Hello, I have previously own a Galaxy Note 3 Lte (SM-N9005), now I have switched to a new LG V10 (H961N), I noticed that unlike the note 3, it cannot control who can connect to your hotspot with mac address, I do not see an option about that within the tethering menu. once a person have your password, they can connect to your WiFi hotspot.

Since I am living in a dormitory, I used my tethering as basically my home network, and my classmates keeps on asking me for WiFi password, I gave them the password, they can connect any time. But sometimes I would like to play some online games on my computer (like LOL, Dota 2, GTA Online, etc. I wouldn't want my classmates stealing all my bandwidth during the game.

Is there anyway like in the note 3 that I can control what mac address can access my WiFi, like only registered device can access it, I want is so badly as I do not want to upset my friends and at the same time when I need to game I still can.

*If you enter the wifi hotspot setting in the note 3/4 you can see that at the top there is a bar where when you press it you can change the option of allow all devices to connect or only registered device can connect.

*If it seems like impossible, is there any third party apps that can achieve this? (No root pls)
    04-12-2016 11:07 AM
    Huh. My T-Mobile V10's hotspot app has an Allowed Devices option.
    04-12-2016 11:54 AM
    How the hell did you manage that?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-12-2016 03:04 PM
    The T-Mobile Mobile HotSpot app allows the functionality described above, to some point at least. I can add a MAC address and give it a nickname.

I've never done it, though, so I don't know if i can check a box on and off to toggle permission on demand.
    04-12-2016 03:38 PM
    You can on Verizon as well. Once you enable the hotspot the menu becomes available.
    04-12-2016 05:22 PM
    I am living in Hong Kong Currently and I am not using Verizon nor T-mobile, so do you guys have any other suggestions?
    04-12-2016 09:29 PM
    I can see only two solutions:

- Shut down your hotspot and actually "tether" your computer to your phone with a USB data cable (may require an app to do this)

- Change the hotspot password so that others cannot have access (giving out your hotspot password seems dangerous to me)

Don't your "friends" have phones of their own?
    04-13-2016 12:29 PM
    I can see only two solutions:

- Shut down your hotspot and actually "tether" your computer to your phone with a USB data cable (may require an app to do this)

- Change the hotspot password so that others cannot have access (giving out your hotspot password seems dangerous to me)

Don't your "friends" have phones of their own?
    Second this. Real friends would abuse your kindness like this. A third option is to charge everyone for use and up your data plan.....
    04-13-2016 12:42 PM