LG V10 Wifi hotspot keeps on turning off even when connected?

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Here is a problem that is bothering me a lot, My LG V10 keeps on automatically turns off the wiifi hotspot after a while. Even when there is like lots of devices connected to it, it stills turns off. It doesn't make a difference even when I set the automatic timeout to never. Why is this happening? How do I fix it?

Methods tried:
Reinstall android
Change hotspot password
change timeout time
Broadcast ssid or not
different password security (WEP/WPA2).....

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Curious, How long are you running it (or trying to run it)? What carrier are you using?

On Verizon with a 2015 macbook pro I have run mine for about 90-100 minutes straight without any problems.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
No problems here with T-Mobile.

YOU think devices are connected; does the V10 think they're connected? Are your devices doing some kind of wifi sleep that you're not taking into consideration?

I dunno. It just seems that the V10 might think nobody's connected.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue since Marshmallow.. On TMobile.

I've even added my Hotspot app to the doze whitelist, but nope

Posted via the Android Central App

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
...and these are the kinds of things I need to know about before upgrading, things that aren't evident in the first 8 hours after the upgrade is released, things that don't come out for several weeks.

I absolutely need mobile hotspot. I can't afford to have any glitches with it.

"Nope! No problems here! All good! Go ahead and upgrade!" indeed.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
What hot spot app are you guys using?
Is it any better using the carriers app?
I have no problems with the Verizon hotspot app. I use it around once a week for about 80 minutes during my sons speech therapy sessions.

Steve Verbil

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
What hot spot app are you guys using?
Is it any better using the carriers app?
I have no problems with the Verizon hotspot app. I use it around once a week for about 80 minutes during my sons speech therapy sessions.

I'm using the stock hotspot on my LG V10 on T-Mobile. It's on MM (6.0), like everyone here I'm guessing, and it's disconnecting at random times *while I'm in the middle of interacting with the connection.* Doesn't make a difference how long I set the idle Timer for, including "Never." My Galaxy on T-Mobile never did this.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
How is your LTE signal strength when your wifi drops?

I have had mine glitch and drop off when my 4G signal is weak. On Verizon I need at least 4G-2/5 bars to use the hotspot, and at that point its crawling and really isn't serviceable.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you asked your carrier? Maybe theres something they can do to assist?

Just yesterday I was in a great verizon coverage spot (90 down, 45 up), and ran my hotspot for 90 minutes with my macbook connected.
Good Luck, hopefully you can get it fixed. Wifi hotspot hosting is the main reason I am still on Verizon, I use it all the time as a mobile worker.

ryan jenkins4

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Do you think doze has anything to do with it?

I have an lg tab 8 f and it is on AT&T I never had this problem before 6.0 mm . now hot spot times out . I believe it is the doze settings but I added the all access app to the white list and Wi-Fi to the white list and it still times out. I am still searching for a fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800