Verizon gets marshmallow tomorrow... (Update: It is out now!)

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been plugging my phones in overnight for years. Never had a problem with the battery since they all switched over to lithium ion. Nickel cadmium on the other hand you had to be careful with. But given that I have upgraded every 2 years pretty consistently, it's never been a problem. I'd rather have a full charge to start the day, use the phone how I want all day, then plug in at night.

Besides my Tasker "night' profile to silence the phone automatically requires the phone to be plugged in, but that's a whole other thing :)

I get it but in my case I had a different experience with lithium.
The major problem here is extreme drain with or without that overnight charge. We are looking at 8-9%/h while idling. And when in use it's 2-3x that. I just don't get how they (Google) can mess up in software design that almost always you have to deal with the reset. If it was mine I would have done right away but for my wife I had to keep trying to work around it. She has only a few apps outside of the preinstalled ones (Instagram, AC, Kindle,Skype, etc), none of is showing in battery stats high percentage. Last night I even stopped all of them and made no difference.

VZW Moto X DE/N7

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My S7 edge is awesome with mm. For all of you former moto users, I agree with you. The reason I left Motorola years ago was their inability to handle OS updates. Theys just sucked after updates. I believe that my v10 will be able to handle it though. Remember that when Verizon sends out an update, you have no choice but to accept it. If you wait to long it'll just download by itself.

Posted via Android Central App

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
My battery usage under "Mash-mellow" is very low, now. Loving it.
I munched the headset jack, somehow, so I am getting that fixed soon.
Broke the screen on the last one. But I think it may have had an issue to start with, as it cracked in the lower left corner about an inch up.

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I told my brother to update to MM this past week but with the understanding that it may mess up his otherwise very good working device! Well, today, he started getting problems when calling people. Sounded very far, distant and just bad. He called Verizon and they promised a refurb which he doesn't want so he called LG and they acknowledged that his device isn't working because of a bug with the update. He factory resetted and the problem still remains. Thats some messed up update! I blame Verizon.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I told my brother to update to MM this past week but with the understanding that it may mess up his otherwise very good working device! Well, today, he started getting problems when calling people. Sounded very far, distant and just bad. He called Verizon and they promised a refurb which he doesn't want so he called LG and they acknowledged that his device isn't working because of a bug with the update. He factory resetted and the problem still remains. Thats some messed up update! I blame Verizon.

No problems here, making calls, etc.. Why would LG release an update if there's a bug. oh boy. Thank goodness mine's working great.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if a certain foxy wireless app still works after update? No need for discussion just ya or nay ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No problems here, making calls, etc.. Why would LG release an update if there's a bug. oh boy. Thank goodness mine's working great.

I believe that the update goes through every carrier before its released to the public. So Google sends it to the manufacturers and then they send it to the carriers. Consider yourself lucky because my brothers devices was working flawlessly prior to the update. He is sending it back to LG because they're going to fix it without sending him a refurb.

Last edited:

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

This is why I am not so upset tmobile hasn't released mm yet

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

When LG released its build probably wasn't a bug.. Then carrier gets it and adds their software into the mix.. It doesn't always mix well.. Cannot blame LG for Verizon software

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When LG released its build probably wasn't a bug.. Then carrier gets it and adds their software into the mix.. It doesn't always mix well.. Cannot blame LG for Verizon software

Yup! This exactly. Thats why I said I blamed Verizon, lol.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That's why I won't buy a Verizon phone ever again.

VZW Moto X DE/N7

Never had problems with Verizon phones. I learned, no matter which phone, company I now always do a factory reset. Hate it, but do it when there's a major update. No problems with 6.0 now at all.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Guess it depends on phone, the batch yours came from. Most didn't have any problem with the MM update. If so the factory reset fixed it. I purchased mine beginning of November 2015 from a Verizon corporate store.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Never had problems with Verizon phones. I learned, no matter which phone, company I now always do a factory reset. Hate it, but do it when there's a major update. No problems with 6.0 now at all.

GNex, GS3, Note 3, Note 4 and now V10. They shouldn't be able to touch anything software on any device, but for that we would have to wait on FCC to demand. They should only provide service nothing else.

VZW Moto X DE/N7

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where one posted it, but they mentioned that the Application Manager no longer shows running apps. The running apps are now showing under Developer Options. What a place to put them.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
One more MM thing I just noticed today... the secondary screen signature is limited to 16 characters. I am not exactly sure what it was under LP, but I know it was more than 16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007