Google Maps... very inconsistent, anyone else?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
For some strange reason google maps has been very inaccurate and unreliable the last 2 days.
>Taking longer than usual to load up my places.
>Re-routing taking longer than usual.
>When I am on a freeway, it will instruct me to take the freeway exit ramp and re-enter the on ramp immediately at the first traffic light.

Is it just me? Its never been this way before.
What can I do to fix it? I just re-booted my phone and will try it again on my commute home from work.
Are there any alternatives I should download for those times when I need it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Google Maps, and Clearing Cache/Data, then Force Stop and then re-open?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback!!! I deleted Cache and did a force stop. I also installed Here Maps. With 2 kids that I am trucking all over the place for appointments and the likes I am very dependent on my phone for traffic and driving directions.

thanks!!!

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I love "Waze"... but i've noticed when i leave home (wifi) and start my morning commute, the gps will be off completely... don't know if it's waze or the v10... can be a little annoying if in a hurry...

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I had Here Maps/Drive on my Nokia 920 & 928.

I loaded it on my LG V10. Then downloaded the maps to reduce the cell network data usage.

Also downloaded all the different English voice options, icluding the "Surfer Dude" voice, LOL.

Posted via the Android Central App from LG V10