Ok so has anyone seen this screen on their V10 lately? This started showing up at the end of March but that was about a week after I got the MM update. It happens when I am plugged in and charging and I have to swipe this screen, then swipe my lock screen, and then sometimes swipe this screen again because it returns. I am about to factory reset to hopefully get rid of this.

I do not use battery optimization apps and nothing shows up around the above timeframe in my apps list as being installed that might be causing this. I did have Opera Max at one point but it's gone and yet this is still here. The three dots at the top right have an option that says turn off. I do that but after restarting my phone this returns while plugged in.

Battery Charging Screen-screenshot_2016-04-11-15-19-08.jpg
    Battery Charging Screen-screenshot_2016-04-11-15-18-54.jpg
    04-11-2016 02:22 PM
    I figured this out. This is caused by an app called KittyPlay, which is something I have used very sparingly to find new wallpaper for my phone. I just checked my battery usage and this was consuming 17% and was second only to screen time. I went into the app to see what would cause it to run all the time and there is a feature for fast charging. I have uninstalled this app.

Leaving this here in case anyone else sees this and wonders what is causing this to appear. A wallpaper app that add features for fast charging? I would have never thought to look at that.
    oditius likes this.
    04-11-2016 02:36 PM
    Unfortunately there are a lot of apps that are advertised one way and then do other things as well.

Glad you got it figured out.
    mbnocx likes this.
    04-11-2016 04:35 PM
    I figured this out. This is caused by an app called KittyPlay, which is something I have used very sparingly to find new wallpaper for my phone. I just checked my battery usage and this was consuming 17% and was second only to screen time. I went into the app to see what would cause it to run all the time and there is a feature for fast charging. I have uninstalled this app.

Leaving this here in case anyone else sees this and wonders what is causing this to appear. A wallpaper app that add features for fast charging? I would have never thought to look at that.
    I'm glad you figured it out but it started appearing on mine too and I have never installed KittyPlay. I just turned off the SpeedCharge feature and it went away. I still have no idea where it came from but I notice ads appearing on my phone upon unlocking sometimes too. Still haven't figured out where they are coming from.
    04-12-2016 02:18 PM
    I'm glad you figured it out but it started appearing on mine too and I have never installed KittyPlay. I just turned off the SpeedCharge feature and it went away. I still have no idea where it came from but I notice ads appearing on my phone upon unlocking sometimes too. Still haven't figured out where they are coming from.
    What SpeedCharge feature did you turn off? The one affecting mine was in that app, not in the system settings or the OS.
    04-12-2016 02:48 PM
    What SpeedCharge feature did you turn off? The one affecting mine was in that app, not in the system settings or the OS.
    It was the one that popped up and asked if i wanted to turn off speed charge. I just said yes. Its the same one as the picture posted above. I think it was the ad server for AppLock Pro that was causing my ads. I uninstalled that app and haven't seen an ad lately. I'm hoping that was the culprit.
    04-13-2016 02:05 PM
    Interesting... different developer names but same contact address.

Developer Go Dev Team https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v%20Team&hl=en
    Email applock@gmail.com
    17th floor ,Tower A,China International Center NO.33 Zhongshan 3rd Road Yue Xiu district,GuangZhou,China

Developer Home Plus https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e%20Plus&hl=en
    Email thekittyplay@gmail.com
    17th floor ,Tower A,China International Center NO.33 Zhongshan 3rd Road Yue Xiu district,GuangZhou,China
    04-13-2016 03:46 PM
    I don't have KittyPlay either and I'm stuck with it. "Turn Off" is only temporary, as it always comes back. I've seen other people claim it's because of CleanMaster, but I don't have that either. It's driving me nuts and I don't know where it's coming from! I don't have any new apps.
    04-17-2016 01:59 PM
    I don't have KittyPlay either and I'm stuck with it. "Turn Off" is only temporary, as it always comes back. I've seen other people claim it's because of CleanMaster, but I don't have that either. It's driving me nuts and I don't know where it's coming from! I don't have any new apps.
    Try checking your battery usage, that's how I found the app that was causing mine.

Settings > General > Battery > Battery Usage

Under Battery Usage Details it showed mine with Screen at around 20% and second was KittyPlay at 17%. KittyPlay, as I found out, ran all the time even though I had not been in the app since installing it. It had some other features like themes and wallpaper changer as well as a fast charge option. I could have turned that off and stopped the dumb ad/battery screen but I opted to uninstall due to their shady way of putting that feature in.

Whatever is causing yours is probably acting a similar way. I also noticed my battery draining much faster during the same 2-3 weeks which matches when KittyPlay adding these options. Once I uninstalled KittyPlay not only did that battery screen disappear but my battery performance is back to normal. Good luck finding the culprit. Probably an app by the same developer.
    oditius likes this.
    04-17-2016 06:34 PM
    I may be totally off base but I thought that was a function of OmniSwipe (LazySwipe), no? I turned that off on the settings page of that app I believe.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2016 08:51 PM
    I may be totally off base but I thought that was a function of OmniSwipe (LazySwipe), no? I turned that off on the settings page of that app I believe.
    At least for me that was not the app causing the charging/advertisement screen. I have never used Omni Swipe but this function may be built into many similar apps, especially if the same developer makes them as appears to be the case with KittyPlay and AppLock Pro.
    04-25-2016 01:11 PM
    I recommend zedge instead

Posted via the Android Central App
    mbnocx and NurdBurd7 like this.
    04-25-2016 01:45 PM
    Thanks for this. I also had this annoying lock screen hijacker. I also had never installed or heard of Kitty Play but when the Go Dev team were mentioned I realised I recently installed the Go Keyboard. I've just uninstalled that and Hey Presto, my lockscreen is back to normal. Thanks for the investigative work folks
    mbnocx likes this.
    05-15-2016 04:39 PM