05-21-2016 07:35 AM
93 1234
tools
    after only 8 hours?

Can one really exercise the full range of capabilities--or lack thereof--of a complex pocket computer in the course of only one working day?
    Life of the party, Adam? LOL
    04-21-2016 07:27 PM
    It just kicked me off and said no update is available at this time. I was 22% into the download

Posted via the Android Central App
    Try using LG Bridge.
    04-21-2016 07:31 PM
    notifications seem way louder now

bskin8 likes this.
    04-21-2016 07:58 PM
    Everything looks good so far! It's still early, but no major complaints so far.

04-21-2016 08:08 PM
    Visually there isn't much difference. Maybe some animations, but still the same ui.

04-21-2016 08:09 PM
    Seems a bit snappier.

04-21-2016 08:12 PM
    Where is/what is doze I have been hearing about

Here's some reading on it:

Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? http://www.androidcentral.com/inside...hat-does-it-do
    04-21-2016 08:24 PM
    My lock screen swipe animation reset to default. I had it set to "bubbles". Now I cannot find the setting anymore.
    Does anybody know where I can find that again?
    04-21-2016 09:23 PM
    Seems to work a little better. Fingerprint scanner is finally working 98% of the time. Got real hot for a while, and slow. But it cooled down and now runs smoothly. Too soon to see if anything is new..
    04-21-2016 10:22 PM
    So far so good..way to early to tell though I normally play the wait and see game but went ahead and installed it.

1 thing I noticed right away is my phone connects faster to WiFi on secure networks.,and browsing is definitely faster using Boat Browser.

It'll take a few days to sort all through everything, especially since I don't run everything stock.,but no issues downloading everything and booting in it.

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10
    04-21-2016 11:15 PM
    I just updated my V10 to 6.0. Now every time I power on my phone I get a notification about my SD card. Anyone else having this issue, or know how to make the notification stop?
    kixfan likes this.
    04-22-2016 12:09 AM
    I had same problem and I had to go thru several powr on and off cycles ....does your finger print sensor work faster?
    tn_friend likes this.
    04-22-2016 01:59 AM
    I just updated my V10 to 6.0. Now every time I power on my phone I get a notification about my SD card. Anyone else having this issue, or know how to make the notification stop?
    Pretty sure I read it has to do with 3rd party launchers that have the double-tap to wake/sleep option turned on. I haven't tested it personally (I use Nova, but don't regularly turn my phone off).
    04-22-2016 04:50 AM
    Thanks for the reminder. I installed that last weekend, but I haven't set it up yet

04-22-2016 05:12 AM
    My main Nova desktop screen insists on leaving one square empty. It acts like something is there but nothing is. I had to wait until after 10 pm to do the update.
    04-22-2016 05:20 AM
    My main Nova desktop screen insists on leaving one square empty. It acts like something is there but nothing is. I had to wait until after 10 pm to do the update.
    Some widgets take up excessive space, could be that. I have a few widgets that take up a lot of blank space on my screen

04-22-2016 06:40 AM
    Before I upgraded, everything fit
    04-22-2016 08:05 AM
    Pretty sure I read it has to do with 3rd party launchers that have the double-tap to wake/sleep option turned on. I haven't tested it personally (I use Nova, but don't regularly turn my phone off).
    Factory reset after upgrade. No third party launcher and I have this problem.
    Also several app' s notification icons are just white blanks.
    Power school app does not work anymore.
    04-22-2016 08:33 AM
    I don't have any third party launchers installed and I am currently having this issue. Not that is hindering the phone in any way, just an annoyance.

First Observations:

BT issues I had with my Ford SYNC prior to MM do not seem to be there. But I have not fully tested this yet.
    Overall it seems much more snappier.
    Notification sounds are louder.
    Now have the ability to adjust vibration intensity.

This is all I have noticed so far with no real issues that leans me toward doing a factory rest just yet.
    biotron2000 likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:40 AM
    My issues so far:
    1. MM decided I don't need a bunch of my apps. They appear as generic android symbols and say app not installed when I touch them. I reinstalled apps and restarted phone and they reverted to the same thing. Very annoying!
    2. The fingerprint scanner does not work anymore at all. It shows it is on and has my prints in settings but does nothing to unlock the phone. Also very annoying!
    3. I can see nothing called or related to Doze.

It's looking like I may have to reinstall all my apps yet again, do a backup, and factory restore the phone. I HATE doing factory restores! Nothing ever restores exactly like it was for me. Anyone have any ideas about fixes or also having any of these issues? I'm not running any 3rd party launchers or anything like that.
    04-22-2016 09:21 AM
    My issues so far:
    1. MM decided I don't need a bunch of my apps. They appear as generic android symbols and say app not installed when I touch them. I reinstalled apps and restarted phone and they reverted to the same thing. Very annoying!
    2. The fingerprint scanner does not work anymore at all. It shows it is on and has my prints in settings but does nothing to unlock the phone. Also very annoying!

It's looking like I may have to reinstall all my apps yet again, do a backup, and factory restore the phone. I HATE doing factory restores! Nothing ever restores exactly like it was for me. Anyone have any ideas about fixes or also having any of these issues? I'm not running any 3rd party launchers or anything like that.
    Here's some light reading on Doze.

Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? http://www.androidcentral.com/inside...hat-does-it-do
    kixfan likes this.
    04-22-2016 10:02 AM
    Fingerprint scanner much more accurate, much faster and has haptic feedback.
    kixfan likes this.
    04-22-2016 10:15 AM
    My issues so far:

Use LG Bridge to back up. Makes factory reset much quicker.
    kixfan likes this.
    04-22-2016 10:30 AM
    I got an upgrade notification this morning. I let it start upgrading and it's been going for about 10 minutes and is now in the middle of optimizing apps.
    04-22-2016 11:02 AM
    Update finished in about 15 minutes. I got the popup bout the SD card also. The only other weird thing I noticed so far is that the text messages displays the phone numbers instead of the contact name.
    04-22-2016 11:18 AM
93 1234