Need some help with opinions. In the market for a be phone. Got it narrowed down to two phones. The Blackberry Priv or LG V10. Posting this in the Blackberry Priv forum as well. Main things I want quality build, good battery, wireless charging and fingerprint scanner. Your opinions please and thank you

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-06-2016 04:23 AM
    Arg auto correct. Blackberry Priv vs LG V10

03-06-2016 04:24 AM
    03-06-2016 06:49 AM
    My first smartphone was a BB, The Curve 6630. But I could never make use of the keyboard very well.
    03-06-2016 06:54 AM
    I loved, loved, loved my Blackberries over the years, for two main reasons: physical keyboard and its true integration with the enterprise.

But I tried the Blackberry Q10, with BB 10 OS, and discovered that BB 10 OS sucked.

Then came news of the Priv. Back in October or so, I so was waiting for the Priv. I thought, best of all worlds--Android, BB, and physical keyboard.

No Android phone will ever have the enterprise integration that BB has, not even the Priv. But: the LG calendar does a great job of helping me dial conference calls directly from the calendar, and I've come to discover that LG tools understand phone numbers wherever they are and let me dial them--which is NOT the case for Samsung tools, or Google tools. In other words, LG does some BB-type things that other Android phones can't do.

Score one for V10.

Also, I played with the Priv keyboard--and it was too small for me.

When I found a V10 locally for $350 used, I snapped it up. No regrets. BUT: Priv has the advantage of being factory unlocked--something LG doesn't do. Also, Priv is the only such phone that plays well with T-Mobile--just put the SIM card in and all the T-Mo features load, including mobile hotspot, wifi calling, etc. (Another unlocked phone, Nokia 950XL, doesn't do any of that.)
    oditius and Ryaan Johnson like this.
    03-06-2016 07:39 AM
    I was also a long time Blackberry user and loved my Z30. I was going to wait for Verizon to get the Priv, but decided not to once I learned that Blackberry wasn't including all of the programs that I used on the Z30 such as Travel and Blend. I bought the V10 and am happy with the decision.
    I have installed the BB keyboard and most of the BB apps on my V10.
    The V10 cameras are superior to the Priv. It is a great phone IMHO.
    I am not a fan of a curved screen either.
    03-06-2016 09:36 AM
    i returned my PRIV and got my first LG the V10. i am much happier with the LG.

briefly, i went from BlackBerry (for years) to android when i finally had to have a smarter phone. yes you could sideload apps back then but what's the point of using a dying system? the world marches on...anyway, when it came time to replace my first android (HTC ONE) I was beyond excited to read about the PRIV. and when tmo got it, i did as well. it was great having a keyboard again. but the rest of the phone felt like a first attempt. i had problems almost daily that required a lot of time on the forums and replacing stock apps with other apps to do very basic things.

anyway the day i sent the PRIV back to tmo i went into the store to finally resign to iphone. (the HTC ONE 10) wasn't/isn't? out yet. anyway this phone is pretty freaking amazing. i have had very few minor gripes but mostly those were adapting to a new phone and have since been resolved. i have had it three weeks now and will keep it.

in short, unless you need to own a blackberry for other reasons or must have a physical keyboard, i would recommend the LG.

also, i dont recall the PRIV having a fingerprint scanner. good luck.
    03-06-2016 09:51 AM
    I sure you know price different between two of them as well I happen to have Blackberry PRIV still in BOX just took out to test wireless charging and Quick Charge I have listed on Swappa this is Tmobile version with Wifi calling and Band 12 if you are intested see link

Swappa Listing: FZR717
    03-06-2016 11:45 AM
    Did you have to sideload the BB keyboard, or is it available now for general consumption?

Regardless, I love SwiftKey. Don't see any need to change.
    03-06-2016 01:41 PM
    Arg auto correct. Blackberry Priv vs LG V10

I fixed the title.
    03-06-2016 02:18 PM
    Did you have to sideload the BB keyboard, or is it available now for general consumption?

Regardless, I love SwiftKey. Don't see any need to change.
    They need to be sideloaded. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...b-etc-1047040/
    03-06-2016 02:24 PM
    Just came from a Priv over to V10 and about a week in. Really had no use for the PKB and glad that we can use the BB SKB on the V10. I will note that the BB native camera had potential. After several software updates, it seemed to have greatly improved and photos had very good clarity and contrast, especially when in HDR. Hoping the V10's native cam can exceed my expectations (and they're high).
    03-07-2016 04:44 PM
    how do i get the BB keyboard on my V10? that was one of the highlights of that phone, and i do not see it when i search "blackberry keyboard" in the play store.

thank you!
    03-08-2016 08:43 AM
    how do i get the BB keyboard on my V10? that was one of the highlights of that phone, and i do not see it when i search "blackberry keyboard" in the play store.

thank you!
    Check two posts up and click the link. It would need to be sideloaded.
    03-08-2016 09:01 AM
    LG v10 finger print sensor is not very accurate. I don't use it anymore. The second screen feels like a gimmick. I only use it to show my calender events, but every time I touch it by accident it opens the calender app. It's kind of uncomfortable and awkward to hold as well.

I have not held the priv but I did come from a blackberry passport and I sure miss my keyboard.

03-08-2016 09:05 PM
    The Priv keyboard will frustrate you, then, as it's significantly smaller than the Passport.

It's smaller enough from the legacy BB that I dismissed it when I tried it.
    mge1201 likes this.
    03-09-2016 05:04 AM
    I had the same dilemma as you did. I ended up going for the V10 due to the camera and plus for the money it is the better device in my opinion.
    03-09-2016 10:23 AM
    03-09-2016 06:31 PM
    similar to my experience going V10 on a whim. i literally walked into the store with the intention of finally getting an iphone. but lucky for me, the kid helping me had an LGV10. so when i asked if there was a non samsung to consider, he gave me the pitch. and this phone is kind of awesome.

question: have you tried nova launcher? i think you would dig it.
    03-10-2016 08:05 AM
    similar to my experience going V10 on a whim. i literally walked into the store with the intention of finally getting an iphone. but lucky for me, the kid helping me had an LGV10. so when i asked if there was a non samsung to consider, he gave me the pitch. and this phone is kind of awesome.

question: have you tried nova launcher? i think you would dig it.
    I bought it when it was on sale, purely because it was on sale.
    I have not used it though.
    I don't really have any issues with the factory LG launcher either though.
    A couple little things.
    Theres probably a lot I do not know about Nova though.
    03-11-2016 07:38 PM
    Thanks for posting the link to the review of the Priv vs the V10. I thought I wanted a Priv, but the V10 has recently caught my attention. That review pretty much clinches in favor of the V10 for me.

DarkJoker33 likes this.
    03-12-2016 09:36 PM
    Thanks everyone. That video helped. I think I'm going LG. I'm Verizon unlimited so.worst case I can always switch back and forth but think I'm set on the LG. good video thanks for the link.

Gabert Molnar likes this.
    03-13-2016 06:05 PM
    Hi, I too like that video. LG is most comfortable device.
    04-05-2016 03:53 AM