how to block unwanted calls on V10?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten so many telemarketing junk calls the past few days. How do i block these??

Posted via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Download Call Detector from the Google Play Store. Works great. I have the paid version, 1.49 a month to not put up with telemarketers is worth it!! You can also add manually also.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
the White Pages app can help.

And of course, you can block numbers manually after you realize they're junk. At least they can't call you back. Well, they can, but it won't ring. Might leave a VM.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
the White Pages app can help.

And of course, you can block numbers manually after you realize they're junk. At least they can't call you back. Well, they can, but it won't ring. Might leave a VM.

But how do you block the call manually?

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You don't need an app. It's built in. Go to your Phone app and tap on Call Logs. Tap the offending number and then tap the menu in the top right corner. Select Reject Call.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
what ralfyguy said.

White Pages ID is a caller ID app with a social component. So it can help provide you information on the caller, and can help you and the community mark calls as junk. If you get a call the community has identified as spam or junk, the White Pages ID will show that for you and let you choose to answer it or not.

So you can block the number on your phone after you've identified it as junk, and you can also optionally use White Pages ID to help others know it's junk and then also maybe know the next one's junk before you answer it.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
what ralfyguy said.

White Pages ID is a caller ID app with a social component. So it can help provide you information on the caller, and can help you and the community mark calls as junk. If you get a call the community has identified as spam or junk, the White Pages ID will show that for you and let you choose to answer it or not.

So you can block the number on your phone after you've identified it as junk, and you can also optionally use White Pages ID to help others know it's junk and then also maybe know the next one's junk before you answer it.

The problem with White pages is the caller can leave a voice mail :( With Call Detector it's a hang up and they can't leave any voicemail. You can also go into the settings and see the number that was blocked or set that Call Detector notifies with a notification on screen that a call has been blocked.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Good catch.

Also note that when you block a call on the phone itself, it still goes to voicemail.

It doesn't look like Call Detector offers caller ID, like the White Pages ID app does. Real caller ID.

So the question is, can/should I use both. Sounds like yes. Will have to try.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't need an app. It's built in. Go to your Phone app and tap on Call Logs. Tap the offending number and then tap the menu in the top right corner. Select Reject Call.

This is all i get when I'm on the offending # and press the 3 dots in upper right hand.

Attachments

• 48737.jpg
    48737.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 127

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This is all i get when I'm on the offending # and press the 3 dots in upper right hand.

What carrier are you on? My friend and I both had a G3 before and he is on US Cellular and he does not have that option either. I'm on AT&T.
This seems to be carrier dependent.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Download Call Detector from the Google Play Store. Works great. I have the paid version, 1.49 a month to not put up with telemarketers is worth it!! You can also add manually also.

I may give this a try. Thanks

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Verizon you can do it from your account online. Works great.

Verizon limits how many numbers you can reject through your account to 15.
I bought Extreme Call Blocker, highly configurable. You can specify a hangup, direct to voicemail, white list good numbers, and you can do all that number by number...

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Call Blocker is a good, free app that simply picks up and then hangs up. The caller doesn't hear anything. Not even a ring on their end. Your phone doesn't ring, and does not allow the caller to leave a voicemail. It is manual. Once you determine telemarketers or unwanted calls, Simply add them to the block list.

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Call Blocker is a good, free app that simply picks up and then hangs up. The caller doesn't hear anything. Not even a ring on their end. Your phone doesn't ring, and does not allow the caller to leave a voicemail. It is manual. Once you determine telemarketers or unwanted calls, Simply add them to the block list.

That's sound great, been looking for an app like this. Thank you

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I dont have that option. Must be a Verizon thing

this is how you block calls on t-mo...

click the phone icon

the screen says CALL LOGS, DIAL, CONTACTS (or whatever you have set)

click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and choose CALL SETTINGS

scroll down and choose CALL REJECT then REJECT CALLS FROM...

alternatively, you can go to SETTINGS > CALL

scroll down and choose CALL REJECT then REJECT CALLS FROM...

*as others have stated this will only prevent your phone from ringing. but the offensive caller can still leave a VM. again on tmo you have to sign up for a family plan (+$) and with that addition you will be able to completely block a caller. i pay around $60 a year to keep my ex's mom at bay. peace of mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney