The one fatal flaw!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I really love my V10 and mostly for the camera. I've had a pleasant experience with it this far except for one annoying and fatal flaw. The proximity sensor fails to recognize when my face is away from the screen and cut on after or during calls. Also the phone sometimes becomes completely unresponsive to anything and starting today this is happening even when calls are not being made. The always on second screen does not display anything and even physically pressing on the power button does nothing. The screen just remains black until either I pop the battery or plug into the charger. I'm not going to overreact as this may be a software issue with a fix coming soon but this is completely unacceptable behavior if this continues to happen. I'll continue to monitor and keep an eye on Android Central to see if this is a common issue. Other than that I still have very few issues/cons on the V10. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Not having any issues like that. Sorry to hear you are having any issues. Hope they get resolved soon.

DrWMJ

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hate to say it, but a factory reset is likely the only thing to fix such a problem. Takes about an hour, depending on how many apps you have loaded. Worth a try. Good luck.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not here. Working perfect. I agree with DrWMJ, you might try a factory reset to see if it solves the problem. I learned the hard way, now I always do a factory reset after a major upgrade. Phone runs fresh and new then with no hiccups at all.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this when my V10 is in my car cradle and connected to my Ford Sync while on a call. During a call the screen will come on and off. For my situation I am not sure if this is really the proximity sensor or a security thing since I have my phone stay unlocked when connected to the Bluetooth in my car.

I have a couple other things going on that I may do a factory reset for to see if they clear up . If I do I will be sure to report back if a reset clears things up.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hate to say it, but a factory reset is likely the only thing to fix such a problem. Takes about an hour, depending on how many apps you have loaded. Worth a try. Good luck.
Yeah I'll wait to see if this continues as it was only happening after calls until yesterday when it would happen regardless of what I was doing once the screen shut off it would just become unresponsive for a while. I really don't want to do a hard reset so I will be patient.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yep... a factory reset might be your thing.

My V10 has been 99% perfect. The only quirky thing I had, was the OEM IR blaster app quit on me. Factory reset fixed it and its been fine since.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with the proximity sensor and the screen would stay black even after i move the phone away from my face. There are posts here about it.
I cleaned it with a cloth, and also sprayed it with compressed air to clean.. no luck.
Then i took a Qtip and cleaned it good getting into the little crevasses around the proximity sensor, and all of a sudden it works perfect now.
When it comes to the proximity sensor when the phone is on or during calls its very sensitive, so if its just even a little dirty in the cracks around the sensor it will throw it off.
Try this.. maybe it will help

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I had issues with the proximity sensor and the screen would stay black even after i move the phone away from my face. There are posts here about it.
I cleaned it with a cloth, and also sprayed it with compressed air to clean.. no luck.
Then i took a Qtip and cleaned it good getting into the little crevasses around the proximity sensor, and all of a sudden it works perfect now.
When it comes to the proximity sensor when the phone is on or during calls its very sensitive, so if its just even a little dirty in the cracks around the sensor it will throw it off.
Try this.. maybe it will help
Thanks I'll try that but so far I have not had any issues with my phone. I'm gonna tag this in the wonky behavior column. Battery life has even been better today as well. Just weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22