05-21-2016 07:35 AM
93 1234
tools
    Does anyone use the USA Today app and when you get a notification, is there just a white circle instead if the blue round icon that was on Lollipop before?
    04-22-2016 12:02 PM
    I think it may be any color icon in the notification bar. The only notifications that I've seen look like that since the MM upgrade are ones that were in color before. Not sure if it's a bug with the update or a fix on the apps side to be fully MM compatible.
    04-22-2016 12:44 PM
    Update finished in about 15 minutes. The only other weird thing I noticed so far is that the text messages displays the phone numbers instead of the contact name.
    Mine did so as well for about a couple of minutes. Not sure why but it now displays correctly.
    04-22-2016 12:55 PM
    Mine did so as well for about a couple of minutes. Not sure why but it now displays correctly.
    This exactly. Had it happen for a couple of text's that came in right after the upgrade. Had another about an hour later and it was fine.
    04-22-2016 02:00 PM
    I also got it today.
    04-22-2016 02:29 PM
    Just for the hell of here is what the AT&T support page had listed for the details around the MM upgrade:

Update summary
    Effective April 21, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the LG V10 (H900). The update is available to customers to download via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) using a Wi-Fi connection.

Software update includes
    Upgrade to Android 6.0
    Video Calling (IR94)
    Advanced Messaging (IPME)

What to expect after the update
    Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software.
    04-22-2016 03:07 PM
    Use LG Bridge to back up. Makes factory reset much quicker.
    Actually I have had occasion to restart my phone several times today. After the last restart I now have all the apps that disappeared back and working again, the fingerprint scanner is now working again and it is amazingly faster and more responsive. I'm thinking maybe it was just rebuilding caches and databases and such and it just took some time. The phone overall seems faster and peppier too. I will definitely backup with LG Bridge just in case though.
    04-22-2016 03:08 PM
    First reboot did the typical install, battery was draining fast on the os, second reboot reoptimized 6 more programs and battery was still draining fast, third reboot was normal reboot and battery is acting spectacular now.
    kixfan likes this.
    04-22-2016 03:12 PM

Software update includes

Advanced Messaging (IPME)
    Anyone know what this means? I've been using Messenger since I had issues with the native app.
    04-22-2016 03:59 PM
    So what was it? Any idea yet? You can't leave us in suspense like this!! LOL
    It's the marshmallow update. I got mine today and so far I love the new features!
    biotron2000 likes this.
    04-22-2016 04:02 PM
    Trying to figure that one out myself. I don't see anything different about the native app and haven't had any issues with it either.
    biotron2000 likes this.
    04-22-2016 04:21 PM
    Well, I can say this. My phone hasn't randomly restarted or blacked out yet. 95% of the time, it is Facebook or Chrome that causes it. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Had about 40+ updates afterwards. Definitely noticing an improvement in the fingerprint reader. Smoother, less retries.

The auto brightness seems improved. I always thought that the V10 had a more aggressive auto brightness than the G4.

Kind of wish that there was a list of MM apps. Now that the finger print reader is fully supported.

Really hoping that the battery life has improved. I'm going to the Renaissance festival tomorrow and outlets weren't really big in the 1400s, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2016 07:28 PM
    I'm not getting the update, not even with LG Bridge, what's going on?
    04-22-2016 07:35 PM
    I'm not getting the update, not even with LG Bridge, what's going on?
    After connecting your phone to the USB port, check to see if it is connected. Mine said V10 on the bottom left. Once you do, click the software update tab and click on software update button. Give it a few seconds and it should show a button to start it. Let us know if you still have problems.
    tn_friend likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:14 PM
    Well, I can say this. My phone hasn't randomly restarted or blacked out yet. 95% of the time, it is Facebook or Chrome that causes it. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Had about 40+ updates afterwards. Definitely noticing an improvement in the fingerprint reader. Smoother, less retries.

The auto brightness seems improved. I always thought that the V10 had a more aggressive auto brightness than the G4.

Kind of wish that there was a list of MM apps. Now that the finger print reader is fully supported.

Really hoping that the battery life has improved. I'm going to the Renaissance festival tomorrow and outlets weren't really big in the 1400s, lol.

A full day in and the battery seems somewhat better than before. Standby for sure is better than before.

With the extra battery deals that has been going on, not having extra only puts you at a disadvantage...

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10
    04-22-2016 11:50 PM
    Did the update today. Made the phone hiccup at first but is it all seems smooth. I was really waiting for the go fingerprint support for awallet password manager but it seems it crashes the app trying to use it. Oh well.
    04-22-2016 11:50 PM
    Anyone know what this means? I've been using Messenger since I had issues with the native app.
    Advance Messaging is like Facebook Messenger. See when your messages are delivered, read, and when others are responding. Both you and the recipient must have this feature turned on in Messaging app settings in order for it to work.
    tn_friend likes this.
    04-23-2016 01:33 AM
    My phone is definitely snappier after the update. I just noticed that swiping up from the home button doesn't open Google Now. Does anyone know how to fix that? I've looked in the settings for Google Now and can't find one.

04-23-2016 11:36 AM
    My phone is definitely snappier after the update. I just noticed that swiping up from the home button doesn't open Google Now. Does anyone know how to fix that? I've looked in the settings for Google Now and can't find one.

It's a little different now in MM. Press and hold the Home button to activate Google Now. The app has changed as well to and is an overlay on the current screen you are on.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.
    04-23-2016 01:17 PM
    My FPS worked well before. With MM it is amazingly fast and accurate. Phone is generally much faster now, too. Glad I did it!

04-23-2016 02:06 PM
    Cool!!
    04-23-2016 06:10 PM

Looks like this now

04-23-2016 06:13 PM
    Question.... I've connected to the LG Bridge by both the supplied usb cable and via wi-fi to my V10 and every time I try any function [Backup, Software Update], I get a message "LG AirDrive is busy. Try again later." I've got the current version, re-installed it but to no avail... Anyone else run into this and what is the fix??
    04-23-2016 06:40 PM
    updated yesterday. anyone else use the home button capture+ to snap screenshots before the update? it no longer works for me. right after the update, when I pressed capture+ button it would open the Google keep app. I deleted keep and now the capture, the button does nothing.
    04-23-2016 07:42 PM
    Something I have noticed with my V10 is my Wi-Fi speeds have increased.

Don't know if there was a setting tweaked but my V10 is now a speed hog.

Before MM I was lucky to hit 18Mbps on my home network. Now Ookla often rates me at 25.9+/-.

None of the other devices in the house have updated or been removed so I assume that the change is software related.

04-23-2016 08:08 PM
93 1234