Am I the only one disappointed with the LG V10 front facing camera?

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had the V10 for a couple months now, and I was super excited for the extra wide selfie camera... but the pictures it produces are just not great quality. Is Marshmallow going to help this, or am I doomed to look jaundiced forever? hahaha

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Front facing camera images come out fine, at least when comparing them to those I've taken with my M8. It won't beat out something like the G4's 8mp sensor but it still performs well.

Posted on an LG V10

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's why I'm disappointed. I had the G4 before the V10, but it had an unfortunate accident involving the floor of the grocery store.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe that's why I'm disappointed. I had the G4 before the V10, but it had an unfortunate accident involving the floor of the grocery store.
I've been complaining about it since I got it. It seems to take better pictures when the lighting is VERY GOOD, but other than that.. it's not that good. my G4 took amazing front-facing pics man.. this one seems like they lagged quite a bit on it compared to the G4

Michelle Haag

I work here.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been complaining about it since I got it. It seems to take better pictures when the lighting is VERY GOOD, but other than that.. it's not that good. my G4 took amazing front-facing pics man.. this one seems like they lagged quite a bit on it compared to the G4

Yep, totally agree. Outside it's ok... but inside it's like I live in a yellow submarine or something. Everything just looks terrible. I'm hoping that Marshmallow helps, but I don't know if it's possible. lol

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep, totally agree. Outside it's ok... but inside it's like I live in a yellow submarine or something. Everything just looks terrible. I'm hoping that Marshmallow helps, but I don't know if it's possible. lol

Mine isn't yellow but it looks like I took it with a Webcam from 2002 lol

Posted via the Android Central App

sduncan24

May 31, 2013
Visit site
i'm glad i saw this, cause i thought i was crazy or that there was something wrong with my phone. The wide lens makes it seem like i put a filter on the picture, almost to make it look like an oil painting.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you adjust white balance with the app that takes the super-wide pictures? If so, adjust it when the camera is looking at a sheet of printer paper. (Or stop taking selfies in areas lit with yellow light.)

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Can you adjust white balance with the app that takes the super-wide pictures? If so, adjust it when the camera is looking at a sheet of printer paper. (Or stop taking selfies in areas lit with yellow light.)

I think one of the issues with the front camera is that you can't adjust wb or exposure. Often photos come out over exposed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay