AT&T LG V10 Update

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
My main Nova desktop screen insists on leaving one square empty. It acts like something is there but nothing is. I had to wait until after 10 pm to do the update.

Some widgets take up excessive space, could be that. I have a few widgets that take up a lot of blank space on my screen

Posted via the Android Central App

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure I read it has to do with 3rd party launchers that have the double-tap to wake/sleep option turned on. I haven't tested it personally (I use Nova, but don't regularly turn my phone off).

Factory reset after upgrade. No third party launcher and I have this problem.
Also several app' s notification icons are just white blanks.
Power school app does not work anymore.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure I read it has to do with 3rd party launchers that have the double-tap to wake/sleep option turned on. I haven't tested it personally (I use Nova, but don't regularly turn my phone off).

I don't have any third party launchers installed and I am currently having this issue. Not that is hindering the phone in any way, just an annoyance.

First Observations:

BT issues I had with my Ford SYNC prior to MM do not seem to be there. But I have not fully tested this yet.
Overall it seems much more snappier.
Notification sounds are louder.
Now have the ability to adjust vibration intensity.

This is all I have noticed so far with no real issues that leans me toward doing a factory rest just yet.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My issues so far:
1. MM decided I don't need a bunch of my apps. They appear as generic android symbols and say app not installed when I touch them. I reinstalled apps and restarted phone and they reverted to the same thing. Very annoying!
2. The fingerprint scanner does not work anymore at all. It shows it is on and has my prints in settings but does nothing to unlock the phone. Also very annoying!
3. I can see nothing called or related to Doze.

It's looking like I may have to reinstall all my apps yet again, do a backup, and factory restore the phone. I HATE doing factory restores! Nothing ever restores exactly like it was for me. Anyone have any ideas about fixes or also having any of these issues? I'm not running any 3rd party launchers or anything like that.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My issues so far:
1. MM decided I don't need a bunch of my apps. They appear as generic android symbols and say app not installed when I touch them. I reinstalled apps and restarted phone and they reverted to the same thing. Very annoying!
2. The fingerprint scanner does not work anymore at all. It shows it is on and has my prints in settings but does nothing to unlock the phone. Also very annoying!

It's looking like I may have to reinstall all my apps yet again, do a backup, and factory restore the phone. I HATE doing factory restores! Nothing ever restores exactly like it was for me. Anyone have any ideas about fixes or also having any of these issues? I'm not running any 3rd party launchers or anything like that.

Here's some light reading on Doze.

Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? http://www.androidcentral.com/inside-marshmallow-what-doze-how-do-i-use-it-and-what-does-it-do

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My issues so far:

Use LG Bridge to back up. Makes factory reset much quicker.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I got an upgrade notification this morning. I let it start upgrading and it's been going for about 10 minutes and is now in the middle of optimizing apps.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Update finished in about 15 minutes. I got the popup bout the SD card also. The only other weird thing I noticed so far is that the text messages displays the phone numbers instead of the contact name.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use the USA Today app and when you get a notification, is there just a white circle instead if the blue round icon that was on Lollipop before?

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I think it may be any color icon in the notification bar. The only notifications that I've seen look like that since the MM upgrade are ones that were in color before. Not sure if it's a bug with the update or a fix on the apps side to be fully MM compatible.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Update finished in about 15 minutes. The only other weird thing I noticed so far is that the text messages displays the phone numbers instead of the contact name.

Mine did so as well for about a couple of minutes. Not sure why but it now displays correctly.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just for the hell of here is what the AT&T support page had listed for the details around the MM upgrade:

Update summary
Effective April 21, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the LG V10 (H900). The update is available to customers to download via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) using a Wi-Fi connection.

Software update includes
Upgrade to Android 6.0
Video Calling (IR94)
Advanced Messaging (IPME)

What to expect after the update
Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software.

Last edited:

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Use LG Bridge to back up. Makes factory reset much quicker.
Actually I have had occasion to restart my phone several times today. After the last restart I now have all the apps that disappeared back and working again, the fingerprint scanner is now working again and it is amazingly faster and more responsive. I'm thinking maybe it was just rebuilding caches and databases and such and it just took some time. The phone overall seems faster and peppier too. I will definitely backup with LG Bridge just in case though.

gjutras

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
First reboot did the typical install, battery was draining fast on the os, second reboot reoptimized 6 more programs and battery was still draining fast, third reboot was normal reboot and battery is acting spectacular now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome