Is LG ever going to come out with a wireless for the V10?

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I know they can be found online for anywhere from 10 bucks on up, but why won't LG make one?????????

Ok, whine session over......

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a good choice on their part. Would you spend an additional $30 for the LG logo on someone else's charging plate? What's inside is the same, almost no matter which one you buy (there's some cheap junk that's not as good as the $10 plates you can get on Amazon [and there are cheaper ones that are still pretty good]). I really don't see why people spend so much extra money on Qi plates or cables when there are a lot of them that are as good as the OEM version at a quarter (or less) of the price.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I know they can be found online for anywhere from 10 bucks on up, but why won't LG make one?????????

Ok, whine session over......
They do make a wireless charging back. They just choose not to sell it in the US for some reason. Amazon has them in the LG brand if you are willing to pay the rather hefty price for OEM.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they're 60 bucks on Amazon. Really a shame LG doesnt just include it. I can't imagine it cuts into their profits very much.

Maybe the V11 will have it stock.

Posted via the Android Central App

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
didn't I read that the wireless charging causes internal damage in the v10 making charging impossible.

Now I guess I won't do it, at least not until I get a little clarification on whether or not it causes damage to my phone.

Last edited:

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
+1 on the OEM NFC charging back. But it is shaped different and doesn't work with the Casemate wallet/folio case

Hasn't damaged my phone, and I am using the Nokia Lumia 920 charging plate with it.

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Just look on Amazon the lg v10 wireless back is there.. It just isn't sold by lg directly in the us

Posted via the Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd actually be interested in getting an official oem wireless charging back. The only issue is it's not listed anywhere in LG's site and can only be found with other merchants. Hell, it doesn't help that prices are too high for a battery backing.

If I can find one for a cheaper price with a trustworthy seller then I'm more likely to buy one. Otherwise, I'll stick with wired charging as I'm careful as is with cables.

Posted on an LG V10

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site