OIS option in manual mode?

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but is there a optical stabilization option when the camera is in manual mode? It's clear that it's offered in auto. Just curious if manual mode is also covered. Thanks!

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but is there a optical stabilization option when the camera is in manual mode? It's clear that it's offered in auto. Just curious if manual mode is also covered. Thanks!

As far as I can tell, the physical OIS is on by default in both auto and manual modes.
There's also a further 'steady OIS' that only becomes available to select If you don't have UHD selected.
If I have UHD selected OIS is greyed out - I would think that would mean OIS is disabled but something is keeping it steady as this is apparent in both stills and videos, in auto and video mode. I can only assume that OIS is always enabled but that the OIS setting refers only to digital video stabilisation, which is only available in HD and FHD. Confusing huh?

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the physical OIS is on by default in both auto and manual modes.
There's also a further 'steady OIS' that only becomes available to select If you don't have UHD selected.
If I have UHD selected OIS is greyed out - I would think that would mean OIS is disabled but something is keeping it steady as this is apparent in both stills and videos, in auto and video mode. I can only assume that OIS is always enabled but that the OIS setting refers only to digital video stabilisation, which is only available in HD and FHD. Confusing huh?

Super confusing :) But I appreciate your detailed observation, thanks for sharing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon