Guys! Marshmallow is rolling out for V10!!!

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
The finger print check (faster now).. Battery check (improved, thanks to doze)... Second screen check (i can use other apps on dual window)... Overall experience check (slight improvement over lollipop).... :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The finger print check (faster now).. Battery check (improved, thanks to doze)... Second screen check (i can use other apps on dual window)... Overall experience check (slight improvement over lollipop).... :)

Do more apps support the finger print? USAA and Dashlane support fingerprint... On marshmallow

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Dude this the LG V10 page not LG G4

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG V10

In Jeremiah's defence,

I believe Jeremiah is expressing hopes that MM will perform the same for his V10, as it did for his wife's G4... Make it run smoother.

Man, I feel slow on the uptake, I be getting ole.... It 's' all good...

VZW will probably take a year or two to replace all the nice features and options with their bloatware. I believe they don't want customers happy with an upgrade that betters their current phone, their stance is for the customer to go upgrade to the latest and greatest they offer at great expense (to the customer) and great profit (for Verizon Wireless)...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
In Jeremiah's defence,

I believe Jeremiah is expressing hopes that MM will perform the same for his V10, as it did for his wife's G4... Make it run smoother.

Man, I feel slow on the uptake, I be getting ole.... It 's' all good...

VZW will probably take a year or two to replace all the nice features and options with their bloatware. I believe they don't want customers happy with an upgrade that betters their current phone, their stance is for the customer to go upgrade to the latest and greatest they offer at great expense (to the customer) and great profit (for Verizon Wireless)...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Same here with AT&T. Android N will be out before we see Android Marshmallow. Pretty sad.

Mahskeeter

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It's my first LG phone ever and only my second phone on AT&T. My old M8 is now being updated. I wish they at least communicated like HTC does. My V10 works well but I love getting the updates. I'm a little disappointed about updates.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It should perform similarly to the G4 since the hardware and most parts of the software are similar.

Here's a bit of a warning, though. You may notice increased battery drain after updating for the first couple of days. It will stabilize itself after that, but I recommend making a backup using LG Backup, doing a factory reset and then updating the device. Once that's done, restore your backup.

Did the same while updating my dad's LG G3 to Marshmallow. It's running pretty well so far.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally!.. I'm hesitant to update yet, will have to wait and see what people say after the update :)

Where did this notice come from? Since it's a global update, it didn't come from the carrier, right? And how did you get the update? I've checked for it through LG Bridge and can't get it. I'm on TMO and there's no notification from them (not unexpected). So how did you get the update?

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I have an international unlocked version, my update is pushed right from LG not carriers

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an international unlocked version, my update is pushed right from LG not carriers

I see. But when I check through the LG Bridge, still nothing. So I guess if you have a carrier model even LG Bridge won't update your OS until the carrier does. So we wait anyway. And wait...and wait...and wait...

anon(331524)

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Can you please verify that the fingerprint sensor now uses the build in Marshmallow API, and not LG's own implementation?

This should allow for a lot more apps that use the 6.0 API to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87