LG v10 bluetooth audio not working

Jim Dalton1

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Immediately after loading the new Verizon Marshmallow update to my LG v10 I noticed that when I played audio on my JVC car stereo from phone the track would move forward but there was no sound. I connected to BT in my other car and it played just fine. I tried deleting the connection and reconnecting and at first it seemed like it was working.

However what I've found is when I turn on the car and BT connects automatically - no sound. If I go to BT settings (on the phone) and disconnect (not unpair) and then reconnect - sound works just fine.

So it seems like my audio needs the phone to initiate the connection in order to work.

Any suggestions? I don't know what to try next. Its annoying have to disconnect and reconnect every time I start the car.

Last edited:

pharmboy24

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had nothing but issues with the bt on this phone and I don't have MM yet, was hoping that fixed issue but doesn't sound promising. My GMC radio does same thing. Only thing I've found to work versus going to all the work you are doing is to change input to regular radio or satellite radio then hit the bluetooth input again and it works. Still a pain but better than disconnecting and reconnecting. Mine also has issues being really choppy, especially if trying to do something on phone at same time. Only thing that fixes that temporarily is resetting phone.

toolman157

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing poor Bluetooth range with this phone when connected to my gear s2. Voice calls are inaudibly choppy after only 10 to 15 feet away from the phone. Happening before and after mm update. I think it's a serious hardware issue w this phone. Very frustrating!

DarrenM2112

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Experiencing same issues with bluetooth being choppy and disconnecting when streaming and on calls. This is a major issue with no help from AT&T support. Suggestions were; a) wait for MM b) wipe device c) replace device after unsuccessful wipe. None of which seem to be a solution for this wide spread issue. Has anyone contacted LG directly?

Tyson Richard

May 4, 2016
Visit site
that my v10 was working fine before the MM update. Now I cant find a way to get it back.

Once you turn off my truck (2014 gmc) the next time you turn it on, the Bluetooth connects fine, but no audio. You can even see the song progression on the radio in the truck just no sound. I have to unpair and repair the device, then it works till the Bluetooth is disconnected again. Tried tons of troubleshooting.

I'm convinced it's since the MM update.
I used to have to press the radio button to XM then back to Bluetooth to get it to work but now that doesn't even work.

Keep in mind that phone calls all worth through Bluetooth fine.

Annoying.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Only issue I have is the volume is way too high and it will not go down either with the phone or the radio. 2011 Corolla.

croth56

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with 2014 Chevy Silverado. Phone works fine but no audio when streaming. Can watch music slider moving, but no audio. Got the phone in Dec and had this same problem. Verizon fixed it with their January update and all was good. Then installed MM and it's broken again. Gotta love it. LG said it's a problem that has to be fixed by Verizon. About ready to get rid of the V10 and get a nexus 6P

pharmboy24

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having worse issues than before the MM update. Same issues as stated above by others in my 2015 GMC. Mine is even more annoying that if I'm listening to satellite radio and hit the home button on my phone (nothing to do with media) it changes my input to Bluetooth on my screen (of course no sound comes out) I did contact LG and they said there isn't a known BT issue to them with the V10. After their standard troubleshooting and after I stated I can show them multiple forums where it is an issue they stated I can send in to see if a repair is warranted. I'm curious if this is even worth sending in? Does anyone have a current GMC or Chevy that their V10 streams with no issues? All the forums I see with issues seem to mostly be GM factory radios. I may just ask AT&T to send me a refurb and see if it works. But I'm really wondering if it's gonna work on any V10s period from what I read on the forums?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a Chevy/GMC with V10 issue. Those of you with the GM trucks, have you tried a different model/brand phone if possible?

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be a Chevy/GMC with V10 issue. Those of you with the GM trucks, have you tried a different model/brand phone if possible?

I have no problem with my 2015 Chevrolet High Country and Bluetooth and works fine with my wife's note 5

pharmboy24

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You have a v10 that you use? I previously used a note 4 and also the Zenfone that had zero issues. But if your v10 works maybe there is a good for just doing the exchange or letting LG try to fix it. Not sure what is smarter.

Tehdanzig

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a LG V10 as well. I have had both above mentioned problems. Before MM phone would often times be playing but there was no sound through my 2015 Chevy Silverado. I finally found if I just hit the regular radio button then hit the media button it would bring the audio back no problem. But annoying but I figured whatever. Now I got MM first time I've gone too use it since, everything connects just fine says it's playing but no matter what I do now I cannot get any audio... This is absolutely ridiculous. Huge issue.

Charles McK

May 10, 2016
Visit site
A week ago, I upgraded my LG V10 Tmobile to MM. I have a chevy Silverado truck and the Bluetooth has been horrible. I have to pair the phone each time I get into the truck to be able to hear my audio books, the phone calls come through fine, but anything else, notta unless you repair the phone. There is this horrible cracking noise that goes on now as well, which is wrecking listening to anything. I have been searching around the internet for solutions and so far nothing. I am have temped this weekend to factory reset my phone even though, I have a ton of stuff on it. I will just move my files to the sd card before I format it. It is the only thing that I can think of that might work. If anyone else has a solution or knows anything to get the Bluetooth working correctly, would greatly appreciate it. I really hate this problem, it is the only one I have but it is the worst cause I listen audio book daily.

pharmboy24

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine acts 100 percent like tehdanzig above on my 2015 gmc denali 3500 radio. Used to work if I hit radio button and back to Bluetooth before MM. Now nothing works except totally rebooting and forgetting truck and then repairing phone with truck. I also have that loud pop. I don't think there is a fix as I tried the factory reset already. The most ridiculous thing is LG says it isn't a known issue. I haven't had time but think I'm gonna call att and make them swap for another phone and hope it doesn't have one issue as one person here says theirs works fine with a 2015 gm radio.

pharmboy24

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I actually have to get a couple recalls performed in a few weeks, so may hold off on calling AT&T until I'm finished with those and ask about any radio firmware update. But it's just so weird that all of the other phones I've tried work flawlessly with the radio. It is only this LG that has issues.
Other thing I was contemplating doing was doing the upgrade to the 2016 gmc radio that has Android auto. But that is kinda pricey. Its bad that the Bluetooth on a phone makes me want to go that route. Lol

Charles McK

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I had a bluetooth adapter at my house so I hooked it into the headphone jack of the lg v10 and paired that with my Chevy Silverado and it works perfectly fine. It isn't a vehicle firmware issue it is a update to the lg v10 issue in mm. I didn't have this problem until I updated to mm.

pharmboy24

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get why the phone will pair with other bluetooth speakers fine and it seems to mostly be GM/Chevy radios that it is having problems with. That's the only thing that doesn't make sense to me. I'll see what GM says about the firmware I guess just because I'm curious anyways. I had the same issue before MM, it was easier to deal with hitting the radio button then back to bluetooth, but it still was the exact same issue. First LG phone I've had in ages and this is definitely frustrating.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay... I thought I would stream some music tonight on the way to work with my v10 in my 2015 Chevrolet High Country Silverado... No dice.... It would connect via Bluetooth but no volume through the speakers. I am going to move some music to my SD card and try it there as well as loading up a USB stick and try that.. The phone and text messages works fine and it shows what I am streaming but no volume at all.. It connects fine every time I get in BTW.

Posted from my AT&T LG v10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan