New owner of a V10

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Greetings everyone, became a new V10 owner Friday night. Had a Note 3 for almost two years (more than likely would've upgraded to a Note 5 awhile back except no SD card is a deal breaker for me), and had been holding out for possible Note 6. Note 3 had taken a couple spills recently, lost touch digitizer control and been relegated to S pen use only. Long story, just wanted to say Hey, so far I'm pretty happy. Only thing I truly lost was S pen and that was mainly for customers signing credit card transactions processed on the phone (I'm self employed). Size of the phone is fine to me, response seems really good. Only thing that may be lacking that I can see (pun intended) is the display quality. It's very good, but Samsung does know how to make a damn good looking display. Otherwise so far so good. Now to get a case and holster!

Cheers!

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
That is a preference in screens, I like Samsungs too, but you get use to the V10, as it is a bit more realistic. Life isn't always pretty. Only downer I find is the battery. I can burn it quickly. I bought the ZeroLemon Extended battery (9,000mAh) last a long long time but you lose NFC and wireless charging. To me, having a phone twice as thick I like, because I think they are too skinny now anyways., Good luck and have fun.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
It does seem to drain faster than my Note 3 did. Besides disabling as many apps as possible, anyone have any battery tips to share? I do like the relative thinness of this phone (I know it's not the thinnest) so not too keen on a larger battery that will add heft. Oditius, does that battery literally add twice the thickness over the original? NFC and wireless charging not so important to me, at least not at the moment. Thanks for the reply!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome...

Use the factory battery usage monitor to see which apps needlessly consume the most power. For me it was Amazon, facebook and (to a much lesser degree) Verizon cloud. Constantly siphoning power behind my back. Despite my efforts to throttle them down from the background. I run Amazon through Chrome browser and facebook with tinfoil, and I deactivated the Verizon cloud app.

Defeat / delete all carrier bloat unless you absolutely need it. 9/10 times there are better apps that do the same thing without the headache.

Use the auto-dimming function. I have found this to be my biggest battery saver by far. Even with the V10 screen set to ~65-70%, I can still perfectly see and use my screen in the bright sunlight.

I use op apps to throttle back app permissions.

I deactivate auto update over cellular data. I also turn off notifications for apps that don't need it.

N2bowling

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Btw, when you plug in the V10 to your computer, via, usb plug shouldn't the computer see it??? The computer did see my V19 when I attached it to the plug I just cant find it in "Windows Explorer" or "My Computer"...and I am a geek but I am new to this V10 and maybe there is something that I should know..

Bill Lyon

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I found Battery Guru by Qualcomm does a pretty good job of extending the battery. I've had my V10 for about six weeks and think the battery is a little better than my note 3 I had.

Posted via the Android Central App

trolly63

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
If you don't have to use it, disable the 2nd screen and see if you don't get a decent boost to battery life.

trolly63

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I personally never really used the 2nd screen other than displaying the basic information and I was pretty much out of battery by 7pm after average day of use for my phone - lots of emails, sending files, phone calls etc. for my job. I disabled the 2nd screen and noticed a decent improvement.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you don't have to use it, disable the 2nd screen and see if you don't get a decent boost to battery life.

I will have to try this. I always liked the 2nd screen. I kind of used it like a tray for apps at the top of my screen. But since I've been deleting and uninstalling the apps I wasn't using, I ended up using it more as a quick link to my top-5 contacts, which I don't always need quick access to,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Btw, when you plug in the V10 to your computer, via, usb plug shouldn't the computer see it??? The computer did see my V19 when I attached it to the plug I just cant find it in "Windows Explorer" or "My Computer"...and I am a geek but I am new to this V10 and maybe there is something that I should know..

Make sure you have the driver's installed. Take a loom here and input the model number: http://www.lg.com/us/lgeai/drivers

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc