Verizon gets marshmallow tomorrow... (Update: It is out now!)

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon gets marshmallow tomorrow...

That's actually true

Posted via the Android Central App

When I double tap to lock, I push in on the FPS to unlock. When I lock it with the button, same thing, push in on the FPS. Now, if you double tap to try and unlock then you can lay your finger on the FPS and it unlocks.

unseatedking

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I've had the update for a few days and here are my first thoughts on it. The update took some time to set in but after a few hours I have noticed much better battery life on the device, also the finger print reader isn't perfect but it is working much better.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
What do I do with this problem - trying to avoid factory reset.
When I opened my dialer for the very first time it was showing loading contacts for a long long time to the point where I couldn't wait and at the same I wasn't able to get to the actual dial pad so I had to close it. Tried another 5 times with the same result. Eventually it just worked - opened normally. But just know I realized that most of the contacts I entered in the last month or two are not there and this what I saw when I went into the settings. I kept trying to sync again - turning it on and off and still showing the same message on the bottom.
Note- I wiped cashed data right before the update and after.

Attachments

• 22212.jpg
    22212.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

anon(331524)

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Figured something out. If I double tap my screen to lock the phone. I have to use the pattern to unlock it. If I push the power button to lock the phone, I have to use the fps. Interesting. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work.

Ok so I figured out the behavior, for me at least.

I am using Nova Launcher, so I have to set a double tap gesture for screen lock (built into Nova Prime). Apparently this is where MM is different than LP. On double tapping to lock on MM, it always comes up with my pattern when I turn on the phone to unlock (either via power button or double tap).
However a double tap to lock from LG's launcher works just fine when I try to unlock via FPS.

So apparently it all about how I lock the phone, and I am not sure if a factory reset will solve this problem. Anyone of you having the same issue use Nova or maybe another launcher?

tdobynes

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead for the update, most likely between Google and Verizon all the bugs are worked out ( that's why they take so long), enjoy Marshmallow

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here with Nova; fps, double knock close, forced to use pattern to unlock. But if I lock the screen, wake with double knock... It works with the fps. Definitely the Nova shortcut. Don't know of a fix.... Maybe Nova does.

Posted from my LG V10

jlamb30

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
What do I do with this problem - trying to avoid factory reset.
When I opened my dialer for the very first time it was showing loading contacts for a long long time to the point where I couldn't wait and at the same I wasn't able to get to the actual dial pad so I had to close it. Tried another 5 times with the same result. Eventually it just worked - opened normally. But just know I realized that most of the contacts I entered in the last month or two are not there and this what I saw when I went into the settings. I kept trying to sync again - turning it on and off and still showing the same message on the bottom.
Note- I wiped cashed data right before the update and after.

Mine does this every time, and did the same thing in Lollipop, as well. Never could get the contacts to sync.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I've had the update for a few days and here are my first thoughts on it. The update took some time to set in but after a few hours I have noticed much better battery life on the device, also the finger print reader isn't perfect but it is working much better.

I've had the opposite experience. I updated 4 days ago. Previously, doing the stuff I normally do I'd easily make it through a full day on a charge. Now, consistently dead by 16:30.

Power cycled numerous times to no effect. Considering app. removal although the app. usage in settings doesn't reveal any smoking gun.

Disappointed.

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll add to my previous post that I've not yet done a backup and reset, trying that now and will report back if it improves battery life.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine does this every time, and did the same thing in Lollipop, as well. Never could get the contacts to sync.

I got rid of Google saving my contacts. Use Verizons cloud and SD card now. As I always had problems with contacts sync with Google. Or when it did sync them, there were only 1/4 of the contacts that would sync.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll add to my previous post that I've not yet done a backup and reset, trying that now and will report back if it improves battery life.

That is what I did, now my battery is back or better then what it was. The first day it was horrible. Now back to normal or better, depends what I'm doing that day.

hackhound

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have discovered that if I suspend the phone with the power button then the FPS works the next time I turn it on. If I use the suspend power widget I have installed, then I get the pattern unlock on the next power up.

doctord23

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am also seeing higher battery usage during the night. Not outrageous, but about 50% or more higher than prior to the MM upgrade.
When I check to see what the culprit is, the number 1 by far user is "phone idle".
I don't remember seeing that item in the top few with Lollipop.
After researching it a bit, I tried clearing the caches, etc.
Thinking about it, I decided to check the mobile network settings and found that the update had changed my network setting to "Global", which was also the default when I got the V10. In the past, I have found this setting to increase battery usage so I changed it back to LTE/CDMA.
I will let you know if things improve.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am also seeing higher battery usage during the night. Not outrageous, but about 50% or more higher than prior to the MM upgrade.
When I check to see what the culprit is, the number 1 by far user is "phone idle".
I don't remember seeing that item in the top few with Lollipop.
After researching it a bit, I tried clearing the caches, etc.
Thinking about it, I decided to check the mobile network settings and found that the update had changed my network setting to "Global", which was also the default when I got the V10. In the past, I have found this setting to increase battery usage so I changed it back to LTE/CDMA.
I will let you know if things improve.

I did the same and it still drains faster

VZW Moto X DE/N7

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Did you use the LG backup?
Did all of your settings and accounts return properly?

Yes, used LG backup/restore. I think it's fair to say MOST accounts and settings returned OK. Notable exceptions include gmail and yahoo mail, had to set up manually. Also, things like Bluetooth/wifi were not as I'd left them before the backup but really only on/off state. Wifi password came across OK. Other accounts including tapatalk, Dropbox, etc., seem to be OK.

Minor hassle getting set up again but worth it for getting battery life back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles