AT&T LG V10 Update

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Trying to figure that one out myself. I don't see anything different about the native app and haven't had any issues with it either.

Last edited:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can say this. My phone hasn't randomly restarted or blacked out yet. 95% of the time, it is Facebook or Chrome that causes it. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Had about 40+ updates afterwards. Definitely noticing an improvement in the fingerprint reader. Smoother, less retries.

The auto brightness seems improved. I always thought that the V10 had a more aggressive auto brightness than the G4.

Kind of wish that there was a list of MM apps. Now that the finger print reader is fully supported.

Really hoping that the battery life has improved. I'm going to the Renaissance festival tomorrow and outlets weren't really big in the 1400s, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting the update, not even with LG Bridge, what's going on?

After connecting your phone to the USB port, check to see if it is connected. Mine said V10 on the bottom left. Once you do, click the software update tab and click on software update button. Give it a few seconds and it should show a button to start it. Let us know if you still have problems.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can say this. My phone hasn't randomly restarted or blacked out yet. 95% of the time, it is Facebook or Chrome that causes it. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Had about 40+ updates afterwards. Definitely noticing an improvement in the fingerprint reader. Smoother, less retries.

The auto brightness seems improved. I always thought that the V10 had a more aggressive auto brightness than the G4.

Kind of wish that there was a list of MM apps. Now that the finger print reader is fully supported.

Really hoping that the battery life has improved. I'm going to the Renaissance festival tomorrow and outlets weren't really big in the 1400s, lol.

A full day in and the battery seems somewhat better than before. Standby for sure is better than before.

With the extra battery deals that has been going on, not having extra only puts you at a disadvantage...

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Did the update today. Made the phone hiccup at first but is it all seems smooth. I was really waiting for the go fingerprint support for awallet password manager but it seems it crashes the app trying to use it. Oh well.

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what this means? I've been using Messenger since I had issues with the native app.

Advance Messaging is like Facebook Messenger. See when your messages are delivered, read, and when others are responding. Both you and the recipient must have this feature turned on in Messaging app settings in order for it to work.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone is definitely snappier after the update. I just noticed that swiping up from the home button doesn't open Google Now. Does anyone know how to fix that? I've looked in the settings for Google Now and can't find one.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone is definitely snappier after the update. I just noticed that swiping up from the home button doesn't open Google Now. Does anyone know how to fix that? I've looked in the settings for Google Now and can't find one.

It's a little different now in MM. Press and hold the Home button to activate Google Now. The app has changed as well to and is an overlay on the current screen you are on.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
My FPS worked well before. With MM it is amazingly fast and accurate. Phone is generally much faster now, too. Glad I did it!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Looks like this now

118f35a2d47d62e7cdc691d30d8262a2.jpg

eeadams33

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Question.... I've connected to the LG Bridge by both the supplied usb cable and via wi-fi to my V10 and every time I try any function [Backup, Software Update], I get a message "LG AirDrive is busy. Try again later." I've got the current version, re-installed it but to no avail... Anyone else run into this and what is the fix??

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
updated yesterday. anyone else use the home button capture+ to snap screenshots before the update? it no longer works for me. right after the update, when I pressed capture+ button it would open the Google keep app. I deleted keep and now the capture, the button does nothing.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Something I have noticed with my V10 is my Wi-Fi speeds have increased.

Don't know if there was a setting tweaked but my V10 is now a speed hog.

Before MM I was lucky to hit 18Mbps on my home network. Now Ookla often rates me at 25.9+/-.

None of the other devices in the house have updated or been removed so I assume that the change is software related.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Something I have noticed with my V10 is my Wi-Fi speeds have increased.

Don't know if there was a setting tweaked but my V10 is now a speed hog.

Before MM I was lucky to hit 18Mbps on my home network. Now Ookla often rates me at 25.9+/-.

None of the other devices in the house have updated or been removed so I assume that the change is software related.

The change is software related. Many other V10 users had network problems which was caused by having a microsd in the phone's slot as well as fingerprint scanner issues when using a case before the Marshmallow update. Dunno what changes were made to software bands for wireless but speeds for me have also increased and is more reliable.

Posted on an LG V10

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I know that I probably need to do a factory reset now but I would like to avoid it if possible as I don't have a way to do a decent backup.

I have observed over the last few days that my battery performance has dropped by roughly 25%. Not a complete deal breaker but I really don't want to spend the three hours it will take to set my phone up again.

Just power cycling the phone a couple times hasn't accomplished anything. And most battery analyzers are resource hogs in their own rights.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
why don't you have a way to do a decent backup?

You can do it to a computer, using LG Bridge. Or you can put in an SD card and back up to that.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Beware of backups anyway. When I upgraded to 6.0, I no longer had usable ringtones. My phone switched to "Vibe only" every time someone called. So I used LG backup and did a factory reset. Then I did the restore, and it restored it perfectly, worked just like it did before the reset. I mean with the habit of dropping to "Vibe only" mode with an incoming mode. So I did another reset, except this time I did it as a new and even erased the sd card. Well, the phone works normal and rings when a call comes in. But here is the kicker, I went and hooked my sd card to the laptop to restore my "Ringtones" folder to the SD card. When I went to change the ringtone to the one I want, I realized that when I tried to fix that before doing the reset that almost all my ringtones was missing or been renamed. So that may have caused the problems..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad