Verizon gets marshmallow tomorrow... (Update: It is out now!)

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon gets marshmallow tomorrow...

Update went smoothly, however, now my fingerprint scanner doesn't work at all. I'm able to load fingerprints, it just doesn't open with the scanner. It still opens with the unlock pattern. Any ideas?

Found out, with my phone, to use the finger print scanner you just can't lay your finger on the button, you actually have to push it in, as if your turning your phone off. It's weird.

anon(331524)

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I am having same type problem. The fps never coming up only pin. I knew I should have waited. Did you ever get a solution to this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same problem here too. Would hate to reset the device. Working very smooth otherwise

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I am having same type problem. The fps never coming up only pin. I knew I should have waited. Did you ever get a solution to this problem.

I had this problem awhile back. Us LG back up, factory reset, and then LG restore

b_thomas

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Are those of you having trouble with the fingerprint scanner using a lock widget or just unlocking after the screen times out? After the update my fingerprint scan wouldn't work after using an old lock screen widget but it worked fine after a time out lock or after a double tap lock.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Haven't done the factory reset yet. It's strange. If I lock the phone, then wake it up, the pattern lock comes up. Once in a while I let the phone sit for 1/2 hour or so, then wake it up, and it prompts me to use the fps.

Did LG back up to sd card. When doing the factory reset, should I remove the sd card first, or can I just leave the card in and not worry about losing data on the card?

It gives you the option for the SD card. I left mine in, no problems. When you go to settings to do the backup/reset just don't check the Remove all SD card info.

anon(331524)

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Figured something out. If I double tap my screen to lock the phone. I have to use the pattern to unlock it. If I push the power button to lock the phone, I have to use the fps. Interesting. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work.

Good find. Works the same way for me too. Though I don't like it, I'd rather use FP every chance I get and I do like to lock using double tap.

It's always something or the other which happens every time an update rolls out.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Update went smoothly, however, now my fingerprint scanner doesn't work at all. I'm able to load fingerprints, it just doesn't open with the scanner. It still opens with the unlock pattern. Any ideas?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Figured something out. If I double tap my screen to lock the phone. I have to use the pattern to unlock it. If I push the power button to lock the phone, I have to use the fps. Interesting. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work.

Strange, i can unlock mine with either FPS or knock pattern... Makes no difference how i put it to sleep. Same as lolipop.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Battery drains in stand by mode super fast. I lost 16% in 6 hours - phone was sitting on the table all the time and not touched for once.
It used to be 6% in 8hrs so it's a significant hit. Should I wait a few days ?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Battery drains in stand by mode super fast. I lost 16% in 6 hours - phone was sitting on the table all the time and not touched for once.
It used to be 6% in 8hrs so it's a significant hit. Should I wait a few days ?

In my experience, after many updates from previous phones, that is normal. Clearing cache or even doing a factory reset will help with any future problems.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anybody experiencing huge battery drain due to the display after updating. I used to get decent battery life, but drains super fast after update. All indications are pointing to the screen brightness. I did factory reset after update and have auto brightness on.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anybody experiencing huge battery drain due to the display after updating. I used to get decent battery life, but drains super fast after update. All indications are pointing to the screen brightness. I did factory reset after update and have auto brightness on.

I did the first night. Then factory reset and all good now.

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

That's actually true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol