We Yes, I'm retiring my V10 already

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
When I first got this phone, I wrote a glowing review on it. It's a really great phone, and it does everything right. But in the course of everyday use, there were two things I could never get used to. After coming from the galaxy note 4, I thought the shear size and bulk of this handset wouldn't be an issue. But it definitely was for me. It's not only a large phone, but bulky, very bulky. Thing 2, I just couldn't get used to the back volume buttons especially when I had a flip case to protect the phone. Every time I had to adjust the volume, I had to turn the phone over to look at the buttons. So, I'm retiring this phone to the dock station I have on my nightstand and it'll serve as my alarm clock till I sell it. What replaced it, you ask? I bought a galaxy S6 edge and just bought the galaxy S7 edge. When I'm doing things around the house, I use the S6 edge, but most of the time, I'm using the S7 edge. Once again, the V10 was great, but I just couldn't get used to it.

Posted via Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you couldn't get used to the V10. Hopefully you like one of the other phones you purchased. Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
My first phone was a vibrant. Then I went to an S4. I loved Samsung. I was going to get a note 5, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the V10. I got the phone for free, no activation fee, a $170 gift certificate and the free battery, charger and SD card deal. So I had to try it. I must say I absolutely love it. Still curious how that note would have been... I really liked the on board stylus but.....

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im happy that, so far, you all realize that I'm not condemning the V10, it was just the bulk and rear buttons I couldn't get used to. FYI, samsung hit it out of the park with the S7 edge. They brought back the expandable storage and added the 3600 mah battery which goes all day with heavy use. And that super amoled edge screen - awesome.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Im happy that, so far, you all realize that I'm not condemning the V10, it was just the bulk and rear buttons I couldn't get used to. FYI, samsung hit it out of the park with the S7 edge. They brought back the expandable storage and added the 3600 mah battery which goes all day with heavy use. And that super amoled edge screen - awesome.

The buttons on the back have always when where the divide us strongest. You either instantly get over it and love them, or you never like them. I've been using them since the LG G2 and still find them nice to use, but i completely understand anyone who can't use them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I got used to the back buttons. I love the tap on screen. I always use a launcher that had that feature and with the v10, I don't have to. I do wish this has a built in stylus though.....

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
When I first got the V10, I found the rear buttons awkward. The only reason I stayed with it was because I reminded myself that I always disliked side buttons as well, because there was never any good way to grab the phone without messing with something.

I realized a month later that I had become completely accustomed to the back buttons. And in fact, I honestly think a back power button at the very least is now a requirement on my list. I dunno.

But then, I don't have it in a flip case. That would have destroyed the concept for me. I just have a clear slip-on case (and yes, my fingerprint scanner works).

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I like the V10, but unlike my Note Edge, I don't love it. I agree about the rear buttons. I don't think I will ever get use to them. But right now the S7 isn't in my playbook. I don't think I can do all day on one battery without gimping my phone.

GadgetRick

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I love the buttons on the back and have ALWAYS hated them on the sides. Every time you grab other phones (with buttons on the sides), you're constantly hitting a volume button or the power button. Honestly, it's a dumb place to put them.

I don't change the volume often but I find it makes 100% send to have the power button on the back...especially since it also reads your fingerprint. It's naturally where you grab it.

As far as the size, it doesn't bother me at all but, then again, I'm a big guy so I prefer a bigger phone anyway.

I came from a Samsung Note 4. Samsung pulled the MicroSD card support from the Note 5 and that's important to me. Also, the prices on Samsung phones have gotten just stupid high. LG still has a powerful but reasonably-priced phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz