I'm loving my V10... but I went and looked at the S7 Edge yesterday and it's beautiful... I don't care about the removable batteries, but having an SD card again is a win win for me... I'm only going on 2 months with the V10... so I'm iffy on jumping ship so soon... Has anyone else had these thoughts? My wife calls me a phone wh0re... lol
    03-15-2016 10:25 AM
    The grass is always greener on the other side
    Meinie likes this.
    03-15-2016 10:45 AM
    Hahaha! Two months are still few to give up on V10! for me it's a good idea for you to keep using V10 (It's not bad at all) and wait for S8 announcement! it's only few months ahead!
    03-15-2016 10:45 AM
    What makes it $180 "better" than the V10? I just don't see it. I guess that's just for you to figure out.
    muse480 likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:03 AM
    Overall no.
    >Too much glass. I will kill it just like I destroyed my Xperia Z3 + TPU case after 36 days. Glass case-backs overall are a deal breaker for me... not just samsung.
    >I don't like the S6/S7 edges... thats right where I wrap my fingers around the device to lock it into my grasp. A device like this I will surely end up dropping a lot.
    >The V10 volume and power/FPS button location is a plus for me. Overall the V10 button-less operation is a plus. I can firmly grip anywhere around the perimeter of the phone. The V10 can be completely operated with the capacitive touch screen... except for the FPS of course.
    >A non-removable battery is forced obsolescence. I would rather be the one who decides when I replace my device.
    >64G versus 32G... more is better.
    >I like the V10 secondary screen better than the S7 always on display. On the V10 Its small, moderately bright and relatively inconspicuous. I also like how its a short cut to the flashlight, volume mute and camera when the main screen is off.

I do like the wireless Qi charging of the samsung devices. It seems like the company has embraced this aspect whole-heartedly, with various OEM chargers too. Where-as on the V10 its more of an after thought.

I like the V10 display, and how its more impervious to "burn in". But I like the efficiency of the S7 display better.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:09 AM
    The grass is always greener on the other side
    Sometimes the grass is fake on the other side lol...
    rdt595 and Smply_Rckless like this.
    03-15-2016 11:51 AM
    Hahaha! Two months are still few to give up on V10! for me it's a good idea for you to keep using V10 (It's not bad at all) and wait for S8 announcement! it's only few months ahead!
    Right? Maybe I'll hold off and see what happens with the Note6... then again we might have the V11 by then too lol... Thank god for TMO jump program...
    muse480 likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:52 AM
    Overall no.
    >Too much glass. I will kill it just like I destroyed my Xperia Z3 + TPU case after 36 days. Glass case-backs overall are a deal breaker for me... not just samsung.
    >I don't like the S6/S7 edges... thats right where I wrap my fingers around the device to lock it into my grasp. A device like this I will surely end up dropping a lot.
    >The V10 volume and power/FPS button location is a plus for me. Overall the V10 button-less operation is a plus. I can firmly grip anywhere around the perimeter of the phone. The V10 can be completely operated with the capacitive touch screen... except for the FPS of course.
    >A non-removable battery is forced obsolescence. I would rather be the one who decides when I replace my device.
    >64G versus 32G... more is better.
    >I like the V10 secondary screen better than the S7 always on display. On the V10 Its small, moderately bright and relatively inconspicuous. I also like how its a short cut to the flashlight, volume mute and camera when the main screen is off.

I do like the wireless Qi charging of the samsung devices. It seems like the company has embraced this aspect whole-heartedly, with various OEM chargers too. Where-as on the V10 its more of an after thought.

I like the V10 display, and how its more impervious to "burn in". But I like the efficiency of the S7 display better.
    Wow... great feedback... I forgot about the 32gb only...
    03-15-2016 12:09 PM
    i bailed on the V10 for the S7 Edge. I had my V10 since November. However I do switch phones pretty often.

At this point, I still have the V10, but I will put it up on eBay. I also left the Android Wear world and went all in with Sammy. Got the S7 Edge and the S2 Classic.

So far I am not regretting my choice. I did like the V10, but most of the things i liked about LG's take on Android was that it was pretty similar to sammy, however with the S7 Edge, Samsung really got it right.

V10 is a great phone, but I think the S7 is a little bit better
    03-15-2016 01:19 PM
    I'm loving my V10... but I went and looked at the S7 Edge yesterday and it's beautiful... I don't care about the removable batteries, but having an SD card again is a win win for me... I'm only going on 2 months with the V10... so I'm iffy on jumping ship so soon... Has anyone else had these thoughts? My wife calls me a phone wh0re... lol
    I did the JoD through T-Mobile to the S7 Edge and got my phone in the mail Friday. I have 14 days to return the V10 to my local T-Mobile store and it's going to be difficult to give up. I've had the V10 since last October and it's a pretty damn good phone despite a few flaws. Don't get me wrong, though, the S7 Edge is a pretty amazing phone. The display and speed are far and away better than the V10, especially for someone who games on their phone like I do. Plus I couldn't pass up on the free Gear VR promo and 1 yr of Netflix.

I do have a few gripes with the phone....some things I'm going to miss that the V10 has. The overall size of the phone is considerably smaller than the V10 and I prefer larger phones. I didn't think it would be that noticeable going from a 5.7" display to a 5.5" display but it is. I think its mostly due to the Edge having an "edge to edge" display and curved glass....plus the V10 has a 2nd screen at that top. I prefer the buttons being on the back like the V10 has them and I also love that I could double-tap to wake the phone. Having a removable battery is something I'm going to miss but so far the S7 Edge has great battery life compared to the crappy battery life of the V10. I couldn't go a full day with the V10 without having to swap out a new battery. I've been able to get through a full day with the S7 Edge using it exactly the same as I was the V10. I will also miss the 2nd screen on the V10....now the edge panel pretty much functions the same and is in many ways better than the 2nd screen on the V10 but when the main display is off it shows you all your notifications, whether it be text message, missed call, skype message, email, etc.. The Edge will only show you missed calls and text messages but it does have an LED indicator, something I missed. I just thought the V10's 2nd screen gave you more info when the main display was off. I'll also miss the build quality of the V10...the glass/metal design of the Edge is nice and all but the V10 was built like a tank. I could go caseless with that phone and not worry about it breaking if I accidentally dropped it. The S7 Edge definitely needs a case.

Overall, I'm happy with the decision to upgrade. I'll probably end up switching out to the Note 6 when it gets released later this year. Can't wait to try out the Gear VR stuff...I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    03-15-2016 01:36 PM
    Sorry, nothing will put me back to Samsung unless I can change the battery or put an extended battery. Now if they would put a 10,000mAh battery in it, then I might think of it. I liked my Note Edge better than the V10, but it was time for a new one. (Broke the Edge)
    03-15-2016 05:14 PM
    Much like Setzer said above, I swapped the battery in the V10 at least once a day. More often than not I was swapping batteries AND still having to charge it before the end of the day.

Whereas the S7 Edge is lasting about a full day for me. Granted I am definitely a power user, and the S7 Edge is still pretty new. But regardless, a removable battery is pointless if it can't make it a full day.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2016 07:21 PM
    I had the S6 edge and switched to the V10 because of the poor performance of the S6e battery. I had the 128g version so storage wasn't an issue.

The wireless charging was an issue for me. It was just inconsistent and I needed it to work. I would go to bed with 21% battery and wake up with 7% battery.

I also like the size of the V10 over the S6e. I thought the edge screen was a joke. The V10 second screen is much more usable.

No I won't be leaving the V10 anytime soon.
    03-15-2016 10:49 PM
    Vladfan, I hate when that happens with the wireless charging. Most often than not it turns out to be my bad with placement on the charger.

Op, I'm going to retitle the thread to make it more searchable and hopefully draw more views for those wondering the same thing.
    Knightstalker likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:48 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback guys... Think i'm better off just waiting a couple months and seeing what the Note6 brings... It's like seeing a pretty girl when you have a wife at home.. i looked... but i stayed faithful to my v10 lol
    vladfan likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:24 AM
    Absolutely not!
    Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    03-16-2016 12:42 PM
    Prob everyone who has a phone addiction lol. I'm starting to see people post about all the "problems" they are having with their V10, same people who wrote glowing reviews a few short months ago. There is nothing really the matter with their devices, they just need to justify to themselves a need to change and change often! I get it, but can't afford to do that lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-19-2016 08:30 AM
    Not going to happen. I was/still am a HTC before I got the V10. My wife and son have had Samsung devices in the past and everyone has has problems. So for now, I will stick with the V10.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.
    03-19-2016 06:25 PM
    That would mean moving to an amazingly great fake looking amoled screen and front buttons.. Not even a slight thought
    03-19-2016 10:17 PM
    Nope.. I just can't justify the hassle and everything I would have to give up. I love the screen over my Note 5 and love my music.. and won't give up the audio on it or the camera..

The perks would be nice (VR and Netflix) but I am not using them now and most likely not for some time.

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10
    03-19-2016 10:55 PM