factory reset to fix battery

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I'm experiencing really poor battery after updating to mm. I know everyone says to do a factory reset. I've usually never done that after updates but my battery Definetely has taken a considerable hit so I'm considering it. What's the easiest way? I've heard download LG backup from the play store? Just wanted to check people's experience with that as it really doesn't have great reviews?

Posted via the Android Central App

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My contacts and pics are on SD Card and Verizon Cloud. So, other stuff I backed up under Google Account (App Data). Did factory reset and got everything back. Contacts ported back from Verizons Cloud with no problems. I gave up trying to back up contacts to google, last time I did that and did a reset (old phone) they never ported back. So now SD card and Verizon cloud.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
So I'm experiencing really poor battery after updating to mm. I know everyone says to do a factory reset. I've usually never done that after updates but my battery Definetely has taken a considerable hit so I'm considering it. What's the easiest way? I've heard download LG backup from the play store? Just wanted to check people's experience with that as it really doesn't have great reviews?

In your phone should be LG backup.. LG backup straight to SD card then factory reset then you do LG restore

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
In your phone should be LG backup.. LG backup straight to SD card then factory reset then you do LG restore

Where would i see LG backup? I've looked all over for it...dont see it that's why i thought i had to download it from Google play

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Where would i see LG backup? I've looked all over for it...dont see it that's why i thought i had to download it from Google play

In settings just below storage

Attachments

• 61591.jpg
    61591.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 87

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
In settings just below storage

Thanks! How is this different from Verizon cloud? I have 10,000 pics and videos, so dont want to lose anything. Also, it doesnt cost any $ does it? ,

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
In Settings, if you have list view, it's under>> Personal then>>backup & reset. Then opt for LG Backup or Google Backup.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! How is this different from Verizon cloud? I have 10,000 pics and videos, so dont want to lose anything. Also, it doesnt cost any $ does it? ,

No it doesn't cost anything. I've never used Verizon cloud so I don't know how that works but the AT&T version just saves pics/videos where LG Backup saves everything including apps and data.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't cost anything. I've never used Verizon cloud so I don't know how that works but the AT&T version just saves pics/videos where LG Backup saves everything including apps and data.

Thanks!!

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
boot into recovery and whip cache i do that after every OS update

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Factory Reset may resolve your problem but there is an alternative solution! Try to Force stop running applications, they are the one who eats your batteries and I recommend you to Download Purify or Clean Master LITE or both to help you force stop applications quicker! Hope this help!

So if i use the clear all button, its not closing Applications?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
You could also try a battery pull since you can remove the battery on the V10. Shut down your phone, pull off the back cover and remove the battery for about 60 - 90 seconds. Put the battery back in and turn your phone back on. I like to try the least painful solutions first!.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I did as suggested and backed up before the update. Then did a reset and am now restoring the backup. VERY slow. 10 minutes and now at 27% restored and counting. I guess that is the re-downloading and installing of all the apps.

Having not used the LG to SD card backup before my question is: Other than what Google does automatically with my Google/gmail account info, is the LG backup all I need? Can I forget about the annoying Verizon cloud backup?

Also once the backup is restored, I think I will look for that DT Ignite app and try to disable it. Sounds like a good idea if that will stop at least a few of the many bloatware installs that Verizon forces on to the phone. I have seen a few different posts talking about doing this, but have not seen specific instructions. Can someone just post a simple 1, 2, 3, etc. step list for exactly the best way to proceed after the backup restoration process finishes? Thanks!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I did a backup and my battery life is horrible compared to before the update.... I wish I would have never updated

Winston P

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Use Google Photos or move photos to SD card. Ensure Google Contacts sync is enabled, check your WhatsApp backup to Google Drive, and you're mostly good to go.