I am due for for an upgrade. I currently have an LG G3 and like it a lot, but it's been having some issues lately. It won't stay connected on WiFi, I have tried everything. It seems like the battery isn't lasting as long. It also gets EXTREMELY hot when doing anything with GPS, especially when plugged in.

I love the buttons on the back of the G3; hence my decision to look at the V10. I think I will be ok with the size of the phone. The sporadic fingerprint scanner is not a huge deal to me. I am really concerned about the screen crack issues though. I have read through the whole tread, and it seems like a huge problem. I am very careful with my phones, I have NEVER cracked a screen, I use a Zagg glass screen protector, and I get the slim case with a kickstand from Verizon every phone I own (love the kickstand). I know the case doesn't offer a lot of protection, but it doesn't add a lot of bulk either, hence why I like them. I also put my phones in a NiteIze sideways holster, been using them for years.

I would settle for the G4, but that phone is a year old already, and I detest the G5 just because of the lack of buttons on the back.

Is the screen cracking really that common? It seems like LG isn't standing behind it, and that bothers me a lot. I don't want to be a month in and have a cracked screen that will not be fixed.
    03-24-2016 10:35 AM
    Cracked screen is a myth. Happy with my v10. All phones are prone to factory defects
    Ntchwaidumela and SaintlySins like this.
    03-24-2016 10:47 AM
    Since nothing is 100% perfect in mass production, it is possible some phones shipped where the glass was to tight with the frame and natural expansion/contraction of materials could make the glass crack. It's certainly plausible. Is it an issue? I wouldn't say it is. If you really read that thread, many people have dropped their phones and then can't believe the screen on a mil-spec rated phone cracked. Umm, it's glass. It breaks. Some people are unlucky and their screens crack every time. Some people drop their phone 10 times and nothing happens.

I wouldn't not buy the phone over an issue that might effect less than .1% of devices made. And quite frankly, any phone with a glass screen could be subject to the same problem.
    03-24-2016 11:16 AM
    I am very careful with my phone however I've had this phone since December and dropped it from about 3 or 4 feet a couple of times with absolutely no problems at all. I use UAG case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 11:24 AM
    Just yesterday I was working out on an elliptical and using my phone with corded headphones, well I somehow managed to pull the chord causing my phone to drop at least 4 feet and be hit by the feet of the elliptical and fly at least 3 feet and against a wall (I did have it in a clear spigen case with a glass screen protector) and absolutely nothing happened to it. Works perfectly. I'm fairy clumsy and drop my phone at least once a week and I haven't had one issue with this phone. The durability was the reason I went with the V10 in the first place.
    kixfan, Aredubu and SaintlySins like this.
    03-24-2016 11:48 AM
    No problems here, otterbox defender case with plastic screen protector.

03-25-2016 02:44 AM
    Go for it... It's a great phone... i've had the phone naked the last month and no issues... couple of drops... 3 year old getting ahold of it... and besides smudges after, no damages... i have a tempered glass screen protector only... phone still looks brand new...
    03-25-2016 11:54 AM
    Go for it... My screen broke on first stop with the Zagg tempered Glass screen protector on it and the CaseMate wallet case.
    But I noticed it cracked from a point where others said theirs cracked without a drop, the lower left corner.
    I got a replacement I thought was new, through the insurance program for $149 deductible. But the earphone jack went south on it. I am getting that repaired for $60 locally.
    But I love the phone... The size, the seco d screen I use for my frequent apps & contacts.
    With Marshmallow the time on the lock screen can be configured vertical (Lollipop default) or horizontal in settings.

O-B-1
    Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10
    03-25-2016 01:16 PM
    IMOH, the G4 is a nice upgrade from the G3, but the V10 is another dimension. If you like LG, you'll love the V10!!! Otterbox Defender here too, no concerns.

03-27-2016 03:08 PM
    Dropped mine face down on my concrete garage floor from about 5 feet. Landed like a pancake!! Ugh!! My heart stopped as I stood there in shock staring at my phone. Was certain it was destroyed. Slowly picked it up and turned it over. Stunned and relieved it survived with no issues. I have the Verizon tempered glass screen protector on it with a Spigen case.
    03-27-2016 09:09 PM
    Other than missing the Kickstand ... I can't imagine you'd regret upgrading to the V10.

As for the glass fragility ... it's "glass" ... if you're expecting any different experiences than any other smartphone on the market, you're setting yourself up for failure. I've had my V10 for quite some time, I'm not that clumsy with it, but it's seen it's fair share of shock, hits and a drop or two and not only has the glass held up without a scratch - the rest of the case has maintained a perfect condition and also scratch-less.

I really do appreciate this phone over the last 3 I've had.

Good luck with your choice.
    03-31-2016 09:21 AM
    Go for it... My screen broke on first stop with the Zagg tempered Glass screen protector on it and the CaseMate wallet case.
    But I noticed it cracked from a point where others said theirs cracked without a drop, the lower left corner.
    I got a replacement I thought was new, through the insurance program for $149 deductible. But the earphone jack went south on it. I am getting that repaired for $60 locally.
    But I love the phone... The size, the seco d screen I use for my frequent apps & contacts.
    With Marshmallow the time on the lock screen can be configured vertical (Lollipop default) or horizontal in settings.

O-B-1
    Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10
    It's awesome to hear you like this phone so much..

03-31-2016 10:35 AM