wear and tear swapping battery

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I swap my battery out everyday. This is the first phone I've done that with. I'm careful and make sure to line up the contacts etc. I've been worried about wear and tear on the back of the phone but now I'm worried about the phone and the battery! I swapped to a fully charged battery and was surprised to see my charge indicator still at 50% as it was when i swapped. I glanced at the charger thinking I had put the old battery back in by mistake but nope. So i restarted the phone...i also noticed it was getting hot. After a restart, same....fully charged battery still saying 50%. I turned phone off and removed battery and placed it back in again. Now after starting up, it's saying 98% full. So am I messing with the battery contacts popping a battery in and out daily?? my battery cant get through an entire day. I thought it was supposed to be ok to swap a battery out often?

Posted via the Android Central App

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
As long as you're not being the incredible hulk while snapping off the cover and popping in the new battery, you shouldn't have any issues... I wasn't lucky enough to score an additional battery promo, so i almost never pop off the back cover myself...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the post above. You should be fine. The battery indicator discrepancy is likely a software issue with the device not updating the battery stats. It may have corrected itself without a reboot.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking the same. Something is always going to wear, the wireless charging system, the USB port, or the battery.. Batteries and even the backs can easily be replaced. Just be gentle as u put in the new battery and the points should stay just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2