04-14-2016 01:05 PM
184 ... 5678
tools
    Update:
    The first overnight after my factory reset, the morning battery percentage was higher (91% at 11 hours in) than it had ever been on lollipop and much higher than before the reset.
    Last night left it at 100 and 7 hours later was at 45% ! Still hoping to skip e factory reset, but given its only getting worse (some suggested to give it time) it seems impossible

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    03-30-2016 11:22 AM
    I don't think I've ever done a factory reset. When you do that, do you have to setup your email accounts and other stuff again?
    You can do a complete backup to the SD card via LG Backup or another method and restore after your reset. My issue was that the backup file was corrupted, so I had to add the accounts back in. I had most of my other information backed up through Verizon Cloud. My suggestion is to do multiple backup before you rest it.
    After a rest, the phone will reboot as if it was fresh out of the box.
    03-30-2016 11:28 AM
    Last night left it at 100 and 7 hours later was at 45% ! Still hoping to skip e factory reset, but given its only getting worse (some suggested to give it time) it seems impossible

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    I was seeing a similar result. Prior to MM, I would be at low 80's in the morning. After the update, I was high 50's, low 60's. I only have one night after the rest, but it looks promising.
    03-30-2016 11:30 AM
    You can do a complete backup to the SD card via LG Backup or another method and restore after your reset. My issue was that the backup file was corrupted, so I had to add the accounts back in. I had most of my other information backed up through Verizon Cloud. My suggestion is to do multiple backup before you rest it.
    After a rest, the phone will reboot as if it was fresh out of the box.
    Previously I had the Samsung Note 3, Note 4, and S6 Edge+ and everytime I had to do a reset I had to completely setup the phone again. There has got to be an easier way. I have a way to backup and restore all my texts but setting up all my accounts in Nine (best email client out there) and other stuff can be a pain. I just switched to Verizon and the V10 about a month ago so if there is an easy way to do what we need I'm all for it.
    03-30-2016 11:31 AM
    So a lot of you don't plug your phone in overnight?
    03-30-2016 11:52 AM
    Why??

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 12:00 PM
    why? I charge mine to 100 before bedtime and typically it's at 92 when I rise. Works for me that way. I use wireless charging.
    03-30-2016 12:19 PM
    Why??

why? I charge mine to 100 before bedtime and typically it's at 92 when I rise. Works for me that way. I use wireless charging.

Lol.. Different strokes i guess... I usually go to bed with the phone dying lol... so it charges overnight...
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    03-30-2016 12:39 PM
    Plugging overnight significantly affects the life span of battery cells and given how crazy fast is the charging it's totally unnecessary to do it.
    In my case I also wanted to test it.

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    03-30-2016 12:42 PM
    Plugging overnight significantly affects the life span of battery cells and given how crazy fast is the charging it's totally unnecessary to do it.

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    I've been plugging my phones in overnight for years. Never had a problem with the battery since they all switched over to lithium ion. Nickel cadmium on the other hand you had to be careful with. But given that I have upgraded every 2 years pretty consistently, it's never been a problem. I'd rather have a full charge to start the day, use the phone how I want all day, then plug in at night.

Besides my Tasker "night' profile to silence the phone automatically requires the phone to be plugged in, but that's a whole other thing
    delrey1900 and huntnyc like this.
    03-30-2016 01:51 PM
    I've been plugging my phones in overnight for years. Never had a problem with the battery since they all switched over to lithium ion. Nickel cadmium on the other hand you had to be careful with. But given that I have upgraded every 2 years pretty consistently, it's never been a problem. I'd rather have a full charge to start the day, use the phone how I want all day, then plug in at night.

Besides my Tasker "night' profile to silence the phone automatically requires the phone to be plugged in, but that's a whole other thing
    I get it but in my case I had a different experience with lithium.
    The major problem here is extreme drain with or without that overnight charge. We are looking at 8-9%/h while idling. And when in use it's 2-3x that. I just don't get how they (Google) can mess up in software design that almost always you have to deal with the reset. If it was mine I would have done right away but for my wife I had to keep trying to work around it. She has only a few apps outside of the preinstalled ones (Instagram, AC, Kindle,Skype, etc), none of is showing in battery stats high percentage. Last night I even stopped all of them and made no difference.

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    03-30-2016 02:44 PM
    My S7 edge is awesome with mm. For all of you former moto users, I agree with you. The reason I left Motorola years ago was their inability to handle OS updates. Theys just sucked after updates. I believe that my v10 will be able to handle it though. Remember that when Verizon sends out an update, you have no choice but to accept it. If you wait to long it'll just download by itself.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2016 03:20 PM
    Just picked up a Note 5. No Marshmallow update yet, Why?
    03-30-2016 03:26 PM
    Just picked up a Note 5. No Marshmallow update yet, Why?
    Quick... go run back to the verizon store and tell them you want a V10... then voila... MM update...
    psf57 and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    03-30-2016 03:38 PM
    My battery usage under "Mash-mellow" is very low, now. Loving it.
    I munched the headset jack, somehow, so I am getting that fixed soon.
    Broke the screen on the last one. But I think it may have had an issue to start with, as it cracked in the lower left corner about an inch up.

O-B-1
    Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10
    03-30-2016 05:20 PM
    I told my brother to update to MM this past week but with the understanding that it may mess up his otherwise very good working device! Well, today, he started getting problems when calling people. Sounded very far, distant and just bad. He called Verizon and they promised a refurb which he doesn't want so he called LG and they acknowledged that his device isn't working because of a bug with the update. He factory resetted and the problem still remains. Thats some messed up update! I blame Verizon.
    03-30-2016 08:43 PM
    I told my brother to update to MM this past week but with the understanding that it may mess up his otherwise very good working device! Well, today, he started getting problems when calling people. Sounded very far, distant and just bad. He called Verizon and they promised a refurb which he doesn't want so he called LG and they acknowledged that his device isn't working because of a bug with the update. He factory resetted and the problem still remains. Thats some messed up update! I blame Verizon.
    No problems here, making calls, etc.. Why would LG release an update if there's a bug. oh boy. Thank goodness mine's working great.
    03-30-2016 08:49 PM
    Can anyone confirm if a certain foxy wireless app still works after update? No need for discussion just ya or nay

03-31-2016 12:40 AM
    No problems here, making calls, etc.. Why would LG release an update if there's a bug. oh boy. Thank goodness mine's working great.
    I believe that the update goes through every carrier before its released to the public. So Google sends it to the manufacturers and then they send it to the carriers. Consider yourself lucky because my brothers devices was working flawlessly prior to the update. He is sending it back to LG because they're going to fix it without sending him a refurb.
    03-31-2016 08:50 AM
    This is why I am not so upset tmobile hasn't released mm yet

03-31-2016 10:11 AM
    When LG released its build probably wasn't a bug.. Then carrier gets it and adds their software into the mix.. It doesn't always mix well.. Cannot blame LG for Verizon software

GrooveRite likes this.
    03-31-2016 10:32 AM
    When LG released its build probably wasn't a bug.. Then carrier gets it and adds their software into the mix.. It doesn't always mix well.. Cannot blame LG for Verizon software

Yup! This exactly. Thats why I said I blamed Verizon, lol.
    03-31-2016 11:07 AM

That's why I won't buy a Verizon phone ever again.

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    03-31-2016 11:37 AM
    That's why I won't buy a Verizon phone ever again.

VZW Moto X DE/N7
    Never had problems with Verizon phones. I learned, no matter which phone, company I now always do a factory reset. Hate it, but do it when there's a major update. No problems with 6.0 now at all.
    03-31-2016 02:32 PM

Guess it depends on phone, the batch yours came from. Most didn't have any problem with the MM update. If so the factory reset fixed it. I purchased mine beginning of November 2015 from a Verizon corporate store.
    03-31-2016 02:56 PM
184 ... 5678