group messaging issues

sduncan24

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I use the stock messaging app and i have been having 2 issues since day one with the V10.

1. This phone does not seem to handle group texts at all, my message app crashes all the time even in smaller group texts that are 3-5 people.
2. I have one group text with 10-20 people in it and at times it will split those in to 2 separate texts. Not like if someone doesn't have a new phone and it is just one text. It actually splits it in to 2 groups.

i tried searching in this forum and didn't find much. hoping someone has a potential fix to the issue.

xboxonthego3

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
What is your carrier? I don't use the stock app and I have been using textra. I have had zero issues. But I don't normally have a group text of 10 or more.

sduncan24

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Verizon, i never had any issues like this with my galaxy s4 so i assumed it wasn't the carrier. i only have one large group text, the rest are little 3-5 people groups.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock messaging app and i have been having 2 issues since day one with the V10.

1. This phone does not seem to handle group texts at all, my message app crashes all the time even in smaller group texts that are 3-5 people.
2. I have one group text with 10-20 people in it and at times it will split those in to 2 separate texts. Not like if someone doesn't have a new phone and it is just one text. It actually splits it in to 2 groups.

i tried searching in this forum and didn't find much. hoping someone has a potential fix to the issue.

Do you have a lot of messages?

And I believe the MMS spec is limited to 10 recipients so that's probably why you're seeing it split some times.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon, i never had any issues like this with my galaxy s4 so i assumed it wasn't the carrier. i only have one large group text, the rest are little 3-5 people groups.

I've always found Samsung's and LG's stock apps to be inconsistent with group messaging. Might I suggest switching to another SMS/MMS app like Google Messenger?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Also, any iPhone users in your group(s)? That tends to bork things up for us Android users as far as group messages.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have people in groups with iPhones and never have an issue.

Not saying it happens in every single instance. But, scanning this and other forums, that is one of the leading issues with group texts or MMS in the iPhone to Android text problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2