thanks... Yeah. I was talking about unplugging the cable from the phone, when battery swapping. Not me, there was another AC member who was not unplugging, and he was having problems with the charge level re-setting for the new battery.

05-10-2016 07:56 PM
    For those interested, the special is still going on at LG's website. Charging case and battery when ordering both, they are just 10 bucks a piece.
    tardus likes this.
    05-11-2016 04:05 PM
    For those interested, the special is still going on at LG's website. Charging case and battery when ordering both, they are just 10 bucks a piece.
    I'm glad I got the battery and cradle. I may get an extra battery for travel - less weight than the bulkier battery pack I have.
    05-12-2016 07:20 AM
    I'm glad I got the battery and cradle. I may get an extra battery for travel - less weight than the bulkier battery pack I have.
    definitely go for it. As a backpacker and outdoor enthusiast the weight reduction and volume space saving is substantial.
    05-12-2016 11:13 AM
    I have theextra battery and a battery pack. Love em both. I agree that the extra battery reduces weight, but for me the differnce is negligible so I carry both. I use the battery pack forcother things so it is no issue for me.
    05-14-2016 04:46 PM
    If you're careful, this won't happen. But if it does happen, you'll probably be ready to upgrade your phone anyway...or you can get a new back from eBay or Amazon at a good price.
    05-25-2016 10:23 AM
    Found this on Amazon. However, does not have NFC antenna. Otherwise, good deal.

PowerBear LG V10 Extended Battery 6500mAh & Back Cover & Protective Case (Up to 2.2X Extra Battery Power) - Black [24 Month Warranty & Screen Protector Included]
    05-25-2016 10:40 AM
    Nice find!!

http://www.amazon.com/PowerBear-Exte...cUvbUpU5195126

The power options and the choices we have on the V10 are unreal. As for me I went with Qi charging, extra OEM batteries and OEM battery charge cradle.

Here is the plain-jane Qi charge case back and charging pads I am using. Qi charging is a different animal all together, theres some end-user learning curve to it as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charg...cUvbUpU5195126

http://www.amazon.com/Vinsic-Wireles...cUvbUpU5195126

http://www.amazon.com/Vinsic%C2%AE-W...cUvbUpU5195126
    05-25-2016 11:40 AM