05-21-2016 07:35 AM
93 ... 234
tools
    Now that is a pleasant surprise!
    04-23-2016 11:48 PM
    Something I have noticed with my V10 is my Wi-Fi speeds have increased.

Don't know if there was a setting tweaked but my V10 is now a speed hog.

Before MM I was lucky to hit 18Mbps on my home network. Now Ookla often rates me at 25.9+/-.

None of the other devices in the house have updated or been removed so I assume that the change is software related.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The change is software related. Many other V10 users had network problems which was caused by having a microsd in the phone's slot as well as fingerprint scanner issues when using a case before the Marshmallow update. Dunno what changes were made to software bands for wireless but speeds for me have also increased and is more reliable.

Posted on an LG V10
    04-24-2016 01:06 AM
    I know that I probably need to do a factory reset now but I would like to avoid it if possible as I don't have a way to do a decent backup.

I have observed over the last few days that my battery performance has dropped by roughly 25%. Not a complete deal breaker but I really don't want to spend the three hours it will take to set my phone up again.

Just power cycling the phone a couple times hasn't accomplished anything. And most battery analyzers are resource hogs in their own rights.

04-24-2016 01:04 PM
    why don't you have a way to do a decent backup?

You can do it to a computer, using LG Bridge. Or you can put in an SD card and back up to that.
    04-24-2016 01:41 PM
    Beware of backups anyway. When I upgraded to 6.0, I no longer had usable ringtones. My phone switched to "Vibe only" every time someone called. So I used LG backup and did a factory reset. Then I did the restore, and it restored it perfectly, worked just like it did before the reset. I mean with the habit of dropping to "Vibe only" mode with an incoming mode. So I did another reset, except this time I did it as a new and even erased the sd card. Well, the phone works normal and rings when a call comes in. But here is the kicker, I went and hooked my sd card to the laptop to restore my "Ringtones" folder to the SD card. When I went to change the ringtone to the one I want, I realized that when I tried to fix that before doing the reset that almost all my ringtones was missing or been renamed. So that may have caused the problems..
    04-24-2016 03:22 PM
    I gave up on my laptop. Win 10 and it's gorram updating scam/scheme is so fracking obnoxious I don't touch that thing anymore.

And I've learned the hard way how useless SD cards are. Too many have died.

04-24-2016 04:47 PM
    I gave up on my laptop. Win 10 and it's gorram updating scam/scheme is so fracking obnoxious I don't touch that thing anymore.

And I've learned the hard way how useless SD cards are. Too many have died.
    Not disputing you on the SD card thing, but you really need it only for a little bit--to take the backup, then to restore the backup. You don't need to marry it. Use it solely for active backup.

As for giving up on your laptop...well, that's YOUR situation. Overall, my advice remains: backup to a computer using LG Bridge. If you don't have a computer, use someone else's or get a computer of your own that works. Or fix the one you have. It seems like you went from 7/8 to Windows 10 "unexpectedly". Well, no one's update should have been unexpected. And you don't like Windows 10 compared to what you had before, but that doesn't mean your Windows 10 doesn't work and can't work to run LG Bridge and do a backup.

I think you're actively looking for excuses not to do a backup, but for the life of me I can't imagine why. Just do a backup. Then you'll have something to restore from.
    04-24-2016 08:04 PM
    LG Bridge gives me error saying busy. Anyone know how to fix that? I am Having issues since the update of my contacts in messaging showing numbers instead of names like they used to, some apps also are not giving me notifications when they should, and battery life is way worse. I have two batteries and it is the same for both. Anyone else? Ideas?

04-25-2016 12:31 AM
    Question.... I've connected to the LG Bridge by both the supplied usb cable and via wi-fi to my V10 and every time I try any function [Backup, Software Update], I get a message "LG AirDrive is busy. Try again later." I've got the current version, re-installed it but to no avail... Anyone else run into this and what is the fix??
    It's doing that to me too. I finally just gave up.
    04-25-2016 11:15 AM
    You go into the AirDrive tab of Bridge and disconnect it. Then Backup works.
    eeadams33 likes this.
    04-25-2016 12:21 PM
    It's doing that to me too. I finally just gave up.
    I actually got it to work by disconnecting from the phone, using the USB cable, and then reconnecting. Worked great that way. Hope that helped.

04-25-2016 04:36 PM
    Thank you Adam for taking a moment and answering my question. That was the answer... I had called LG Support yesterday and they were actually proposing that I send my V10 in for Repair!! Thanks again..
    04-25-2016 07:02 PM
    Thanks for this! I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.
    04-26-2016 10:23 AM
    Have they pulled the update? I have tried both over the air and with LG Bridge and it keeps telling me my device is up to date.
    05-02-2016 01:00 PM
    Nobody else out there having issues?
    05-05-2016 01:35 PM
    I'm having same issue
    05-10-2016 07:01 PM
    Have they pulled the update? I have tried both over the air and with LG Bridge and it keeps telling me my device is up to date.
    On LG Bridge, give it a minute after hitting the check update button
    Mine took longer than I expected to get started.
    05-10-2016 07:54 PM
    Still no update for me. Going to have to force it. Saw a post on xda
    05-21-2016 07:35 AM
93 ... 234